Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I'd love it (not that it will happen) if neither of them got in.
    Be careful what you wish for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green_Pink)
    Be careful what you wish for...
    You're not thinking farage:afraid:

TBH I wouldn't mind a farage-clegg-benett coalition. Just as long as mr pubman isn't MP.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)

TBH I wouldn't mind a farage-clegg-benett coalition. Just as long as mr pubman isn't MP.
    I like the idea of the progressive alliance. SNP Green Labour Respect Lib Dem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)

I think the RL Green party has some work to do. And getting shot of Benett is the first step...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    I like the idea of the progressive alliance. SNP Green Labour Respect Lib Dem.
    That has been in my sig for months. I was just stating that if clegg was PM I wouldn't mind if it were with the greens and UKIP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    I think the RL Green party has some work to do. And getting shot of Benett is the first step...
    Aye, I do think lucus was a much better leader and people actually know and respect here more.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    For those who just watched the debate, what do you think?

Ed won it fairly well for me. David Cameron crumbled against Jeremy and whilst he recovered slightly with the audience questions it wasn't enough to make up for a fairly slippery performance. Ed managed the audience to around the same extent but his performance against Jeremy, though bad to start with, was fantastic at the end. I especially loved his "Hell yeah I'm tough enough" reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    For those who just watched the debate, what do you think?

Ed won it fairly well for me. David Cameron crumbled against Jeremy and whilst he recovered slightly with the audience questions it wasn't enough to make up for a fairly slippery performance. Ed managed the audience to around the same extent but his performance against Jeremy, though bad to start with, was fantastic at the end. I especially loved his "Hell yeah I'm tough enough" reply.
    Definitely a win for Ed. The odds have moved to say he's lost the opinion poll battle which is odd, but I think this bodes very well for him. He went some way to disarming his reputation as a weak, posh snob and wasn't afraid to take responsibility for Labour's past failings. Did well with the audience, seemed normal and stood up to Paxman!

Kay Burley was completely biased too - I almost thought she was going to scream "Vote Tory!" into the camera at one point!

ReputationRep:
    Ed's performance almost makes me want to vote labour. Only almost though.

(Original post by David cameron)
    you people are better off in work
    That is the one thing that's really annoying me though. Cameron's disconect.

ReputationRep:
    Well done Ed Miliband. Overwhelming victory. He was awkward, not particularly presentable but importantly human. Fired up too. Disappointed with Burley, she was noticeably harsher with Miliband (e.g. "that's a politician's answer isn't it?" as opposed to "Have you ever had three shredded wheat?").

Not a knockout blow delivered by anyone, but potentially the 'Miliband' obstacle removed.

ReputationRep:
    ICM Poll: 54% Cameron, 46% Miliband. Somehow I think the next main opinion poll may be different though!

ReputationRep:
    ICM Poll: 54% Cameron, 46% Miliband. Somehow I think the next main opinion poll may be different though!
    I don't even?!?

ReputationRep:
    Would like to see that in context with general approval figures having thought about it. Would imagine Miliband started off lower than 46%.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Definitely a win for Ed. The odds have moved to say he's lost the opinion poll battle which is odd, but I think this bodes very well for him. He went some way to disarming his reputation as a weak, posh snob and wasn't afraid to take responsibility for Labour's past failings. Did well with the audience, seemed normal and stood up to Paxman!

Kay Burley was completely biased too - I almost thought she was going to scream "Vote Tory!" into the camera at one point!
    Agreed. A very effective strategy of taking the sting out of the more hurtful comments and turning it around. Even if he's behind in the poll results, it's probably an overall net Labour win. They may have removed the perception of a weak leader tonight.

Regarding Kay Burley, this pretty much sums it up:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    Would like to see that in context with general approval figures having thought about it. Would imagine Miliband started off lower than 46%.
    Very true. Even right-leaning people I'm seeing on Twitter are saying Miliband won it though - I'm wondering if ICM checked if their sample all definitely watched it?? Seems absolutely bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    ICM: 56% of those who said they "may change their minds" are now planning to vote Labour after the non-debate, as opposed to 30% now planning to vote Conservative.

Ed has also significantly narrowed the gap in terms of "Who would be the best Prime Minister", now only trailing by 48% to 40%.

ReputationRep:
    A couple of other interesting ones going Labour's way tonight (many other things polled but mostly as expected).

Who do you think would have the courage to say what's right? (ICM):Miliband - 51%Cameron - 35%

Who do you think was more spin than substance? (ICM):Cameron - 49%Miliband - 35%
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Anyone watching Question Time? Jim Murphy talking a lot of sense on immigration imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    This happened in the Europe debate last year. Clegg was objectively the winner of the first but because of who was giving the message it went to Farage in polling.

It likely means that Tory and Ukip voters thought Cameron won and that Labour and Lib Dem thought Ed won. We'll see the tables later.

ICM: 56% of those who said they "may change their minds" are now planning to vote Labour after the non-debate, as opposed to 30% now planning to vote Conservative.

Ed has also significantly narrowed the gap in terms of "Who would be the best Prime Minister", now only trailing by 48% to 40%.
    Yes. That's from a pool of 8% who say their vote has changed so Labour could gain 4-5% and the Tories 2-3%. Probably a reflection of Lib and Green voters being less loyal than Ukip voters.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    We'll be in need of a new thread soon.

(Original post by Birchington)
    QFA
    Would you do the honours, Mr. Speaker?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.