Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    I can't help but think DP will tire as the match goes on, but yes- this is set to be a good one!
    No doubt. He basically lost the Indian Wells final and Wimbledon semi in 13 because he does'nt have the steroid like fitness of others.

At any rate, even if he loses tonight i can't wait for the US Open. To have the Del Potro forehand firing again is very apetising.

ReputationRep:
    Can't lie and say I'm a massive Olympics fan, but a great day for Britain indeed More to come hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Can't lie and say I'm a massive Olympics fan, but a great day for Britain indeed More to come hopefully!
    I never was until 2012 but now i'm glued to the Veolodrome and rowing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I don't mind the water events for some reason. If I had to pick one it'd be the diving.

ReputationRep:
    Cycling and swimming for me
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The Olympics is the perfect thing to have on my second monitor (which I just can't have blank)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1471217515579.jpg

About 50% the human fatalaty figure, more than the human casualty figure, although what's given does sound exaggerated. Similar number of fatalities as WWII.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think Germany should look at their process for applying for asylum.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...efugee-shelter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    I think Germany should look at their process for applying for asylum.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...efugee-shelter
    It's also being reported Merkel is telling big businesses they should employ refugees, apparently they're joining Democrat America in trying to encourage employment of illegal immigrants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    It's also being reported Merkel is telling big businesses they should employ refugees, apparently they're joining Democrat America in trying to encourage employment of illegal immigrants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What ever happened to hiring the best person for the job?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    What ever happened to hiring the best person for the job?
    Liberals happened

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's the gold and in 10 minutes I can go back to disliking Andy Murray again.

ReputationRep:
    Liberals happened

Posted from TSR Mobile
    #notallliberals

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wonder how she'd pull that one off. If a refugee is best for the job and legally entitled to work, I'm sure big businesses would hire them. If anything it's small business where there's a greater risk of discrimination and even then it's overstated.

ReputationRep:
    Barman, a barcardi and cola please, it's been a long day

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here think the Republicans could lose the House in November? Heard it from a lot of people now but I just absolutely don't see it so I'd love to hear reasoning.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Does anyone here think the Republicans could lose the House in November? Heard it from a lot of people now but I just absolutely don't see it so I'd love to hear reasoning.
    The impact of Trump on moderate Republicans or floating voters, especially in tight seats, will be interesting to watch. The same goes for the Senate.

The Republicans could lose both if Trump alienates enough people beyond his core support.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Probably not, Rubio is already showing campaigning explicitly distancing from Trump neutralises the "damage" a lot, however I'm not one for trusting polls when pollsters are mysteriously changing methodology and erasing any evidence of it which suddenly gives Clinton 5-10 more points with not so much as a comment to say "we've changed methodology" which just smells fishy. Even with literally the entire establishment attacking Trump and defending Clinton I don't think he can quite be ruled out yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aaaaand, another incident in Germany.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The simple answer is No given the kind of seats which are up for grabs this year. In the lower House the Republicans are the strongest they've been in several decades in terms of holding it for most of Obama's reign.

(Original post by Birchington)
    The impact of Trump on moderate Republicans or floating voters, especially in tight seats, will be interesting to watch. The same goes for the Senate.

The Republicans could lose both if Trump alienates enough people beyond his core support.
    Swing state polling (bar Kansas) had not thrown up any real shocks the last time i performed analysis, that suggested Hilary to win but by an amount ranging from pitiful to moderate.

I'd therefore add two things..

1) If Trump is losing people it's probably in the heartlands which are relatively safe (a bit like Ukip stealing some Tory votes in the Shires).

2) Watch Hilary roll out her husband in places like Arkensas.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.