Rose on a first date? yay or nay? Watch

menagerie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
For me personally no. Unless we already knew each other quite well and it was kind of funny. But if I didn't really know them I'd think it was a little too cheesy/creepy.
baboo.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
Don't do it, she will think you are a push over immediately.
Right on the money.

If they've been friends for a long time however, I think it'd be great because it would symbolise his change of feelings/relationship with her by giving her a rose which friends don't do.
Salastico7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No!
Flavity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dontlookhere)
I can sympathise with that, its the sort of society we live in now. Its far too easy to fall into that mentality. Which is exactly why ive opted to stay single.
I hate men with the 'quick shag' mentality. Problem is its so hard to distinguish between them. So yeh, pretty much opted for singledom for now.
Flavity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dimexi)
She is actually a good girl that has fallen to a bad guy before, so it's why I want to show her I aint one of the bad guys and show some softness, you get me? (I am soft anyway, but not a pushover :p: )
Aw bless - I say do it, you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. :yep:

Good luck!
Linweth
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would love it honestly! I don't think it's full on at all, it's romantic.. something that this world is lacking..
baboo.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by menagerie)
For me personally no. Unless we already knew each other quite well and it was kind of funny. But if I didn't really know them I'd think it was a little too cheesy/creepy.
It doesn't have to be funny, though. If it was your birthday and you were going to a fancy restaurant with both of you all dressed up with him suited and booted, it would fit.
dimexi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
Don't do it, she will think you are a push over immediately.
To be honest man, we have spent up to 13 hours chatting on the phone for the past week - so my bet is she has already made up her mind if I'm a push over or not..
baboo.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To be honest man, we have spent up to 13 hours chatting on the phone for the past week - so my bet is she has already made up her mind if I'm a push over or not..
If you saved the roses for occasions like birthdays and anniversaries, it would feel much more special. Giving a rose on the first date might indicate you're willing to give her a lot/too much in future.
Frannnnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
isn't rose is a bit naff and unoriginal?
there are lots of pretty flowers besides the cliche rose.
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, seems like you're trying too hard.
bete noire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Its not that I'm cheap (I am cheap though), its more that its a first ******* date and giving a rose is the easiest way to come across as too eager/a complete ******* sap.

(Original post by makinghistory)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Unless the guy was incredibly good looking, great personality and ridiculously charming with all the talents in the world and wearing a tux, I would think 'Awww bless him, in a little brother sort of way. He obviously hasn't been out with many girls on dates before, sweet but a bit full on and desperate as he barely knows me'.
This girl has it in one
852er
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why not casually bring her to an area -- an area you know will have a flower shop and go: LOOK! I'll get you flowers!!!
romski
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Flavity)
I hate men with the 'quick shag' mentality. Problem is its so hard to distinguish between them. So yeh, pretty much opted for singledom for now.
like women dont have quick shag mentality either !!!
Flavity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by romski)
like women dont have quick shag mentality either !!!
erm.. no not all of us. Not on a first meeting anyway...
2Av
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Was just wondering - is it a good romantic gesture to give a girl a rose on the first date? Or you reckon it's too full on?

Girls - would you love to be given a rose on the first date

Guys - would you give a rose on a first date (come on, don't be cheap).

Replies from females would be appreciated.
No..not on first date. Its a cheesy move especially on first date that indicates your trying too hard and desperate or just abit too nice.
Singh_2
Report 9 years ago
awww how cute.
hermy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Was just wondering - is it a good romantic gesture to give a girl a rose on the first date? Or you reckon it's too full on?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! it is so tacky and cliche! Wait and find out what flower she loves and then bring that on your second date. It has a personal touch.

I hate roses so giving me roses is the worst thing you could do...that's why you should wait and find out what a girl likes =)
herzblut
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would d'aw, but I hate roses. They smell awful to me. Try and find out what her favourite flower is instead.
Mwoah
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

dunno. Maybe if I lived in the Victorian times.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (206)
40.08%
No - but I will (31)
6.03%
No - I don't want to (35)
6.81%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (242)
47.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise