Does watching a DVD at his for our first date mean sex? Watch

sprout.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zedd)
Everyone knows DVD is short-phrase for DVDA.
+rep to you, sir.

And yes, dvd will almost always = sex. Why else would he want you in his room...together...aloooooooone. So he can put one inside you, thats why.
angel_with_horns
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Brouhaha)
A guy has asked me on a date next week, and I was kinda hoping he'd suggest the cinema or a drink, but he's asked me round to his to watch DVDs. While I'd love this with someone I knew well, I barely know this guy at all. So if I go to his for the first date, do you think he'll be expecting sex? Not that I'd necessarily have sex if I didn't want to -- but I discussed this with my best friend and she reckons I'm putting myself in a dangerous situation.
Opinions please?
No, just means he's budget and doesn't want to spend on you. Dump him.
Clunge
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Jeeze don't have a period over it.

If he seems a nice guy and respectful, he probably just wants to get to know you in comfortable surroundings, without feeling self concious.

But to ease you're mind you could see if he has any past convictions?
Brouhaha
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by BeanofJelly)
What so she should just chance it? Go to a guy's house by herself who she barely knows? What do you think she'd tell a jury if he raped her?
Some guys (a minority of course) are freaks. They think if a girl comes to their house on the first date that means sex, and if they don't get it, they get angry and they'll take it.
That's not paranoia, that's common sense. A stranger jumping out of the bushes is not the way it happens most of the time. Most rape cases happen in somebody's house with someone you think you can trust.
(Original post by gemma louise)
OP: I'm going to be honest, from everything you've said on here it's pretty obvious that you don't feel comfortable going round to his for the first date. So don't go. It could be that he's a perfectly decent guy who just wants to save a bit of cash. But rather than trying to justify your feelings on here, why don't you suggest meeting somewhere neutral so that you feel a bit more comfortable and he knows you're not the kind of gal that has sex on a first date. It's fine that you want to get to know him first, but you're just gonna get a whole lot of random replies on here, and then you're not really going to be any further than when you first asked the question. Just do what you feel comfortable with. At the end of the day, it's not going to be fun for either of you if you're sat there wondering if he's going to try it on and you're all anxious and uptight. .
Thank you so much for your advice, you two; you're some of the only people who took me seriously, so thanks for that too. I did what you both advised and was quite honest about it; I said I wasn't sure about going back to his on a first date and suggested the cinema --and he texted back saying that was cool. So I feel like it was the right decision because a) now I know he seems like a nice guy, b) I'm not putting myself in an awkward/dangerous situation with someone I barely know and c) he knows I wouldn't sleep with him anyway. Thank you
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Cultivated)
Yes it does. It's a trap and OP, you'll fall into it. :pinch:
http://instanttrap.com/trap.jpg
oh how i love that picture, its worth the warning for spamming
Barden
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Brouhaha)
A guy has asked me on a date next week, and I was kinda hoping he'd suggest the cinema or a drink, but he's asked me round to his to watch DVDs. While I'd love this with someone I knew well, I barely know this guy at all. So if I go to his for the first date, do you think he'll be expecting sex? Not that I'd necessarily have sex if I didn't want to -- but I discussed this with my best friend and she reckons I'm putting myself in a dangerous situation.
Opinions please?

it probably means he's hoping for a 'kiss and a feel'....but i doubt he's expecting sex....it depends how much u fancy eachotherhow appropriate that is. i.e. if u can both see it in eachothers eyes that u wanna go at it but the only thing stopping you is public decency laws then thats fine...
Emily069
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Errr - no.
simon12345
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lol no.
tigermoth99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not sure whether he is being pervy or a cheapskate, prob the latter. If you feel uncomfortable, let him know and recommend you go to the cinema or somewhere else
El Muffin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wear lots of layers, so if he does try it on he might just get bored taking them off and give up.

I recommend the following:

3 hats
3 compression t shirts
2 jumpers (non fluffy, might be a fetish of his)
2 pairs of jeans
1 pair of other trousers to be worn over jeans
1 skirt
12 pairs of socks (no one likes sex with socks on)
1 pair of verruca socks to go underneath
1 pair of boots, steel capped just in case.

This ought to do it.
emmielociraptor
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd say yes. Well, he'd certainly be expecting SOMETHING.

Or he could just be trying to save money. Suggest you do something that doesn't cost too much, like go out for a couple of drinks or a cheap-ish restaurant. Cinema isn't that expensive either tbf. If he turns down all of that, then yes, he is probably expecting sexytimes.
emmielociraptor
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by El Muffin)
Wear lots of layers, so if he does try it on he might just get bored taking them off and give up.

I recommend the following:

3 hats
3 compression t shirts
2 jumpers (non fluffy, might be a fetish of his)
2 pairs of jeans
1 pair of other trousers to be worn over jeans
1 skirt
12 pairs of socks (no one likes sex with socks on)
1 pair of verruca socks to go underneath
1 pair of boots, steel capped just in case.

This ought to do it.
You forgot the eighteen pairs of Bridget Jones style pants underneath the jeans, and the eleven granny bras.
Anonymous #3
Report 9 years ago
first time i met a girl we spent the whole day watching dvds, it doesnt always mean sex... especially when their parents are in!

lol yeah he probably wants it
*Miss A*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
do you know him well enough to trust him though?? no it doesnt mean sex...it only means sex if you let it...
Satan's Whiskers
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This happened to me. He had rented 'Hostel.'
:lolwut:
Brouhaha
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
first time i met a girl we spent the whole day watching dvds, it doesnt always mean sex... especially when their parents are in!
lol yeah he probably wants it
Yeah but he's 24 with his own flat.

It's OK I've made a decision now, thank you for your opinions everybody.
OrdinaryDay
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rogerio134)
Haha i laughed out loud, so matter of fact "HE WILL rape you"

To be fair at my campus at uni everytime someone says "Shall we watch a dvd tonight?" it means "comes to my flat and we will watch a DVD for 10 mins and put on a fiasco of talking and stuff and then have sexual intercourse"

Might be diffrent for you but to me DVD = Rumpy pumpy.
Oh dear.
x-pixie-lottie-x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by joey11223)
:eek: You only hugged on a second "date"! What about just hugging at college as friends..What about when you invite friends round(opposite sex, if I was bi it would be both..but sadly I aint.) and cuddle them?

I guess people are different.

ANYWAY!

OP what does he look like? It could be innocent or it could be an invitation for sex, if he looks dodgy he probably is, so we need a photo to see if he has that rapist look going for him.

im kinda quiet n shy n so is he... were too alike really for anything to move anywhere i got a bit tipsy n that helped things along but he doesnt even drink so could be a VERY slow moving thing lol

i love hugs but im not a initiator someone else has to initiate the hug or i just feel awkward
i sound really sad now dont i :blush:
i never get hugs
x
olybeast
Report 9 years ago
DVD = hot sex
Rogerio134
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by OrdinaryDay)
Oh dear.
Tounge firmly in cheek my dear

and i dont mean literally here i meant in am etaphorical sense if you thought i was talking about DVD watching activities again :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.81%
No - but I will (111)
7.84%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise