Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jadelyndsey)
    YES! I also spent about 3 hours before the exam learning everything related to the pancreas,glucose/sugar levels, glycogen, glucagon, glycerol, none of which i do believe were mentioned, or mentioned very much! I learned bloody everything about cystic fibrosis and huntingtons disease too, seen as 2 past papers i had completed (which were so easy compared to this exam) were filled with q's related to those disorders.

I wanted to die when i left that room. All my friends said "oh did you get this?" and another friend would say "Yes i did!" I was stood there like this :|

So much for a level biology. Il be lucky if i even get a C for biology at GCSE!
    OMFG that's literaly exactly wat I revised before the exam!!! Soo annouyyeeddd!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bungo)
    i did both b2 and b3, b2 was harder than b3 as the graphs and sankey diagrams were impossible to interpet, i am getting the paper we did this morning later this afternoon ( my dad is a exam officer) and i will post the questions and answers, pm or quote me if you want the questions and the correct answers
    Oscar
    Yeah correct answers for b2 and b3 would be cool hopefully il still remember my answers..:yes: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I put D and B.

ReputationRep:
    Same it was D and B for sure

ReputationRep:
    what did you put for the gametes one did you choose C and what did you put for the carbon compounds I put glucose and starch but all my friends are saying I am wrong so am I?

ReputationRep:
    glucose and starch are basically the same but you should be in for at least one mark.
    Cellulose and glucose were what I put but not too sure.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was hard! The questions were phrased really vaguely, especially that temperature/homeostasis one. I revised loads, but none of it came up!

I put glucose and starch for the carbon compounds, and that Sankey diagram was awful! I couldn't understand what it was on about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cashper1234)
    what did you put for the gametes one did you choose C and what did you put for the carbon compounds I put glucose and starch but all my friends are saying I am wrong so am I?
    I also chose C. For the gametes I put half of whatever the number in the table was, and I also put glucose and starch. I'm sure glucose should get us a mark, not sure about starch though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bungo)
    i did both b2 and b3, b2 was harder than b3 as the graphs and sankey diagrams were impossible to interpet, i am getting the paper we did this morning later this afternoon ( my dad is a exam officer) and i will post the questions and answers, pm or quote me if you want the questions and the correct answers
    Oscar

Ooooh, if this is actually for real then could you possibly send them to me also?

The ethanol one wasn't too bad, I sorta guessed my way through it but as a whole the paper was awful. And I'm pretty sure I made silly mistakes everywhere. Just praying for low grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bungo)
    Oscar
    B2 please if its like not illegal or anything ! thanks !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bungo)
    Oscar
    Could you PM me the questions and answers to B2 and B3. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the one that showed 3 cell diagrams and asked about which substance is produced in the pancreas and how is cell c adapted to it?

I put protease becuase there were loads of ribosomes present so protein synthesis maybe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by levantine)
    What did people put for the one that showed 3 cell diagrams and asked about which substance is produced in the pancreas and how is cell c adapted to it?

I put protease becuase there were loads of ribosomes present so protein synthesis maybe...
    I put it secretes insulin and has a large surface area, plus there were little 'openings' at the top of the cell to secrete insulin from, like a controlled opening in the cell membrane.

ReputationRep:
    thats definitley wasnt in the textbook..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bungo)
    hi, as mentioned earlier i will have the b2 paper by this evening and i will post the questions and answers, i will have them by 6:30pm as i cannot get them any sooner as my dad has exams to invildulate this afternoon,
    oscar
    b2 and b3 questions and answers would be good, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bungo)
    hi, as mentioned earlier i will have the b2 paper by this evening and i will post the questions and answers, i will have them by 6:30pm as i cannot get them any sooner as my dad has exams to invildulate this afternoon,
    oscar
    Hey! If you could possibly send me answers to B2 with grade boundaries, it was be appreiated (:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bungo)
    Oscar
    could u please give me the mark scheme for module 3 AQA higher tier....... thanks very much!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    Well he's wrong ? as how can you measure oxygen produced if they're asking how to measure the rate haha, meant to give a reason. I think the time could be right.

Anyone do Unit 3 aswell ?
    Yh i did unit 3 i think i did better in unit 3 than unit 2:eek3: how did u find b3? I made a mistake in reading the graph for the cardiac thing and i wrote biogensis and crossed it out for theory. Defo lost 2 for b3....but in jan 2010 b3 to get a* was 28/45

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by levantine)

I put insulin is produced, and then went on to say basically what you have said, but mentioned the amount of mitochondria aswell

ReputationRep:
    what did people put for the diagram on genetics were the cells divided, I put B where the cells divided into four in one stage, but I didn't know if it was C, where they divide twice seperately

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 25, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.