Only £12 a week to live off. Watch

Grant2007
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ask/ grovel to your parents for a higher allowance?
Use the overdraft as it is free and get a summer job( hopefully) to pay it back and repeat the cycle next year!!
BOBO777
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tesco Value
Chess Doctor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by psychocustard)
You get different amounts each term. It's not as if I've just blown £3k in one go. Most of the money's gone on my rent, which leaves me about £120 spare, although I did buy a few things at the start of term - about £100? - on stuff I needed for my room, joining two societies, and actually doing things in freshers', as well as buying some train tickets, as my mum's in Australia at the moment with family, and can't pay for them herself atm, although I'll get that money back soon.
Ah, I see. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
stainedglass
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Selling things on ebay always makes me a bit of extra money.

I can't imagine living off £12 a week at uni - my budget in my first year without a job was £26 and that was with my parents buying my food. Buy the value range at shops and it's cheaper to go at night because they reduce a lot of their fresh food and things they need to get rid of. You could always cook a large batch of spaghetti bolognaise or something similar and freeze it into individual portions for later on.

Just keep applying for any jobs you find - one will come along eventually. You can always ask at your student union if there's anything going in the bars/shop/library.
Niaya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
try enterprise house (tlc) near the train station or affininion ( where i work in hilsea) need evening staff usually 4-8 with alt sats let me knwo if your interested and i'll send you some details
.:Gamble:.
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Niaya)
try enterprise house (tlc) near the train station or affininion ( where i work in hilsea) need evening staff usually 4-8 with alt sats let me knwo if your interested and i'll send you some details
could you send me the details pls.

i go to pompy aswell..
chillern
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
nvm
romeosbitch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've lived off £5 a week before now.

I really don't understand why you won't use your overdraft? The most important thing you need is food and seeing as you have that bought for you then if you won't use money that is there for these kind of situations then maybe you don't need to be making this thread. You either are poor and use whatever resources available or you don't need the money that much.

I'm sounding far more harsh than I mean to be, sorry! But having been there myself you have to take what you get. In my first year I used to steal toilet roll from several places plus take excess food from my job home I was that skint. Plus you WILL eventually get a job (again been in that situation, being a night cleaner is better than no job at all) so you won't be in debt forever and interest free debt is the best debt to have.
Hello_Kitty
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Job, overdraft, borrow money from familly?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever experienced bullying?

Yes (324)
77.7%
No (93)
22.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise