Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    nah i did cognitive-deveopmental theories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James115)
    So many people I know wrote about social approaches to gender development instead of psychological approaches. Anyone else do this?

Well I did add in the biosocial approach but mainly discussed the psychology explanations i.e. Kohlberg and the gender scheme theory and then the biology explanation, which was pretty vague.

ReputationRep:
    did anyone do perception?
    what did you all think of the nature-nurture debate in perception development question?
    i thought it was alright

one thing, what happens if names a research that was relevant to the question the name of the researcher was not that one they won't penalise me if i only did it once right?

ReputationRep:
    I though the exam was alright it could have been better.......i did relationships, gender and eating.......for the gender section i wrote about the biosocial approach for the first part and gender constancy theory for the second part.......but a lot of people have been saying biosocial is not a psychological approach?? :

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdin1)
    I though the exam was alright it could have been better.......i did relationships, gender and eating.......for the gender section i wrote about the biosocial approach for the first part and gender constancy theory for the second part.......but a lot of people have been saying biosocial is not a psychological approach?? :

Gender constancy is a psychological approach, biosocial is erm, i can't remember, but it's fine you mentioned it but how comes you mentioned it in the first part when it asked for psychological approaches i.e. constancy/schemas and biological explanations?

Biosocial is a combination of both biological and social, i think, but emphasis on social consequences on gender development, so yeah....

ReputationRep:
    Gender constancy is a psychological approach, biosocial is erm, i can't remember, but it's fine you mentioned it but how comes you mentioned it in the first part when it asked for psychological approaches i.e. constancy/schemas and biological explanations?

Biosocial is a combination of both biological and social, i think, but emphasis on social consequences on gender development, so yeah....
    yeah my mistake.....i think i just got confused.....i think i didnt read the question properly!

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how this went.....

i did gender eating behaviour and relationships. :/

gender i thought was so large - jst spke about kohlberg gender constancy theory and schema. then for biological genes etc. tried to do as much synopticity as possible just dont know if i had enough ao2

relationships i wasnt happy with question i just forgot the names of the studies.......so just spoke about them. managed to put loads of syno in but not enough ao2 yet again

and then eating i think i did ok but i just had so much to write so hoping the essay didnt look muddled. im quite looking forward to seeing what i get on this .... and i want to get my paper back so i can see where i went wrong. definitely going to keep going over on revision for this paper though as i am more than likely retaking it in june. xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozza11)
    I dont know how this went.....

i did gender eating behaviour and relationships. :/

gender i thought was so large - jst spke about kohlberg gender constancy theory and schema. then for biological genes etc. tried to do as much synopticity as possible just dont know if i had enough ao2

relationships i wasnt happy with question i just forgot the names of the studies.......so just spoke about them. managed to put loads of syno in but not enough ao2 yet again

and then eating i think i did ok but i just had so much to write so hoping the essay didnt look muddled. im quite looking forward to seeing what i get on this .... and i want to get my paper back so i can see where i went wrong. definitely going to keep going over on revision for this paper though as i am more than likely retaking it in june. xxx

What do you mean synoptic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)

You could of also spoke about Social contexts i.e. Behavioural (slt and Operant conditioning).

ReputationRep:
    I thought SLT and operant conditioning came under social approaches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orihime)
    You could of also spoke about Social contexts i.e. Behavioural (slt and Operant conditioning).

Yes, but it asked for psychological and biological theories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Yes, but it asked for psychological and biological theories.

I am well aware of that, malsy, but what I wanted to emphasize is that the Social context bit in the Nelson Thornes book is also a psychological explanation (see, I can also make words bold) .

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, bizarre.
    OK then. ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozza11)
    BROADWAY RACHAEL can u mail me that table please - [Mod edit: Please don't post email addresses on the forum]
    Sorry, it wasn't me who had it I was hoping to be sent it! Anyway, found the exam ok, not too much of a problem..
    Gender was FANTASTIC! I had so much to write and so much evaluation Really confident there..
    Sleep was odd.. the 4 marker really threw me off, but I liked the other questions
    Relationships was horrible. Just horrible.
    So no guesses how i've done!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.