The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
christianne01
Anything's possible - don't put yourself down and you never know could get full marks again in the exam :smile:
Re-sit was pants, i answered the wrong question for like the essay bit in section b, so it was really a waste of time :frown: but never mind!
I find A+P really hard, thats what i have to do most revision on, good work though :smile:
should i do accommodation at brunel then?! :O i'm confused!
yeaah all you can do is wait and see now - i really believe that if something's meant to be then it'll happen...that's still a good mark on your practical though :yes: i can't remember what i got - think it was in the 90s due to the theory part bumping my grade up cus i am nerdy like that lol!
But yeahh, i best do some more revision *sigh* no rest for the wicked hey!

yer you can put a preference for brunel :smile: i have :smile: put ensuite :smile: you can't put specific place just a type. I think all the sections this year are harder :frown: o well i'm revving! have my first one of two exams next monday so revising for that at the moment then a week of solid PE revision afterwards :s-smilie: :/ fingers crossed for both of us! :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 81
binkibonko
yer you can put a preference for brunel :smile: i have :smile: put ensuite :smile: you can't put specific place just a type. I think all the sections this year are harder :frown: o well i'm revving! have my first one of two exams next monday so revising for that at the moment then a week of solid PE revision afterwards :s-smilie: :/ fingers crossed for both of us! :smile:

I don't want to go to Brunel if i don't get into Exeter, so I'm not gonna bother doing any preferences for accommodation.
What exam is it on Monday? I've got English Lit and History on the Tues and Weds of next week :confused: So am doing revision for that mainly, but still trying to do my others as well...
Really having to work at Geography cause it is horrible and i don't like it anymore :frown:
Think i'm gonna do loads of past papers for PE next week as my revision..well i think that's my plan lol..:smile:
Let me know how you get on!
Reply 82
christianne01
I don't want to go to Brunel if i don't get into Exeter, so I'm not gonna bother doing any preferences for accommodation.
What exam is it on Monday? I've got English Lit and History on the Tues and Weds of next week :confused: So am doing revision for that mainly, but still trying to do my others as well...
Really having to work at Geography cause it is horrible and i don't like it anymore :frown:
Think i'm gonna do loads of past papers for PE next week as my revision..well i think that's my plan lol..:smile:
Let me know how you get on!

You don't want to go to Brunel now then? how comes?

Good luck with your eng and history!

Yer I'm going to do past papers for PE next week too or whatever but i'm pooing my pants for it! don't think i'll be getting an A in it! but fingers crossed A overall still :s-smilie:

I have computing on monday which i'm sort of looking forward to now! I've nearly completed every past paper question ever asked haha! and i can remember the mark scheme's well :O They repeat the same question every coupla years in computing so fingers crossed it'll go well.
Reply 83
binkibonko
You don't want to go to Brunel now then? how comes?

Good luck with your eng and history!

Yer I'm going to do past papers for PE next week too or whatever but i'm pooing my pants for it! don't think i'll be getting an A in it! but fingers crossed A overall still :s-smilie:

I have computing on monday which i'm sort of looking forward to now! I've nearly completed every past paper question ever asked haha! and i can remember the mark scheme's well :O They repeat the same question every coupla years in computing so fingers crossed it'll go well.

I don't know why now, just changed my mind, don't think I want to go to a London uni and I can't see myself being there tbh :s-smilie:
Ahh thankyou, I feel the most prepared for History than any others soo am concentrating most on English this weekend, but still going over History now and again.
I'm dreading the PE exam too, just because I'm like expected to do really well and I'm finding myself struggling to remember like the A+P stuff atm, which I find quite hard anyway :frown: Still all I can do is revise hard and just practise exam questions really..
Ahh sounds like you're well prepared for your computing exam :smile: best of luck for that - let me know how you get on!
Reply 84
christianne01
I don't know why now, just changed my mind, don't think I want to go to a London uni and I can't see myself being there tbh :s-smilie:
Ahh thankyou, I feel the most prepared for History than any others soo am concentrating most on English this weekend, but still going over History now and again.
I'm dreading the PE exam too, just because I'm like expected to do really well and I'm finding myself struggling to remember like the A+P stuff atm, which I find quite hard anyway :frown: Still all I can do is revise hard and just practise exam questions really..
Ahh sounds like you're well prepared for your computing exam :smile: best of luck for that - let me know how you get on!

How was the Eng Lit and History today? Hope they went well for you!

My computing exam went really well yesterday think i've probs nailed on my B for that knew most answers apart from a few! :biggrin: really happy about that. Now i need to crack on with PE rev ready for next wedsnesday! but i don't know how i should revise for it! Last year i like rewrote my revision guide by never got to the end so i think i may just do past papers even if they are old spec! :smile:
Reply 85
binkibonko
How was the Eng Lit and History today? Hope they went well for you!

My computing exam went really well yesterday think i've probs nailed on my B for that knew most answers apart from a few! :biggrin: really happy about that. Now i need to crack on with PE rev ready for next wedsnesday! but i don't know how i should revise for it! Last year i like rewrote my revision guide by never got to the end so i think i may just do past papers even if they are old spec! :smile:

Ahh well done you! :biggrin: My exams went surprisingly alright, I had quite nice questions on both and had a lot to write for each so fingers crossed! :smile: Got my Geography on Monday though - BOOO! :frown:
I find doing past papers really helps, and I answer the ones I know I can do and get full marks on, then use books on ones I can't and then mark it with the mark scheme. Seems to work for me :smile:
Reply 86
Thanks for my well done! Well done on yours too! All looks goodish at the moment for us! How was geog today?

I've resorted to past papers now! But have you found that in social some of the stuff is AS stuff (wrong spec) like asking us about military drill again :s-smilie:

Anyway one more hardcore day of revision then exam! then freedom for the summer! Going to the pub after exam on weds and England game on! Guna drink away my worries! haha

Also on Thursday I've won tickets to see example again in london! got entered into a draw for exclusive gig tickets when pre ordering his album and I won!!!! :biggrin: and i'm getting iphone 4 on thrusday! Everything brightens up after 11.15 on wednesday :biggrin:
Reply 87
binkibonko
Thanks for my well done! Well done on yours too! All looks goodish at the moment for us! How was geog today?

I've resorted to past papers now! But have you found that in social some of the stuff is AS stuff (wrong spec) like asking us about military drill again :s-smilie:

Anyway one more hardcore day of revision then exam! then freedom for the summer! Going to the pub after exam on weds and England game on! Guna drink away my worries! haha

Also on Thursday I've won tickets to see example again in london! got entered into a draw for exclusive gig tickets when pre ordering his album and I won!!!! :biggrin: and i'm getting iphone 4 on thrusday! Everything brightens up after 11.15 on wednesday :biggrin:

You're welcome and thankyou :smile: Actually Geography wasn't too bad really, wasn't nice but wasn't completely awful, just a bit tight for time soo fingers crossed that I've done ok!
I'm trying to do finish all the past papers, and yeah I did find that soo I ignored them :P Lol!
Hating the fact that when I try to do epic amounts of revision it is always sunny, and I'd rather be outside chilling that revising! Like it is today :/ Ohh well only more day to go now!! :biggrin:
Ahh that sounds like a plan, I'm gonna be watching the footy but not sure where yet! And lucky you, I'm well jealous you're gonna be seeing Example twice :P
Anyways, best of luck for PE tomorrow and let me know how you get on :smile:
Reply 88
christianne01
You're welcome and thankyou :smile: Actually Geography wasn't too bad really, wasn't nice but wasn't completely awful, just a bit tight for time soo fingers crossed that I've done ok!
I'm trying to do finish all the past papers, and yeah I did find that soo I ignored them :P Lol!
Hating the fact that when I try to do epic amounts of revision it is always sunny, and I'd rather be outside chilling that revising! Like it is today :/ Ohh well only more day to go now!! :biggrin:
Ahh that sounds like a plan, I'm gonna be watching the footy but not sure where yet! And lucky you, I'm well jealous you're gonna be seeing Example twice :P
Anyways, best of luck for PE tomorrow and let me know how you get on :smile:

nice one on the geography!

Yer wish i was outside spent straight six hours in Library today revising PE :O done like 4 past papers :s-smilie: going to look through my notes now and do a couple more past papers before tomorrow! Need to practice stretch n challenge too! I'm s**tting it for this exam! Think i need a B to complete my overall A but sorta worried about social, a little pysch and stretch n challenge EEEKKKK :frown: haha

good luck dude! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow :smile:
Reply 89
binkibonko
nice one on the geography!

Yer wish i was outside spent straight six hours in Library today revising PE :O done like 4 past papers :s-smilie: going to look through my notes now and do a couple more past papers before tomorrow! Need to practice stretch n challenge too! I'm s**tting it for this exam! Think i need a B to complete my overall A but sorta worried about social, a little pysch and stretch n challenge EEEKKKK :frown: haha

good luck dude! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow :smile:

Soo how did it go for you? Just checking you were on AQA yuss?
I thought section A was ok and so was section B but section C was a little bit more difficult but maybe that's cus I don't like it as much :P
All in all can't complain really, hope we've both done ok, soo fingers crossed!!

Just gonna watch the England game now and chill out big style
COME ON ENGLAAAAAND :biggrin:
Reply 90
christianne01
Soo how did it go for you? Just checking you were on AQA yuss?
I thought section A was ok and so was section B but section C was a little bit more difficult but maybe that's cus I don't like it as much :P
All in all can't complain really, hope we've both done ok, soo fingers crossed!!

Just gonna watch the England game now and chill out big style
COME ON ENGLAAAAAND :biggrin:

Yer AQA!

OMG was awesome! soooooo happy exam was so much easier than i thought it would be. same goes, reckon it got harder as went through haha as im best at A+P, then psych n not so good at social! Got lots of point for stretch n challenge on psych and social although not sure if enough. Totally nailed the energy system stretch and challenge question at beginning! wrote 3 n half pages, thought id messed up my timing but was okay in the end! :smile:

And even better went to pub to watch England and we done it! Still didnt think it was amazing though haha!

We have freeeeeddddoooooommmmmm now! yay! :woo:

Just gotta wait till dreaded 19th August to see if exeter let me in on lower grades :s-smilie: fingers crossed i get ABB and that ABB is okay for exeter! :s-smilie:
Reply 91
binkibonko
Yer AQA!

OMG was awesome! soooooo happy exam was so much easier than i thought it would be. same goes, reckon it got harder as went through haha as im best at A+P, then psych n not so good at social! Got lots of point for stretch n challenge on psych and social although not sure if enough. Totally nailed the energy system stretch and challenge question at beginning! wrote 3 n half pages, thought id messed up my timing but was okay in the end! :smile:

And even better went to pub to watch England and we done it! Still didnt think it was amazing though haha!

We have freeeeeddddoooooommmmmm now! yay! :woo:

Just gotta wait till dreaded 19th August to see if exeter let me in on lower grades :s-smilie: fingers crossed i get ABB and that ABB is okay for exeter! :s-smilie:

3 and a half pages! You're crazy!! :P I definitely did not write that much for it lol! Well i hope the exam went well for both of us :smile:
OMG i know thatnk god we won, will be cheering us on on Sunday, gonna be a tough game i think, gonna really have to pull our socks up this time!
I didn't know what to do with myself yesterday, it's odd not having to study all the time, soo i had a complete tidy up instead lol..
Well i hope you get the grades you need, and i hope we see each other at Exeter in September :biggrin:
Reply 92
christianne01
3 and a half pages! You're crazy!! :P I definitely did not write that much for it lol! Well i hope the exam went well for both of us :smile:
OMG i know thatnk god we won, will be cheering us on on Sunday, gonna be a tough game i think, gonna really have to pull our socks up this time!
I didn't know what to do with myself yesterday, it's odd not having to study all the time, soo i had a complete tidy up instead lol..
Well i hope you get the grades you need, and i hope we see each other at Exeter in September :biggrin:

Fingers crossed it all went well for both of us and we both get the grades that exeter want! Never know hey!

Well after Wednesdays performance i definately can't see us winning the world cup! But we will definitely have to be better on Sunday to beat Germany; they looked pretty good!

Don't wana wait till august now! Just wana know! :s-smilie: o well freed feels so good!
Went to London yesterday! Saw example again was so good! There was no barrier or bouncers in front of stage! People were sitting on the stage before he came on! We were so close was awesome! He's at Exeter lemongrove in October, which would be just after we start! Hope I get I'm then can go see him there!

Don't what to do with all my free time! Probably jump on my bike a bit more! I need it spent to much time sitting in a chair studying!
Reply 93
binkibonko
Fingers crossed it all went well for both of us and we both get the grades that exeter want! Never know hey!

Well after Wednesdays performance i definitely can't see us winning the world cup! But we will definitely have to be better on Sunday to beat Germany; they looked pretty good!

Don't wana wait till august now! Just wana know! :s-smilie: o well freed feels so good!
Went to London yesterday! Saw example again was so good! There was no barrier or bouncers in front of stage! People were sitting on the stage before he came on! We were so close was awesome! He's at Exeter lemongrove in October, which would be just after we start! Hope I get I'm then can go see him there!

Don't what to do with all my free time! Probably jump on my bike a bit more! I need it spent to much time sitting in a chair studying!

Well how crap did we play today, it's a feckin joke!!! Can't believe it really :/

Ohh my god, if we both go to Exeter, we are both going to see Example :biggrin: DEAL?!? Lol!

Yeaah you know bout doing more than sitting and revising, I've done soo much haven't even laid in yet...been soo busy but loved it cus it feels like I've got my life back :smile:
I'm going on hols in 4 days too soo I'm excited about that :biggrin: You off anywhere nice?
Reply 94
christianne01
Well how crap did we play today, it's a feckin joke!!! Can't believe it really :/

Ohh my god, if we both go to Exeter, we are both going to see Example :biggrin: DEAL?!? Lol!

Yeaah you know bout doing more than sitting and revising, I've done soo much haven't even laid in yet...been soo busy but loved it cus it feels like I've got my life back :smile:
I'm going on hols in 4 days too soo I'm excited about that :biggrin: You off anywhere nice?

Definately got a deal there! haha would be awesome.

Haha well I queued up on thursday morning to get the new iphone, then went to london that night and stayed in london on friday too! Then Saturday had to go sort O2 out as my new sim card wasnt working :angry: but they're paying my first month of my contract :smile: Had lunch with the fam. Spent the rest of the day sitting about. Yesterday I worked 8-4 watched the second half of the ***** football, then had a BBQ and spent the evening at my girlfriends. Now need to get a haircut today and do more nothing haha!

But on the football front I don't really mind as I'm 1/4 German :biggrin: My mum lived in germany for a while too! so we support both in our household. It's disappointing England aren't through but Germany are easily the better team!

Haven't got too much planned until August! Have our college leavers party on Wednesday which is bound to be very drunken! And thinking of going to Thorpe Park on Friday! And friday night it's one of my friends late BBQ Birthday things so more drink haha!

where are you off to on hols? I might be going to France in August but otherwise non of my holidays are abroad this year :frown:
Reply 95
binkibonko
definitely got a deal there! haha would be awesome.

Haha well I queued up on thursday morning to get the new iphone, then went to london that night and stayed in london on friday too! Then Saturday had to go sort O2 out as my new sim card wasnt working :angry: but they're paying my first month of my contract :smile: Had lunch with the fam. Spent the rest of the day sitting about. Yesterday I worked 8-4 watched the second half of the ***** football, then had a BBQ and spent the evening at my girlfriends. Now need to get a haircut today and do more nothing haha!

But on the football front I don't really mind as I'm 1/4 German :biggrin: My mum lived in germany for a while too! so we support both in our household. It's disappointing England aren't through but Germany are easily the better team!

Haven't got too much planned until August! Have our college leavers party on Wednesday which is bound to be very drunken! And thinking of going to Thorpe Park on Friday! And friday night it's one of my friends late BBQ Birthday things so more drink haha!

where are you off to on hols? I might be going to France in August but otherwise non of my holidays are abroad this year :frown:

WOOO! We haven't got a choice now, we're both going there or else lol!
Sounds like you've been really busy! I love London, but I haven't been for ages, went shopping at Bluewater yesterday with the ladies in my family, and I saw Olly Murs (the x factor runner up) shopping! I was a bit starstruck lol :P
Managed to watch first half of the footy while we had a late lunch, but then was driving home in the car for the second, kept getting text updates from my friends to let me know lol! I'm glad I didn't watch it now haha, but yeaaah Germany did deserve to win, England played shockingly!!!
Ahh sounds like you'll be having lots of drunken fun, I miss my college's leavers party cus I'm away...going to spain with my mum and dad and my best friend for 18days so should be a giggle :smile: I'm soo excited lol :biggrin:
I've not been to France for ages, I went with my school like once before but that was years ago...do you go there often?
Reply 96
christianne01
WOOO! We haven't got a choice now, we're both going there or else lol!
Sounds like you've been really busy! I love London, but I haven't been for ages, went shopping at Bluewater yesterday with the ladies in my family, and I saw Olly Murs (the x factor runner up) shopping! I was a bit starstruck lol :P
Managed to watch first half of the footy while we had a late lunch, but then was driving home in the car for the second, kept getting text updates from my friends to let me know lol! I'm glad I didn't watch it now haha, but yeaaah Germany did deserve to win, England played shockingly!!!
Ahh sounds like you'll be having lots of drunken fun, I miss my college's leavers party cus I'm away...going to spain with my mum and dad and my best friend for 18days so should be a giggle :smile: I'm soo excited lol :biggrin:
I've not been to France for ages, I went with my school like once before but that was years ago...do you go there often?

Haha we're tied up for that one!

Olly Murs! He's from colchester :P

18 days away! :O Jealousy, sounds awesome!

We don't usually go to a particular place on holiday. Have been to france quite a few times now though! Been to germany and austria a few times too! Love going abroad on holiday, its totally different to at home! Do you go to spain often then?
Reply 97
binkibonko
Haha we're tied up for that one!

Olly Murs! He's from colchester :P

18 days away! :O Jealousy, sounds awesome!

We don't usually go to a particular place on holiday. Have been to france quite a few times now though! Been to germany and austria a few times too! Love going abroad on holiday, its totally different to at home! Do you go to spain often then?

Ohh is he?! I didn't know that.

Ahh I'm even more excited about my holiday today :biggrin: :biggrin: Went shopping to get some final bits and pieces today, and saw my friend who I'm going away with soo we were right in the holiday mood!

I've been to Berlin, but never been anywhere in Austria...
Umm I do go to Spain fairly often, we're lucky enough to have a villa out there, so our family holidays are always there and have been for the past 4 years now! Good job I still love it there, it's just so chilled out and relaxing that I never want to come home :smile:
I do wanna see other places though, would love to go travelling to Oz and New Zealand and places like that...but I don't think student loan will stretch that far :P Do you wanna go travelling at all?
Reply 98
christianne01
Ohh is he?! I didn't know that.

Ahh I'm even more excited about my holiday today :biggrin: :biggrin: Went shopping to get some final bits and pieces today, and saw my friend who I'm going away with soo we were right in the holiday mood!

I've been to Berlin, but never been anywhere in Austria...
Umm I do go to Spain fairly often, we're lucky enough to have a villa out there, so our family holidays are always there and have been for the past 4 years now! Good job I still love it there, it's just so chilled out and relaxing that I never want to come home :smile:
I do wanna see other places though, would love to go travelling to Oz and New Zealand and places like that...but I don't think student loan will stretch that far :P Do you wanna go travelling at all?

Hope you had/having fun on holiday!

I've never been to Berlin but would love to go! Germany is awesome! :smile:

I have a friend who's just been on a gap year to New Zealand teaching PE! I defo want to go travelling someday New Zealand or Oz for sure! Have friends who moved to NZ too! We shall see though! After uni maybe. Or maybe even during! i think Exeter had the option to study abroad for a while!

I've been trying to earn lots of money for freshers and uni on the whole....but it's not going to well :frown: haven't had many hours at the good ol co-op :frown: How much do you think you're guna take for freshers? Or like how much are you going to take with you for uni from the summer?
Reply 99
binkibonko
Hope you had/having fun on holiday!

I've never been to Berlin but would love to go! Germany is awesome! :smile:

I have a friend who's just been on a gap year to New Zealand teaching PE! I defo want to go travelling someday New Zealand or Oz for sure! Have friends who moved to NZ too! We shall see though! After uni maybe. Or maybe even during! i think Exeter had the option to study abroad for a while!

I've been trying to earn lots of money for freshers and uni on the whole....but it's not going to well :frown: haven't had many hours at the good ol co-op :frown: How much do you think you're guna take for freshers? Or like how much are you going to take with you for uni from the summer?

Ahh your friend sounds like he has the perfect life :biggrin: And yeah Exeter do offer a year abroad, which sounds soo amazing, if i got offered that or whatever i would soo take it up!!!
Holiday was amazing taar, got back last night soo just had to unpack and that today, then sift through emails and whatnot!
Tbh i haven't really thought about money for freshers week yet, but i was reading on one of the exeter facebook pages that it's a good idea to take lots of alcohol and mixers with you to save on costs and that...they also have a dos/don'ts page which was quite helpful :smile:
I'm soo excited, but just wanna know my results now really...

Latest

Trending

Trending