Florida Church plans "Burn a Qu'ran" day on 9/11/2010 Watch

This discussion is closed.
near_comatose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Muffinz)
:/ Mosques don't make a habit of building Bible bonfires, these people are just ridiculous...
lol i'm sure some mosques organise much worse things than burning some bibles (not advocating the burning of anything either way.. not really condoning it either, though) :/
adam_zed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Karl-fresher2be)
get bent your obviously sleeping with asians stop sticking up for them
classic example of an idiot. when faced with countering evidence they stoop to really low levels. I dont get why that is offensive anyway? Some Asian women are stunning.

Now cease your ******ry and get the **** out.
Folderol
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Guvnor)
Anyway your evading my question, would you still support it if you know you could be killed for it ? I highly doubt it none of you would and thats the truth.
I am saying its irrelevant to the right. Would I do it? No because I don't want to die. Would I think I had the right to? Yes.

This is the exact kind of things that extremists need and morons like you come along and I say I support it, its freedom of ones rights and speech and all the other rubbish that goes alongside it.
No, its morons like you who want to sop free expression because maniacs exist. If someone killed you for saying "I love you" would you stop saying it?
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by joy12)
This is disgusting!

What appalls me most is the CHURCH is organizing such an event!

What about preaching love? It is preaching hatred.

Florida Church has just hit a new LOW!
The Crusades were under the same religion and nothing in Christianity has changed since, so that shows what Christianity (and all religion) really is, or at least it shows how it makes people behave.
flugestuge
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Excellent idea.
Guvnor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Folderol)
I am saying its irrelevant to the right. Would I do it? No because I don't want to die. Would I think I had the right to? Yes.

No, its morons like you who want to sop free expression because maniacs exist. If someone killed you for saying "I love you" would you stop saying it?
I am not stopping it, just that there should be a limit

Talk is cheap my friend, I won't waste my time debating with you as I have better things to do rather then spend my whole day on TSR, good day
Magic_007
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
People would also kill for the Danish cartoons. Would you curtail the freedom of speech then as well?

Wait wait, let me get this straight, so you support the invasion of Iran, right?
Iran has a high Muslim population, right?
Yet you would support their religious textbook in which they fervently respect to be burnt?
vnupe
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
People would also kill for the Danish cartoons. Would you curtail the freedom of speech then as well?
You have the freedom of speech to shout fire in a crowded room, but you also face consequences for that action...

I think that freedom ends when it can be reasonably expected that it will cause violence.. The question in not just Why can't I do it... the question should be why would you want to do it?

A reasonable person would agree and be expected to know that any cartoon especially a cartoon portraying the Prophet Mohammed in a shall we say less than flattering light, will be met with more than a pen to paper/angry letter to the editor...

Why such an intolerance for someone and something that is so sacred to a large population of people? Just because your belief systems are different, does it mean your systems are better and more valid that theirs?
vnupe
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
The Crusades were under the same religion and nothing in Christianity has changed since, so that shows what Christianity (and all religion) really is, or at least it shows how it makes people behave.

Christianity doesn't make people do that, its human nature that makes people act the way they do.. millions of christians and muslims practice their faith in peace and without conflict, it is the few extremists on both sides which garner all the attention... "a squeaky wheel always gets the oil"
hardcoretophat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
im not saying this is a good idea but they come to our country drive about in posh cars, get benefits and moan about us being racist.. were not allowed pirmary songs such as bla bla BLACK sheep had to remove the name of blackboards (this could go on and on..) imagine if we went there country and tried to build a church not a chance !!
You do realise there already are churches there, don't you? There are Christian arabs too you know!
tanzeel
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You think that's bad? A plane crashed today 20 miles from where I live in Pakistan and the CNN page reporting that had about 200 comments along the lines of 'Good riddance', 'Death to Muslims' and crap like that. And this was no small plane either; an A321 - 152 people were killed and you have people actually celebrating all these deaths.
Folderol
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Guvnor)
Talk is cheap my friend, I won't waste my time debating with you as I have better things to do rather then spend my whole day on TSR, good day
I can't force you to debate me. Have a nice day, sincerely!
Margaret Thatcher
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MJlover)
what if you invited me to take a look?
Then I am not inviting you to steal them and burn them, am I? It would probably be criminal damage, as it's my property. Books purchased legally from a seller are a different story.
Folderol
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Magic_007)
Wait wait, let me get this straight, so you support the invasion of Iran, right?
No, I don't. In fact I have categorically said today: "I don't agree with military engagement (i.e, combat troops) on Iranian soil and nor do I agree with military engagement on Iranian soil". I really have no idea where you get that I support an invasion of Iran from.

Iran has a high Muslim population, right?
Yes.

Yet you would support their religious textbook in which they fervently respect to be burnt?
I, personally, have no interest in burning any religious text but I would say that American flags, British flags, Bibles, Torahs, Qurans should be allowed to burnt, yes.
thedaveimperium
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MJlover)
what if you invited me to take a look?
it would then be criminal damage or even burglary 9.1.b: having entered as a trespasser to a building or part of a building:
a) committing a theft
b) committing criminal damage
Meus
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There is a history of Christian fundamentalism in the United States so this isn't particularly surprising. Whilst people debate political Islam on blogs and Internet forums, to a small portion of Christians in America view Islam instead an idealogy of the devil. Their oppossition and criticism of it is different to what most people identify Islam with - a tool of violence and terrorism - instead they interpret its growth in the world as a sign of end times. Ironically, the average Church-goer in America is more likely to have more in common with the average Muslim in Afghanistan, for example, than any (stereotypically speaking) liberal commentator who sees the Muslim faith as backwards for it's views on e.g. homosexuality, sex and women.

This is where the Bin Laden as the anti-Christ myth came from.
Folderol
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by vnupe)
You have the freedom of speech to shout fire in a crowded room, but you also face consequences for that action...I think that freedom ends when it can be reasonably expected that it will cause violence..
Oh, I agree there should be limits on the freedom of speech so far as they cause direct, non-consensual, percievable harm. As Mill argued in On Liberty. The rest of your post should be addressed by this, I hope.
whyisthatcrazy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
this is just the kind of people that believe Islam teaches to destroy other religions when its in fact extremists who believe the religion teaches differently and in fact teaches them to cause suffering to those who oppose them
Inzamam99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
im not saying this is a good idea but they come to our country drive about in posh cars, get benefits and moan about us being racist.. were not allowed pirmary songs such as bla bla BLACK sheep had to remove the name of blackboards (this could go on and on..) imagine if we went there country and tried to build a church not a chance !!
There're hundreds of churches in Muslim countries you pillock and the Baa baa black sheep thing is nothing to do with Islam. Most Muslims in "your" country aren' black anyway.
basketofsnakes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
lol
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (34)
27.42%
No (90)
72.58%

Watched Threads