How **** is dubstep? Watch

Ben77mc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 2562)
Nah man. Dubstep developed from UK Garage. It was the UKG producers of the late nineties/early 00s that brought out the darker side of that genre by putting more emphasis on the bass.
They call it dubstep because it has similar low-end vibes as dub. But it's far more related to the 'step' bit in terms of where it came from.

Eg. of the origins of dubstep:

Yeah, it's origins are mainly from 2-step but still incorporates dub into it.
metro2610
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Meh, it's just hyped Drum and Bass...

Dubstep's decent when you're out though :rolleyes:
Puraza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Dubstep in the right quantities is epic, when you're in the mood to just get messy you need dubstep. Personally I despise drum and bass, it's just getting a beat and sticking it at a 300+ tempo, but dubstep is sick!
benmh92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Puraza)
Dubstep in the right quantities is epic, when you're in the mood to just get messy you need dubstep. Personally I despise drum and bass, it's just getting a beat and sticking it at a 300+ tempo, but dubstep is sick!
someone doesn't know much about dnb

Dubstep is great though, this is a silly argument, all music is subjective. There's a lot of good stuff in this genre just like any other genre itr has a lot of crap too. The likes of Reso and Excision are fantastic.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
^ Yeah, and the likes of Burial, Kryptic Minds and Clubroot at the more chilled end. Really feeling Clubroot's new stuff atm:

Puraza
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by benmh92)
someone doesn't know much about dnb

Dubstep is great though, this is a silly argument, all music is subjective. There's a lot of good stuff in this genre just like any other genre itr has a lot of crap too. The likes of Reso and Excision are fantastic.
Well okay I don't like many of the mainstream artists which crack out tunes, I prefer dubstep, and when I say dubstep I don't mean the chilled stuff, I prefer the filthy, dirty and ugly stuff, bratkilla, borgore, 16bit, as opposed to mainstream artists.
Ben77mc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Puraza)
Well okay I don't like many of the mainstream artists which crack out tunes, I prefer dubstep, and when I say dubstep I don't mean the chilled stuff, I prefer the filthy, dirty and ugly stuff, bratkilla, borgore, 16bit, as opposed to mainstream artists.
Borgore's not mainstream? :rolleyes:
DominF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Dubstep, when done properly, is the most emotive music I can get my hands on. Shame it can be hard to find.
Tom107713
Report 8 years ago
I too heard all the generic b/s and thought it was a passable trend genre, but like the previous poster said when its done right it can be awesome. I mostly like artists that blur the genres slightly and play with typical aspects of dubstep and incorporate it in to something fresh, with a little bit of healthy chord progressions and passion instead of something really 'dirty' that the students all jump onto. I find most of the stuff played in clubs to be massively repetitive and uninspired, but students love it because damn, it can be amazing party music & I don't take exception to that either.

If you have spotify look out for 2012 - numbernin6 remix and skip to 1:00, see what you think, this song definitely has heavy elements that I like
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Dubstep is good if you look for the right songs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (484)
80.13%
Leave (120)
19.87%

Watched Threads