Turn on thread page Beta

AQA AS German 21 May 2010 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I found it really difficult, ahah, especially the first listening question. I think I went deaf or something because I completely just didn't get the reference to the swimming pools. This is bad considering I'm a german national. :/ Hopefully I'll still get an A?

ReputationRep:
    OH my god. It was horrible, really really horrible. I felt the writing was ok, but the listening and reading. :'( so much harder than previous years. It was either really easy (SMS question) or super hard!!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone who took it at the same time as me thought it was really hard too - definitely harder than the practices I've done. The entire aupair question I just guessed - I had absolutely nooooo idea!! Fml!

ReputationRep:
    They better do some serious UMS fiddling - that's all I can say. My practice papers of As were soo easy compared to that :-(

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like the listening bit. Some of the questions were ok, but the Zatoo one...that was a bit of a disaster.

Reading was doable, not the easiest paper I've done, but I could do most of it.

Writing was definitely god's gift. I did Werbung as my topic for oral and so was veeery lucky to get it as a writing question as well.

I think this paper is out of 110, Jan 2010 grade boundaries- 87 for an A, jun 2009 - 81 for an A.

And oral is 50, you need 43 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperManya)
    I didn't like the listening bit. Some of the questions were ok, but the Zatoo one...that was a bit of a disaster.

Reading was doable, not the easiest paper I've done, but I could do most of it.

Writing was definitely god's gift. I did Werbung as my topic for oral and so was veeery lucky to get it as a writing question as well.

I think this paper is out of 110, Jan 2010 grade boundaries- 87 for an A, jun 2009 - 81 for an A.

And oral is 50, you need 43 for an A
    Yeah, so I'm praying it'll be something like 75-80 if they're feeling generous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggy07)
    :eek3: There was a question on young people's health???
    I swear I never saw that question, when I came out I was like... uh? I should have done that question instead of friendships!

I didn't find the L/R awful, harder than the past papers though! The writing let me down, my content was all a bit vague and I wrote the ENTIRE thing saying 'Ihr' instead of 'Sie', no idea what made me do that, I was so angry at myself :mad: .

(Original post by bun)
    I got Subjunctive, pluperfect, passive, past, imperfect, perfect and future, along with constructions like 'es gilt als' but I kept thinking I'd forgotten something, and only used one pluperfect, but then again, I didn't want it to seem like a ticklist making sure I had one of everything
    Thanks If we get the same examiner and he reads mine after yours I will look absolutely horrendous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexcs)

Thanks If we get the same examiner and he reads mine after yours I will look absolutely horrendous!
    At least he/she'll probably be able to understand yours I just waffle so much. I think I wrote about 800 words, and hardly made any good points!

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was so hard! okay, i managed to do the reading and the listening okay, even though the first question was like WOAH.
    writing was rubbish, hardly had enough time!

ReputationRep:
    Was very hard I must say. All three of us that took the exam came out and couldn't believe how difficult it was in comparison to the past papers. Really hoping for an A but doesn't look like that will happen unless the grade boundaries are lowered (fingers crossed!) I did a checklist like some others and found it easy to make sure I included everything. In reference to some of your comments to get full marks in the writing you don't need to use pluperfect etc so you'll be fine Good luck everyone for August

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovinit820)
    listening was ok
    reading was SOLID. the one about the cinema killed me and so did the last one where we had to write in german. i had 15 minutes for the essay and i didnt check any of my work and was not grammer aware in teh essay becauyse of the time. SO ANNOYED. but it was the hardest paper iv done in comparison to any of teh others.
    So true! It was wayy harder than all the practice one's! Bye bye to my hopeful A grade

ReputationRep:
    I asked my teacher to look over the paper and his verdict... it was alright not unreasonable!
    Bye bye to my hopes of a low UMS

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god. It was the hardest exam I've ever done. I just found every question tough especially the listening and I am sure I didn't even make 200 words cos I totally ran out of time, the essay question about health was pretty good though.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask a really dumb question? I'm having one of those nightmare panics where you can't remember the essay question properly so you totally freak out and think you answered it wrongly.

I answered the writing question on friendships as an email - I can't remember whether it was supposed to be an email response or an essay though...

I really hope it was supposed to be an email. FML.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't find it too bad, thought I'd got a B, at least a C. My teacher even told me she thought my speaking test was a B. Results came... D for both section. I was like :O
    Hopefully next year's will be better, otherwise it drops down my average loads

ReputationRep:
    Guys, does anyone have the paper or know where to download it from. I really need it by tomorrow

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 1, 2011

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.