Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

The Field Hockey Society Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just thoughtI'd highlight this article regarding international hockey with team GB and the Home Nations, although it talks about football it compares the two and most is about hockey.

Here

ReputationRep:
    Hockey Tour Was Incredible

ReputationRep:
    So glad that there is a thread for this!

I am gutted that Hockey season is over now, I only have a small summer league to look forward to and then I won't be able to play for my team very much next year. At least they might be playing without a goalkeeper with all 11 on field.... so my memory will live on!

Also had our AGM this week, and not wanting to boast but I did get a leetle trophy for most improved player!!!

Bring on the hockey love!

ReputationRep:
    elected captain for my team next year.
    Happy happy happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atherilia)
    Happy happy happy
    Awesome!

Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Happy happy happy
    Congratumalations! I ran for my uni's mens team captain but lost

Ah well, always next year!

Summer league is here, I can't wait to plan in it Might be going in goal for a lot of the games though

ReputationRep:
    I've played 2 summer games so far, and lost both. The first game I was awful, played in centre half, for the first time in my life, my god its confusing for someone who is normally out wide. Thinking 4 ways is hard. Second game I played in a more normal position for me of right back, was pretty solid, I think I had the best game out of all the defenders. Lost 9-1 though against my old club, many of the players were my friends as well. =[

Despite what I thought was a good game, I've been dropped for tonight's game. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to redeem myself soon enough though. =@

ReputationRep:
    Not found any summer league which is a bummer. and there are all in full swing now and don't have spaces.
    Not going to be in the greatest shape for next season at this rate!

ReputationRep:
    Who is playing summer league, or doing any training camps over the summer?

ReputationRep:
    Not me

ReputationRep:
    o i play hockey....for both my school and the local club!! love love love it!! anyone know anything about hockey at ucL???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skennedy730)
    o i play hockey....for both my school and the local club!! love love love it!! anyone know anything about hockey at ucL???
    I don't know about it personally but a quick look and I found they do at least have teams

http://www.uclunion.org/clubs-societies/a-z.php

Just go down to H and go on the type you want.

ReputationRep:
    4 days until the womans championship trophey and mens 4 nations can not wait :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I am back from the Championship Trophy.
    England came 3rd Highest they have ever been and the Argentinians won for the 3rd year running! :awesome:
    I have never seen anyone play like Luciana Aymar! I can see why people say she is the greatest hockey player to have ever lived!
    Really want to go to Rosario for he woman's world cup, shame I do not have £2500 to spare :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Ah I read earlier on that England came third.

What was the tournament like in all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Ah I read earlier on that England came third.

What was the tournament like in all?
    unbelievable. It was so good.
    It is making me want to spend 2 and a half grand on going to argentina to see Aymar play.
    http://www.laola1.tv/
    you can watch some of the matches here, both the argentina vs Netherlands are amazing
    Aymar :coma:
    she's the Argentinian number 8 and captain does not move much but is sooooo good :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    unbelievable. It was so good.
    It is making me want to spend 2 and a half grand on going to argentina to see Aymar play.
    http://www.laola1.tv/
    you can watch some of the matches here, both the argentina vs Netherlands are amazing
    Aymar :coma:
    she's the Argentinian number 8 and captain does not move much but is sooooo good :awesome:
    Rther annoying as I'm off on holiday today without internet access soon.

OOooo I might actually research Aymar as I only actually know of a few hockey players

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Rther annoying as I'm off on holiday today without internet access soon.

OOooo I might actually research Aymar as I only actually know of a few hockey players
    Luciana Aymar :coma:
    The rest of the ARgentina team is worth looking at as well, amazing
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to Purley Tournament, 13th-15th?

ReputationRep:
    Luciana Aymar :coma:
    The rest of the ARgentina team is worth looking at as well, amazing
    :awesome:

They're not bad at hockey either :sexface:

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.