is london safe at night? Watch

This discussion is closed.
FM08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you'll be fine. just be aware there'll be loads of black rids roaming the streets staring at you.
JackDaniels^
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by London271)
There isn't a WC3! :p:
I was being sarcastic, don't even live in London. I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic too, but judging from your long post, I think you weren't
HistoryFred
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
OP im from Mill Hill and its very safe

i know edgware well and ive never had any problems there
Footballfiend08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dynamix)
how is north west london in particular? anyone know?
Its got a dodgy reputation eg Harselden, Stonebridge Park, Willsden, Wembley...Where are you living?
Rooshio
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
avoid dalston like the plague
Lover's Knot
Report 9 years ago
I have walked the streets of London in the early hours alone, talked to strangers, beggars etc, been to brixton at 1am, been to NW at 11pm, lived in East london, where I met some drug dealers, central London is non-corrupt, dont know about west London but London is the safest place to be because of the population density.
Lover's Knot
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Footballfiend08)
Its got a dodgy reputation eg Harselden, Stonebridge Park, Willsden, Wembley...Where are you living?
I disagree with people going on about willesden being a bad place, its inhabited by old age people and some teenagers, I dont think any gangs are active in the area but it gains a bad reputation because of its proximity to other run down areas.
DannyBoy123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Central London you're more or less fine. If you go wandering around Peckham every night you might run into some trouble but as long as you use a bit of common sense (like don't parade around flashing wads of notes or your iphone/blackberry/whatever) then you should be OK. It's a big city with a huge population, of course bad things will happen from time to time - it's up to you to stay vigilant and minimise the risk of putting yourself in danger.
Footballfiend08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lover's Knot)
I disagree with people going on about willesden being a bad place, its inhabited by old age people and some teenagers, I dont think any gangs are active in the area but it gains a bad reputation because of its proximity to other run down areas.
Hmmmmmm I could tell you a story about something that happened in Willsden which involves gangs, guns etc lol. I agree its not the worst place in NW but recently there have been quite a few shootings stabbings there in the past few years.
London271
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lover's Knot)
yeah, I think that Willesden Green area is ok (the area nearby to Cricklewood, Brondesbury) but the Willesden Junction area (nr Halesden) is horrible.
Jack Evans
Report 9 years ago
Apart from the dragons and goblins everywhere in London, Its all ffffiiiiiiiiine
englandforever
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nowhere is safe
Michel Foucault
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've always found Glasgow to be far worse than London for running into trouble - anyone else agree?

Much of the same applies in terms of, the more central you stay, the better off you'll be. But I definitely think the roughest bits of Glasgow (that I've been through anyway - Maryhill and Easterhouse the worst) are rougher than the roughest parts of London.

Having said that, I guess it differs completely from person to person based on individual experiences.
NW92007
Report 8 years ago
Just stay away from Stonebridge Park and Harlesden.
... I don't care how 'vibrant' it is, it's a dump.
joly098
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the best legal stuff .
megashophights.com
the best shop ever.
nj1993
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've been in Brixton from 2am - 5am before, wasn't that bad, got offered drugs a couple of times.
DH-Biker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You always hear stories of places like Peckham and some East-End areas being all rough and full of crime.

Fair enough, you know, there is crime there. Peckham is bad, as said others are. However, its no different from any other city or town.

They all have their rough places and they all have their good places; regardless of size, really.

Night time in Peckham, acting stupid, being loud or just looking like a target, yeah you're asking for something to happen. I choose Peckham as my example here as it is one of the "rougher" places of London, and there is a lot of crime there. It goes for all the rough areas of London and indeed of most towns and cities too, however.

You can avoid becoming part of the statistic if you avoid the areas you think may be unsafe. Walking into a dark tunnel with a crowd of hooded teenagers creating a line between you and the exit; well, then that would be an example of a bad place to go. Whilst you'll rarely experience something that bad, you get my point. Don't go to areas within the rough parts that look "dodgy", basically.

In fact, you can sum this up with: "Don't act a fool, avoid the more dangerous areas unless necessary and don't needlessly expose yourself to the chance". :cool:
juanmodesto
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by London271)
However, there are some horrible places, particulary the eastern part of North London e.g. Tottenham South (N15), Tottenham Hale (N17), Wood Green (N22), Lower & Upper Edmonton (N18 & N9), Stoke Newington (N16). Horrible areas, gangs with knifes, drugs, poverty. !
My ex-GF used to live in Green Lanes. I used to get the bus from Wood Green tube to her place near the North Circular - never any trouble at all. And never any bother in the pubs and clubs round there either. And unless you want to get involved in a Kurds v Turks smackdown, then the knife gangs aren't much of an issue either.
The Owl of Minerva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Walking along embankment at night, alone. Dangerous or not?
Mally1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The Owl of Minerva)
Walking along embankment at night, alone. Dangerous or not?
Thats more than fine! Its a really nice walk, especially if you walk along waterloo bridge. Ah Central london I miss you!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.98%
No - but I will (45)
6.75%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (313)
46.93%

Watched Threads