Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester derby: Huge in the UK or just Manchester alone watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Thanks, I've got better stuff to do though than watch youtube supporters. Sooo passionate they felt the need to capture their passion on video camera. In times like that, you often don't give a crap about your phone.
    Okay cool, ignore the one bloke with a camera, and watch the other 30,000 people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    Okay cool, ignore the one bloke with a camera, and watch the other 30,000 people.
    You can't actually watch the other 30,000 people because the persons camera isn't good enough, just the couple of thousand around him - amazing!! I've been to your ground enough times to know it's usually just 5 people to the left of us signing, with the seldum "forever blowin bubbles" song from the rest of the stadium.

ReputationRep:
    well given the err.. widespread nature of a certain football fan i'd say its pretty nationwide :teehee:

i think its always worth a watch, it always seems to be a good game and they shd get better what with city's stacks of cash

ReputationRep:
    I've been to your ground enough times to know it's usually just 5 people to the left of us signing, with the seldum "forever blowin bubbles" song from the rest of the stadium.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV8xS7Ay-Ys
    :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV8xS7Ay-Ys
    :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:
    Filmed from the family stand, cool, I wouldn't expect them to start something back. Anyway, I know the atmosphere's usually quite bad at the Bridge - fact of the matter is that it's usually bad at Upton Park too.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty massive down here in London! I would have thought most places though.

ReputationRep:
    Filmed from the family stand, cool, I wouldn't expect them to start something back. Anyway, I know the atmosphere's usually quite bad at the Bridge - fact of the matter is that it's usually bad at Upton Park too.
    Fact of the matter is that anyone trying to score points on home atmosphere is going to lose.

Home fans get out sung by away fans every game. Mainly because it's 5000 like minded people, in one area. Whilst in the home end you have 10000 like minded people spread over the whole stadium.

I'd say all home 'atmosphere' is *****, with the exception of stoke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    Fact of the matter is that anyone trying to score points on home atmosphere is going to lose.

Home fans get out sung by away fans every game. Mainly because it's 5000 like minded people, in one area. Whilst in the home end you have 10000 like minded people spread over the whole stadium.

I'd say all home 'atmosphere' is *****, with the exception of stoke.
    Well you've said it at its most extreme - and since when did teams get 5,000 away tickets in the Premier League?

IMO away fans out sing home fans ocasionally, not every single time though.

ReputationRep:
    Well you've said it at its most extreme - and since when did teams get 5,000 away tickets in the Premier League?
    Blackburn give nearly 7,000.

ReputationRep:
    I think people are interested throughout the UK just perhaps not the same degree as those involved in the life of the city... ?? And let's face it, a heck of Man Utd fans don't live in Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    IMO, Barca v Madrid is bigger than the Milan derby. But Inter V AC is a close second.
    I agree it's bigger, probably the biggest match in the world, but it's not a derby.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it is, interest surrounding the Manchester Derby is about as widespread as United's fanbase around the country.

Joking apart, it is certainly one of the biggest derbies in the country. Especially now we're, how should I put this... Not ****? I can't speak for other supporters in the league being a City fan but I do feel it is a pretty big match. Liverpool v Rags can't be called a 'derby' not being in the same city, it's just a rivalry.

Incidentally I was in the away end at Old Trafford on Wednesday night. Yes at the final whistle I was gutted but that quickly changed to pity as I saw 40 year old men with Norwich scarves dancing along to that absolutely laughable Un*ted road song they play, and a specially made Que Sera Sera: Gloating remix. They call us a bitter club with a small mentality? Heh.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.