Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If we're playing like against Honduras, one can only fear how it'll be when we face Italy.

ReputationRep:
    Are Honduras seriously trying to waste time?

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    At this rate I can honestly say England won't even get past the groups. We probably won't even beat Costa Rica.

ReputationRep:
    Woy Wodgson deserves the sack, along with the rest of his team. What a joke of a performance.

ReputationRep:
    God knows how Hodgson became a professional manager. I've never seen him use anything that even resembled a tactic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Really? His bus-parking-counter-attacking style would probably give us our best chance of going far
    I don't care about the style of football, we wouldn't win anything under him and as Midlander says, it would be a media circus and Mourinho actively courts it. Complete ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advice Guru)
    At this rate I can honestly say England won't even get past the groups. We probably won't even beat Costa Rica.

Woy Wodgson deserves the sack, along with the rest of his team. What a joke of a performance.
    Another once every 4 years expert detected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    If we're playing like against Honduras, one can only fear how it'll be when we face Italy.
    Tbh, the two don't really relate. One team is sitting deep asking us what we've got, the other will keep the ball and try to dictate the game. I'd think it will be a game with a very different dynamic. Not that it means we'll do well against Italy but I don't think is much of an indication.

Another thing, I know he's not exactly sharp, but how much different does Wilshere look. I mean back in the Arsenal-Barca game (you may have heard about it) when he was being compared to players in Pep's B team ie Thiago.

ReputationRep:
    Another once every 4 years expert detected
    When you can't beat a 10 man Honduras, that says a lot really.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't want to beat a dead horse, but if the score stays the same, it'll be really tempting. If there's no end product, what difference does it make?

ReputationRep:
    Ross looks a proper footballer.

Johnson has had a shocker.

ReputationRep:
    When you can't beat a 10 man Honduras, that says a lot really.
    It's a friendly against a team sitting deep and playing dirty. We beat Peru last week but when we did that it was just "oh it's only Peru". You can't win in these games.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to see Italy rip England apart.

ReputationRep:
    England play Costa Rica last, and England only bother trying when they're behind. For some reason it's how they prefer it. They like to fail so that they can make a comeback, whether it be in a match or over the course of a campaign, so if there's something to play for they'll get whatever minimum result is required in that match. Don't forget Italy have had an even worse build-up to the tournament, so that could be a draw at least. Uruguay aren't THAT great but will surely be in their element in the conditions, and South Americans are epic homers, so I'd expect a good win for Uruguay anyway.

If England need a win against Costa Rica, you can bet on 1-0. If England need a draw, 0-0. If they're both out by then and a first team is played, 0-0, but I'd assume a second string would be played and they'll be more fluid and win 2-0. That's how I see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I don't care about the style of football, we wouldn't win anything under him and as Midlander says, it would be a media circus and Mourinho actively courts it. Complete ****.
    Neither do I, I care about results. I'm just saying the style he would play would give us our best chance of winning anything. Of course we probably still wouldn't but I'd definitely take him. There's always a media circus really, just less this time because expectations are low. A little bit worse isn't so bad.

ReputationRep:
    It's a friendly against a team sitting deep and playing dirty. We beat Peru last week but when we did that it was just "oh it's only Peru". You can't win in these games.
    What are you going to do if Italy go 1-0 up and decide to sit deep and play dirty. And Italy sitting deep is a lot tougher than Honduras sitting deep.

ReputationRep:
    very poor from england; it's quite scary how unable we are to create very many clear cut chances.
    feel sorry for lambert, he has been supplied with absolutely nothing, which is bitterly disappointing from the view of a striker.

sturridge has been unusually inefficient, which has let us down.
    but nobody has really stood out - just a very flat performance against a mediocre team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    I really don't want to beat a dead horse, but if the score stays the same, it'll be really tempting. If there's no end product, what difference does it make?
    Well, looking more like scoring/playing well and not scoring is better than not looking like scoring and not scoring. At least we have a base to build on, but if we're playing bad and not scoring. Where do we go from there.

Saying that, the Dynamic against Italy will be different.

ReputationRep:
    You know there are probably Italian versions of you saying the opposite after they drew against Luxembourg. At home.

ReputationRep:
    What are you going to do if Italy go 1-0 up and decide to sit deep and play dirty. And Italy sitting deep is a lot tougher than Honduras sitting deep.
    Our first team defence has done well in the 2 games they've played, 0 goals conceded. So I could say the same thing about us going a goal up.

Like they did at the Euros, right?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.