Top 5 games of this generation so far Watch

KuroEli
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Magical Moogles)
3. Chrono Trigger (DS)
I wouldn't really count this as a game from this generation, seeing as it's just a remastering of the original game from 1995.

This is just be being pedantic though ^_^
Magical Moogles
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by KuroEli)
I wouldn't really count this as a game from this generation, seeing as it's just a remastering of the original game from 1995.

This is just be being pedantic though ^_^
That is true, but Chrono Trigger is so awesome, Ill make any excuse to put it in my top list of games :p:

Otherwise I would replace it for Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (DS). I've never played the newer game of the series, but I'm sure its even better!
dzeh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Mass Effect 1-2
Shenmue 1-2
Elder Scroll Series
Halo 1
Call of Duty 2
.Theory
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
1. Starcraft 2
dzeh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by estel)
Ohh, a list thread.

Mass Effect 2
Team Fortress 2
Uncharted 2
Empire: Total War
EvE Online (I don't play it, but it's pretty incredible).
Empire friggin total war!???

That game is a complete shambles and not a patch on any of the previous total war games

Its riddled with bugs, glitches, constantly crashes. The AI is none existant. They put in less features for MP. Then had the nerve to release crap PDLC.

Its pretty much well known in that community how much of a flop ETW is, to make matters worse NTW was just as crap.
ameeso
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by G8D)
GoW
Halo 3
Viva Pinata, seriously.
Can't think of othere :indiff:
Only the multiplayer on Halo 3 made it stand out. The campaign was pretty much a copy of Halo 1
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Bioshock
Mass Effect 2
Arkhum Asylum
God Of War 2
Farhan.Hanif93
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
- Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Halo 3
- Gears of War
- GTA IV
- Test Drive Unlimited (:p:)
TheCrackFox
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Crash Bandicoot (PS1). 'nough said.
Sariya
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by infernalcradle)
No game this generation can beat the N64 games....

that said...anyone interested by the apparant remake of Goldenye?
You say that now, but I've played nothing but my N64 for the past month, working my way through some old favourites.

Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mario 64, Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, F-Zero X, Mario Kart 64, Lylat Wars, Diddy Kong Racing and Turok 2 all feel absolutely dreadful nowadays. =\

The only games that seem to have held up terribly well are Banjo-Kazooie, the Zelda games and Conker.
omegaweapon1987
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by danny111)
Diablo 2 Frozen Throne
GTA IV
COD4
League of Legends (simply coz its free as well)
Fifa 2000
don' t know if anyone else picked up on this

frozen throne was warcraft 3 matey.

my games

Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 2

Shenmue (was this decade if you don't count the japan release)
Diablo II
Orange box (pc version only, couldn't choose between half life 2 , tf2 or counterstrike source so went for all! )
logic123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
uncharted 2 is way to overrated IMO
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by omegaweapon1987)
don' t know if anyone else picked up on this

frozen throne was warcraft 3 matey.

my games

Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 2

Shenmue (was this decade if you don't count the japan release)
Diablo II
Orange box (pc version only, couldn't choose between half life 2 , tf2 or counterstrike source so went for all! )
Oh yea.

What was Diablo then? Lord of Destruction I dont know.
supanova
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by B&+V&)
In top 10 im talking general terms, you've just picked sucessful chart games.

1 - MGS2 (For its time)
2 - GTA vice city (Again, for its time)
3 - Half life 2
4 - World of warcraft
5 - Elder scross: oblivion

other notable mentions are Timesplitters 2, MGS3, MGS4, GTA: san
andreas

Checkmate.
well well what an epic fail of a post . Firstly were all talking this generation, of which youve picked one game. Secondly when talking about the top 5 games of this generation of course chart toping games are going to be in the list, after all these charts are based around how good a game is, and good games sell better. Not always the case ill admit, but better games will sell more than the worse games of this generation.
Dont act all high and mighty in a game forum when firstly, you cant tell the difference between this generation and previous ones, and secondly your too ignorant to realise charts are there for a reason, you may diasagree with them but 95% of the time high charting games are better games overall.
KeineHeldenMehr
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
portal
system shock 2
MGS2
street fighter ii super turbo
knights of the old republic
damos92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by noggins)
Super Mario Galaxy series... I mean, Sunshine was a bit crap, lets face it.

Portal
I don't think sunshine was crap at all, it started off a bit crappy but the levels really became interesting after a while and those missions without FLUDD were really great and far more challenging than most of what is on offer in both the galaxy games, although i love them too.
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by B&+V&)
You honestly picked GTA 4 over San andreas AND Vice city, son are you a weekend warrior? Get out my forum.

[email protected] the neg too, such a pretentious ******.
Erm... Neither San Andreas or Vice City are games from this generation, numbnuts.
tlozoot
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
5 - Rock Band 2
4 - Mario Galaxy
3 - Oblivion
2 - Red Dead Redemption?
1 - Bioshock
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
OP maybe you should edit your first post so idiots can realise what THIS GENERATION means, and stop posting ps2 games.

Gears Of War
Fallout 3
Red Dead Redemption
Borderlands
Fable II
B&+V&
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by supanova)
well well what an epic fail of a post . Firstly were all talking this generation, of which youve picked one game. Secondly when talking about the top 5 games of this generation of course chart toping games are going to be in the list, after all these charts are based around how good a game is, and good games sell better. Not always the case ill admit, but better games will sell more than the worse games of this generation.
Dont act all high and mighty in a game forum when firstly, you cant tell the difference between this generation and previous ones, and secondly your too ignorant to realise charts are there for a reason, you may diasagree with them but 95% of the time high charting games are better games overall.
Erm... Neither San Andreas or Vice City are games from this generation, numbnuts.

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bad, Bema gets tired at 2am, and mixed up decade with generation. So the COD series is one of the best of this decade, oh wait no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (33)
16.67%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (84)
42.42%
Nope, not that interesting (81)
40.91%

Watched Threads