Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    As a side note. We're totally reaching 10k posts. Threads are limited to 10k and then a second thread is started.

Anyone got a good idea for a name?

TSR American Football Society 2

Or something is my suggestion
    We talked about this at 9746 onwards, 'we' (a few of us particularly regular posters) said that the title should be all encompassing in it's American Football scope. We've talked all kinds of football here ever since I've been here anyway so limiting it to NFL seemed unnecessary. We also thought we (this time it might be the royal we encompassing only me) needed a rookie guide on page 1 but your title is pretty much where we were at with it. Roman numerals as opposed to the actual number seem to be TSRs convention though? American Football Talk II, anything along those kind of lines is going to be fine.

ReputationRep:
    The BBC did a pretty good beginner's guide before one of the most recent SBs I think, just recycle that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    We talked about this at 9746 onwards, 'we' (a few of us particularly regular posters) said that the title should be all encompassing in it's American Football scope. We've talked all kinds of football here ever since I've been here anyway so limiting it to NFL seemed unnecessary. We also thought we (this time it might be the royal we encompassing only me) needed a rookie guide on page 1 but your title is pretty much where we were at with it. Roman numerals as opposed to the actual number seem to be TSRs convention though? American Football Talk II, anything along those kind of lines is going to be fine.
    Sounds good to me. I often skip chunks in this thread when I get behind so must have missed it.

I completely agree on a newbie guide in the OP. Especially with the superbowl coming up.

Maybe a little bit of written guide by some fans on stuff like where and how to watch games, legally of course are the only ones allowed in a guide.

And a list of the regulars and the teams they support? Dunno, just thinking out loud atm.

The important thing is to have an OP that is active to update it etc. I can add a mod of H and I if needed though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    4-0 last week, but I can't bring myself to pick the 4 home teams. Let's try Ravens, Broncos, Cowboys and Seahawks.

Hopefully that'll put the reverse jinx on at Foxboro...go Pats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Rodgers being injured makes the game a lot more predictable. I'd otherwise bet very high on the packers at lambeau if he was 100 percent.

I expect the Patriots to handle the ravens. I have a really bad feeling though Gronkowski is gonna end up injured however.
    Rodgers will be fine...That's the benefit of doing well enough to secure the bye. The Packers have had a chance to rest and reload. The Patriots have Edelman back healthy. Gronk is healthier. Brady is healthier. Their defense is healthier.

My Broncos needed the bye week as well. I think only Danny Trevathan did practice last week, and his knee was shot. Brandon Marshall is questionable, but I hope he plays, as he is so crucial. Nice to see some of lingering injuries to some players heal up as well. DT should be healthier with his ankle. Manning should be healthier. And the defense should be healthier too.

I don't want to comment on the playoff predictions. I'll back my Broncos to beat anyone anywhere on any given Sunday, but the Colts are a very good football team. The Colts have no balance though. If there's a QB you want to throw 40 times a game, it will be Luck...but that's a lot of chances to get picks. Hopefully Chris Harris can do a job on TY Hilton.

(Original post by Motorbiker)
    As a side note. We're totally reaching 10k posts. Threads are limited to 10k and then a second thread is started.

Anyone got a good idea for a name?

TSR American Football Society 2

Or something is my suggestion
    American Football II sounds good. I think it would be better if it includes college football and even BUAFL football. As things stands we might need that new one tonight...

I'm going with Patriots, Broncos, Cowboys, and Seahawks for this week's predictions.

I think the Ravens beating the Patriots last time was a bit of a fluke. The Patriots had so many injuries at the time. Without Gronk they're so weak, so as long as they keep him healthy and they play reasonably well I think they will win their home games.

ReputationRep:
      Pats, Broncos, Cowboys, Seahawks seems like the predictions on this side of the pond, but having spoken to a lot of Americans they're all saying GB > CBs.

ReputationRep:
      GB are favourites.

I love Steve Smith Sr.

ReputationRep:
      Glad I didn't blink while I was finding a stream for this game. Nice drive that was so short it's barely possible to comment on.

Well, I missed part of the first quarter and I find New England down by two touchdowns. Well, my predictions have gotten off to a bad start.

ReputationRep:
        My analysis is standing up pretty well :smug: By that I mean the Ravens O line looks great even bookended by a guard and a UDFA, and Gronk has made ridiculously easy plays when he gets a clean release. On his first catch they tried to press him but the linebacker showed blitz and did it from a weird angle with his hips kind of automatically opening. The long catch they just let him run by them. With the Ravens front I don't like seeing them blitz like this. They should realise they are not going to outsmart Brady, press receivers with help over the top and trust 4 guys to get pressure.

ReputationRep:
        This will be me if Smith stays down.

ReputationRep:
        That big Revis PI call is a good example of what I meant when I said NFL refs don't care where a DB's head is.

ReputationRep:
        Brady's fault there. Horrendous throw not sure what he saw but he's had 3 games in a row with a real puzzling throw.

ReputationRep:
        whoever it is thats matching up with Chandler Jones he's getting away with murder lol

ReputationRep:
        If I had to guess I would say he threw it like that because the linebacker opened his hips to his left and Brady thought a dig/option would come open behind him. He threw it too close (maybe Gronk either didn't break or broke too late) and the linebacker turned 360 degrees to make a nice play.

Also you think everything is holding lol.

ReputationRep:
        As if Katy Perry got the half-time show.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Stalin)
        As if Katy Perry got the half-time show.
        2 questions: Why not, and who cares?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by SmashConcept)
        If I had to guess I would say he threw it like that because the linebacker opened his hips to his left and Brady thought a dig/option would come open behind him. He threw it too close (maybe Gronk either didn't break or broke too late) and the linebacker turned 360 degrees to make a nice play.

Also you think everything is holding lol.
        Lol look at the touchdown throw and tell my what is happening to Jones isn't a foul :lol:

ReputationRep:
        And Brady definitely was eyeing Gronkowski too much one of the really bad things he does ignore others just for Gronkowski or Edelman. Amendola was wide open.

Feed Amendola.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.