University of Leeds Sep 2010..anyone? Watch

kyle_y
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by emeleh)
Got a conditional offer not 100% sure I will manage to get the grades though! However I will try as leeds is so appealing
Not sure about accommodation was looking at Montague but haven't really heard anyone mention anything about it so not sure what to think So anyone whos visited or knows anything about there it would be much appreciated!
I visited Montague Burton at the open day last year and really liked it. There's no common room or anything but they do have a barbeque area outside, but I doubt that's ever used. It's about a 5 minute uphill walk from MB to the Parkinson steps and further down the hill by about a minute is Leodis Residences. I think it's also about a ten or 15 minute walk to the city centre.
kellywellydoodle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am going to put Leeds as my firm for joint honours maths and music ...if anyone is doing maths or music or just generally wants a friend...PM me. Yes, I did just ask for friends I'm that sad! :p:
xjasminex
Report 8 years ago
Hi, I've got a conditional offer for Law in September.
I've looked around Newcastle and Leeds and I can't decide between the two. I looked at Richardson Road in Newcastle and eventhough it does look like a bit of a dive there seems to be loads going on. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas about accommodation at Leeds, something thats quite lively but maybe with a bathroom between two? I know it's the people you live with and not always the place but any help would be great.
emeleh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kyle_y)
I visited Montague Burton at the open day last year and really liked it. There's no common room or anything but they do have a barbeque area outside, but I doubt that's ever used. It's about a 5 minute uphill walk from MB to the Parkinson steps and further down the hill by about a minute is Leodis Residences. I think it's also about a ten or 15 minute walk to the city centre.

ah that's great, thanks for the information!
rali_pm1991
Report 8 years ago
[QUOTE=88888888]Yay for communication studies! What are you going to study in that faculty?

Yeah I think C.D. is to be my first choice for accom! Just not entirely sure as to what my second option will be! So many decisions :confused:[/QUO

I 'll also be doing communication studies!!!!I got offers from Leeds and bournemouth-any idea which one to choose for firm choice?
Thanks
rali_pm1991
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kyle_y)
BA Communication Studies Are you going to one of the visit days any time soon?

I'll also be doing communication studies!!!!Although I don't know whether to choose Leeds or Bournemouth for firm choice?any ideas?
Thanks
kyle_y
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rali_pm1991)
I'll also be doing communication studies!!!!Although I don't know whether to choose Leeds or Bournemouth for firm choice?any ideas?
Thanks
As good as Bournemouth is for media, I'd go for Leeds without a doubt to be honest! As well as the course it's a great city and a great university
rali_pm1991
Report 8 years ago
Thank you so so much!!!!I've been torn for the last couple of days not knowing what to do but I hope I'll take the right decision in the end-leeds firm choice,bournemouth insurance!
kellywellydoodle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For everyone who has firmed Leeds and is interested in meeting people before they go I have set up a facebook group "University of Leeds is my firm choice 2010" and choose the group that has more than one person in it because I somehow made 2 groups without meaning to and I don't know how to delete it!

I seem to be getting more people but it would be nice to get more!
Report 8 years ago
What are the chances of getting your first choice when it comes to accomidation, applied to boddington as its the biggest and is meant 2 be the livliest
Ludwig Wittgenstein
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 666666)
What are the chances of getting your first choice when it comes to accomidation, applied to boddington as its the biggest and is meant 2 be the livliest
If you applied for bod you will probably get it, it's not like they don't have the room.
The more popular accomodation tends to be closer to campus.
hattilongsoks
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
bit of a random question here but does anybody know if leeds has a chinatown? or something similar?
Flipsta
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by outlaw-torn)
I've put Leeds as my firm for History! Is anyone else firming for History?
Just need to decide which accomodation now.. any suggestions? Self-catering.

EDIT: I'm from Bolton
Hi, yeah i'm planning to do History & Sociology Joint Hons myself. I've been thinking of applying to concept place. Gna do so by the end of this week hopefullly!
AdAm686
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nicole-Taliyah)
Hey, am new to TSR.
I wanted to know if anyone is DEFINITELY(or is your first choice) going to Leeds uni sep 2010 and what campus are you planning to live on(am considering James Baillie or Devonshire :confused:)..and where are you coming from? e.g. Liverpool, Coventry etc... Am coming from London
hiya. i just firmed leeds last night for BA geography, im from northern ireland and thinking about the same halls you seem to be! I was over yesterday in leeds looking around the place and both of them look nice, devonshire is top of my list atm though!
hattilongsoks
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just firmed Leeds for History of Art

Thinking of living in Lupton as its one of the cheapest but still has a lot of students (600?650?). Plus in Headingly which i hear is good.
taperjeangirl!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Firmed for Biology (ABB) ..I think James Baillie Park is my favourite accommodation right now. Can anyone tell me about the atmosphere there and how popular it is? (And am I right in thinking it's not far from the uni and city centre?)

Thanks
smiley995
Report 8 years ago
Hey everyone,
I live in James Baillie Park at the moment and i would definitely recommend it to any of you who are considering it. It is really sociable and a great location as its in between the uni and Headingley. The en suite bathroom is soo much better than sharing as well. In regards to popularity it is oversubscribed so you do run the risk of being put in bodington if you don't get into JBP. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask!
topdollar
Report 8 years ago
I have been confirmed for BSc Biology. Can't wait
Report 8 years ago
Anybody for New Media?!
Report 8 years ago
And I don't think Concept Place is available for our year..

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/concept_place/

or is it?! It looks lush!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (197)
27.86%
No (510)
72.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise