Turn on thread page Beta

David Cameron refuses to return Koh i Noor diamond to India watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Considering the timing, tiny amount of rep power and the slight hint of brain damage in the neg rep I received I have concluded it was most probably you. Normally I don't return neg rep (sometimes I return it with pos rep) but since it was a retarded comment and you didn't leave your name you can expect something tomorrow
    Excuse me?

I don't even know who you are and moreover, I've not even replied to or read any of your comments :confused:

Anyways to prove it, check your rep now, you should see a positive rep from me confirming that whoever repped you last/above wasn't infact me.

ReputationRep:
    They want us to give them the crown jewels? That's like us saying France should send us the Eiffell Tower because the steel originated in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchild007)
    Excuse me?

I don't even know who you are and moreover, I've not even replied to or read any of your comments :confused:

Anyways to prove it, check your rep now, you should see a positive rep from me confirming that whoever repped you last/above wasn't infact me.
    Sorry I was in a pretty bad mood at the time, I had just woken up and I feel pretty ill.

Please accept my humble apologies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Sorry I was in a pretty bad mood at the time, I had just woken up and I feel pretty ill.

Please accept my humble apologies.
    No worries, I understand

It hasn't though, stopped the idiots from neg-repping me after reading your post in retaliation to my supposed neg-rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    I agree with his point.
    Where would we draw the line. You can't say yes to some and no to others.
    Everything would have to be returned.
    No need to draw lines. Everything should be returned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Dear India,

We have received your request for the Koh i Nor diamond and concluded that we fully agree with the logic of your request. We will be returning the diamond along with a shipment of all the Indians we've stolen from the sub continent too, we estimate there to be in the region of a million people.

With regards,
    Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchild007)
    No worries, I understand

It hasn't though, stopped the idiots from neg-repping me after reading your post in retaliation to my supposed neg-rep
    Lol I'll make up for it. Again majorly sorry.

ReputationRep:
    no worries we've found a replacement

kohinoor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SatanIsAwesome)
    Ye, maybe we should return half of it to Macedonia, it was Alexander's for a while.
    are you retarded half of it he conquered less than a fourth of india, i.e the punjab area

ReputationRep:
    Am I ignorant if I cannot see the significance of this story?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blatchcorn)
    Am I ignorant if I cannot see the significance of this story?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    At the end of the day, it's a ******* diamond!

Who bloody cares?

Honestly... :rolleyes:
    shutup faggg

ReputationRep:
    We gave them India back, isn't that enough? They'll be wanting Pakistan back next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenopus)
    We gave them India back, isn't that enough? They'll be wanting Pakistan back next.
    You'll find that wasn't quite the case, old chap.

In any case, I think there's very little significance for India in getting the Koh i Noor heera back. All diamonds that predate the 1800s were made in India, would this suggest that they all should be returned back? No.
    This will cause more conflict between the neighbouring nations than is necessary, and is not worth for India.
    What I think India needs to do is make sure that the history of the diamond is kept alive, as that is what it is famous for - as long as this is happening under the hands of the British than I see little reason for it to be stored in a museum in India, it would represent nothing more than a diplomatic victory over the British which isn't what is needed as of today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenopus)
    This. lol.

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of daft people on here. The diamond was passed between all sorts of rulers and kingdoms on the subcontinent before the British received it. The fact is that in the past, countries and empires conquered each other - that's what humans did. In addition, there was NO unified India from whic hthe diamond was 'taken' - that is nothing but modern Indian nationalism - the modern state of India is no better a successor to the former princely state from where the diamond came than Britain. Criticism of the government's refusal to hand it back is akin to blaming modern day Mongolia for Ghenghis Khan's armies rampaging across Asia and slaughtering whole cities.

ReputationRep:
    Since the Union of India invaded and annexed all the Princely States almost immediately on independence it isn't in a strong moral position here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    India has more poor people then Africa.
    Are you in your senses?You're comparing a country to a continent and still this fact is not true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doink-the-Clown)
    Are you in your senses?You're comparing a country to a continent and still this fact is not true!
    It is true and they have similar populations so the comparison is valid. I presume the term the "subcontinent" happens to be lost on you. You are beyond all hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanros)
    are you retarded half of it he conquered less than a fourth of india, i.e the punjab area
    Sorry dude for not using exact figures, i was only making a point. Also if you remember Pakistan used to be part of India, and he conquered that.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.