The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

JoshC
Ohh, I think I put we assume that the same would happen if they were in the wild, or something :frown:

I wrote that it assumes that baby animals can't be relied upon to look after themselves without human intervention, but I think the correct answer is it assumes that zookeepers aren't doing enough/ working hard enough to protect the baby animals.
ha this paper was jokes, finished it in about 30 minutes, then drew some strange 3d object with a massive hole in it.
Reply 82
I'm pretty glad I made such a horrendous cock-up in this exam, as opposed to other, more important ones. Also, I've now had (and in the process of getting over) this summers strain of the flu virus, so whilst it completely demolished any chance of a decent grade in CT2, at least I'll be fine for the rest *touch wood*
Reply 83
toofaforu
ha this paper was jokes, finished it in about 30 minutes, then drew some strange 3d object with a massive hole in it.

why'd you post your gcse results whats that got to do with ct? are you saying the paper was veeery easy?
Reply 84
what was the actual conclusion of the 1st question (after multiple choice) was it the last line of the 5ht paragraph? and what was the principle too?
Nadia93
what was the actual conclusion of the 1st question (after multiple choice) was it the last line of the 5ht paragraph? and what was the principle too?

I don't remember what the conclusion was, but I think the principle was something along the lines of 'humans have a responsibility to protect the environment'? (Was it even about the environment?! I'm pretty sure it had something to do with zookeepers not doing anything to protect the baby animals. Heck, I don't remember. :p: )
Reply 86
CHEM1STRY
My teacher is a chief examiner in Critical Thinking and Philosophy, she said that they are made to give 0 to people who don't argue the right conclusion.

Do you know for the MC bit, are we meant to make things up or can we refer to the claim that are given but using "therefore...claim given"
Is that alright?
Jhyzone
Do you know for the MC bit, are we meant to make things up or can we refer to the claim that are given but using "therefore...claim given"
Is that alright?

That's what ure meant to do :smile:
Reply 88
Jhyzone
Is that alright?

do you mean when you're writing your own argument? If so then you're expected to quote the conclusion exactly if you're supporting it or state the exact opposite of the statement if you're challengnig, I believe they're quite strict on this point too.
Reply 89
gildartz
do you mean when you're writing your own argument? If so then you're expected to quote the conclusion exactly if you're supporting it or state the exact opposite of the statement if you're challengnig, I believe they're quite strict on this point too.

Yes exactly what I did although I made up an intermediate conclusion out of the mc but didn't repeat any of its words, is that fine?
Nadia93
why'd you post your gcse results whats that got to do with ct? are you saying the paper was veeery easy?

that's actually my signature, it appears after every post.

and yes this paper was a joke, both in terms of how much i care about how i do, and how easy it was.
not bad

Latest