ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    *prays for Obama*

and I went to the same college as you.
    :shock: Harrow? When were you there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    :shock: Harrow? When were you there?
    same time as you, I was in the Harrow on the Hill Campus, took politics, English lang/lit and sociology.

ReputationRep:
    ROFL. Seriously...I literally cannot believe anyone truly thinks Britain is the worst place to live in Europe. It's just absurd. Unbelievable how ignorant some people are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheepmaster317)
    Fair enough, can I ask where you're living now?

Often you hear people moaning about how bad this country is, but it's only when they leave that they realise it's not that bad. I've often thought about moving abroad once my education is all done with, but I came to the realisation that the UK is quite nice really
    I have lived in several countries over the past x years. These include the Greece, Spain, France and Belgium. Greece would be top of the list; I had a 4 year stint in Athens (Politia District), all places rank significantly higher than Uk (IMO) with regards to life in General.
    I will grant you that I am rather Fondof the UK education system at both undergraduate and post graduate level........ needless to say, this caveat is somewhat dependant upon the inistituion offering said degree.

ReputationRep:
    same time as you, I was in the Harrow on the Hill Campus, took politics, English lang/lit and sociology.
    SAY WHUUUUUUUT!!!??? :eek3:

If you went to Harrow Weald we probably would have been best mates, I done all those subjects! Also did Media Studies. Who did you have for politics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    SAY WHUUUUUUUT!!!??? :eek3:

If you went to Harrow Weald we probably would have been best mates, I done all those subjects! Also did Media Studies. Who did you have for politics?
    lol I had Sahr

ReputationRep:
    People who believe their 'standard of living' can be categorised, quantified and compared with other arbitrarily defined pieces of land on a spreadsheet deserve to emigrate to **** places. Personally I'd sent them all to Australia: the ****-wits seem to love the place for some reason.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-packets.html

I totally agree, ever since 2001, this country for some reason went to ****. Even celebrations like Christmas don't feel as they used to. Everyone is so hostile and bitter towards everyone else in the street
    Even nostalgia isn't as good as it used to be! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Relax people! The foreigners will say they hate Britain ,and obviously the Brits would say the love it...its obvious coz everyone is used to where they've been born and are teached to love their own country. Personally i dont like UK at all, i dont mean to be rude or insult someone its just a personal oppinion. Everything looks the same especially the houses i cant see the point why they keep the old architecture if its sooo civilisised country, the people are rude especially the english ones, the education is crap, now you will think then why so many foreigners come to study in uk if the education is crap. I'l tell you y coz if you get English diploma then you have a right to work wherever you want whilst in other countries you need to take an extra exam or something to show that you know the stuff before they employ you. I prefer the live in Western Europe as some people on here already said... the atmosphere..the environment...the people...everything is different and even though the economic conditions are still not great **** them people dont care as long as they enjoy the live in their own country.At least there you can really go out and have fun...about the crime i dont agreed that is too high. It really doesnt matter what the newspapers are saying..every country has a crime, thats what the police is for...but anyway take care people and again i apologize if i insulted anyone with my comment

ReputationRep:
    The general standards of the nation are poor, but I hesitate to compare ourselves to other countries. Why? Simply because I believe we're not living up to our own standards more than anyone else's.

About ******* time we stopped looking lovingly toward the French and Germans and got over our diseased modesty complex. We could do very great things in this land if we grew some balls and started working together instead of against one another.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Hubert Poo]
    About ******* time we stopped looking lovingly toward the French and Germans and got over our diseased modesty complex. [QUOTE]

I really think that only applies to England. I'm not being Anti-English or anything, but I do think there is a different mindset in Scotland and N.Ireland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcampb)
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    About ******* time we stopped looking lovingly toward the French and Germans and got over our diseased modesty complex.
    I really think that only applies to England. I'm not being Anti-English or anything, but I do think there is a different mindset in Scotland and N.Ireland
    I wouldn't disagree tbh. You're not afraid of your flag and I hold such passion for it in great admiration.

The English have spent the past sixty years politically self flagellating for one reason or another and it has become, quite naturally, excruciatingly embarrassing.

We have not only lost an empire. We have emasculated ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigoblue)
    the quality of life is so low in london now

if rich people pulled out now and dispersed evenly around the country, london would actually be unlivable

luckily rich people do want to live in london
    Not really luck is it? It is the economic centre of the country. Because of this and other reasons it has the most and some of the best jobs in the country. It can also be argued it is thee cultural centre but won't get into that! The point is, to imply that rich people living in london is "luck" is pretty silly.

To the OP, if you don't like Britain then piss off to america then. With someone of your enthusiasm and high levels of analytical skills I'm sure they can't wait to give you a visa.

Ok, there are ways britain can change for the better. But overall: free national health care; good education standards; diverse cultural and recreational opportunites; distinctive sense of humour, linking with this strong creative opportunities; a fair justice system; and so on. And you think thats crap? Get some perspective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasicMinds)
    Not really luck is it? It is the economic centre of the country. Because of this and other reasons it has the most and some of the best jobs in the country. It can also be argued it is thee cultural centre but won't get into that! The point is, to imply that rich people living in london is "luck" is pretty silly.

To the OP, if you don't like Britain then piss off to america then. With someone of your enthusiasm and high levels of analytical skills I'm sure they can't wait to give you a visa.

Ok, there are ways britain can change for the better. But overall: free national health care; good education standards; diverse cultural and recreational opportunites; distinctive sense of humour, linking with this strong creative opportunities; a fair justice system; and so on. And you think thats crap? Get some perspective.
    It's a load of ****. Everything about it is a load of ****.

ReputationRep:
    It really isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Croat19)
    your money goes a lot further there, than in England. Also it is an extemely widespread country, for example miles of sweeping fields and forests, not just a concrete jungle.
    You're deluded if you think Britain is just a 'concrete jungle'! What about the Lake District, the Yorkshire Moors and Dales, the Peak District, Dartmoor and Exmoor, the New Forest and the Forest of Dean, the Cotswolds, the Norfolk Broads, Snowdonia, the Brecon Beacons, the Gower Peninsula, the Cairngorms, and all the other national parks and areas of outstanding natural beauty? Plus, what about all the historical towns/cities with beautiful architecture, such as York, Bath, Canterbury, Winchester, Durham, Oxford, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Shrewsbury, etc. etc. etc.?
    You're just thinking of places like Luton, Wallsall, Hull and Stockport, and forgetting that Britain does actually have a lot of beautiful places too, both natural and manmade.

ReputationRep:
    It might not be the best and I agree that it is no way up there with the likes of Norway, but it certainly is not the worst.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could just move to the US, everyone is just so much happier there, even though they look soooooo much older than British people for some reason.
    My word.

Have you been to america?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.