Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    The counter argument is that if you do a deal early enough then clubs have all summer with the cash to take their time with replacements? Dortmund managed to sign plenty of players at the start of the summer tbh.
    Na, because Spurs in 13/14 bought players for cheaper as they didn't sell Bale at that point. What happens is that a club know you have money from a previous sale and are more likely to fleece you for it.

Anyway I'd be pretty happy with Arsenal's window. Only issue is that they didn't just buy Lacazette or a more established striker, but I'd assume Lucas Perez has similar qualities, can play on the wing as well as be a genuine option up top. Gnabry going to Bayern is a **** up though but I think just start Chamberlain and see how he develops as it's over for Walcott.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Just ****ing lol at the fans who were thinking Wilshere would start at Juventus and now he's going to Bournemouth

Sums up his whole career really.
    Some guy said Only Pjanic and Marchisio would be ahead of him in their midfield.

LMAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Na, because Spurs in 13/14 bought players for cheaper as they didn't sell Bale at that point. What happens is that a club know you have money from a previous sale and are more likely to fleece you for it.

Anyway I'd be pretty happy with Arsenal's window. Only issue is that they didn't just buy Lacazette or a more established striker, but I'd assume Lucas Perez has similar qualities, can play on the wing as well as be a genuine option up top. Gnabry going to Bayern is a **** up though but I think just start Chamberlain and see how he develops as it's over for Walcott.
    Gnabry has gone to Werder Bremen. Knowing our luck he will be our equivalent of the KDB situation, the guy has Bayern transfer in a few years written all over him.

But hey, he had to leave as Wenger for some unknown reason has faith in Walcott. I am sure that Gnabry counts as a homegrown player too so the homegrown reason for preferring Walcott makes no sense. It all makes no sense considering how low Walcott's ceiling is.

ReputationRep:
    Fwiw, i actually rate Ox highly. Last year Sanchez had large patches of bad form but people rarely mention it as he's Sanchez.

However, with Ox, I feel like he has shown a lot of promise, he's got a much higher ceiling as a well rounded player than Walcott does. There has been many times I seen Ox play and think that if he was German and would cost £50m then people would be saying "sign him up". In reality I don't see there being much difference between him and Draxler at this point in their careers.

ReputationRep:
    Theo though.... 27 years old and he's actually regressed from his younger years. Absolute disappointment of a player. He's 28 soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Theo though.... 27 years old and he's actually regressed from his younger years. Absolute disappointment of a player. He's 28 soon...
    It only needed one torn ACL for that to happen. Prepare for the same to happen to one Danny Welbeck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    It only needed one torn ACL for that to happen. Prepare for the same to happen to one Danny Welbeck
    Danny Welbeck's future is one where he's our substitute striker. Which tbh, he would not be bad at. That way we can also mitigate the chances of him having another serious injury.

ReputationRep:
    Fwiw, i actually rate Ox highly. Last year Sanchez had large patches of bad form but people rarely mention it as he's Sanchez.

However, with Ox, I feel like he has shown a lot of promise, he's got a much higher ceiling as a well rounded player than Walcott does. There has been many times I seen Ox play and think that if he was German and would cost £50m then people would be saying "sign him up". In reality I don't see there being much difference between him and Draxler at this point in their careers.
    Swear Iwobi almost has the same number of career goals and assists as Ox in the PL?

I remember when he burst on the scene last year he was averaging a goal/assist a game for a while

ReputationRep:
    Swear Iwobi almost has the same number of career goals and assists as Ox in the PL?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    Ox: 103 appearances: 8 goals, 7 assists.

Iwobi: 14 appearances: 2 goals, 4 assists

ReputationRep:
    Ox: 103 appearances: 8 goals, 7 assists.

Iwobi: 14 appearances: 2 goals, 4 assists

Then Iwobi is a good player.

Why do you care anyway? You're a Utd fan.

ReputationRep:
    Then Iwobi is a good player.

Why do you care anyway? You're a Utd fan.
    I'm an Arsenal fan

ReputationRep:
    I'm an Arsenal fan
    Despite having a Utd RVP avatar before? LOL, strong cuck.

ReputationRep:
    Despite having a Utd RVP avatar before? LOL, strong cuck.
    Think you have me mistaken.

Had a SAF avatar because he's the greatest manager of all time.

Had a Rashford avatar because he's the future of English football.

ReputationRep:
    Eddie Howe had the best w*nk of his life no doubt when Wilshere chose Bournemouth.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:

lies.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Eddie Howe had the best w*nk of his life no doubt when Wilshere chose Bournemouth.

His signing of afobe made this all happen.

ReputationRep:

So Why do you have food as your avatar? Because you're hungry?

ReputationRep:
    Who's heard that rumours that Jack doesn't want to play for Wenger again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)

At least at Bournemouth there are a lot of residential homes to help people recover from illness or injury. Unlike the area represented in Parliament by Jeremy Corbyn.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.