The Student Room Group

Girls: Are you attracted to MONEY?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
It personally makes no difference to me, but there are obviously some girls who are. :dontknow:
Reply 81
Firstly, it's a subconcious thing. Theres not a lot of woman who go "hmm yeh he's rich i'll go for him" (bar gold diggers). It's one of those primeval things that is in their subconcious, for instance in animals the leaders of packs generally get all the girls, because they are in charge they have everything, if they have everything then that makes a females life much easier. If you have money its the same psychology.

Secondly most woman on this are younger so therefore don't back up the results of that OKcupid thing

Also most woman on this forum are aspiring for higher education and to become very skilled in a proffession, therefore making them the types that want to achieve and do well in their proffession, therefore making this "rely on your mans money" thing, less likely to apply to them
Yes, I am. But only if the man holding it is attractive [physically and personality wise].

The thing is, I have certain things i really like to do - I like to go on lovely holidays in nice accomodation, I like to eat at nice restaurants, I like to drink nice wine, I like to buy good quality furnishings, I love big/old houses. Getting onto the property market is one of my major aims for the next few years. I love to go to the theatre. I love to spontaneously buy champagne etc etc.
I am able to reasonably sustain that lifestyle myself...i don't need a man's money to do all that. However, I want a man who can keep up with me, and who can lead a lifestyle like the one I want and enjoy.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 83
well, being poor over here isn't even bad so i'd defo choose the nicer guy :biggrin:
I don't really like taking money that isn't mine so there'd be no point
girls dig power, not money. and they dig it subconsciously.

which is why such a variety of people find such a variety of people attractive. power is fluid, relative and contextual. a lot of my friends would screw morrissey into an early grave and he's thirty years older than them. but he's a well known and revered artist.

then you get businessmen who are rich. it's a different kind of power that manifests itself in financial gain.

then you get the simpsons and mr plow. that fleece does wild things to marge.
Reply 85
Of course not, but it is nice when boys treat you to little presents here and there :smile:
I actually had a mega crush on someone I now live with for a while in the first year. What sort of killed it for me was the realisation that we just don't have a common enough background to gel in that way. He's the guy most willing to take interest in my degree choice (He's been to Canada and France) and I can actually have a conversation with him in French, but he's mega rich and did the whole gap year thing and is looking forward to earning £80 grand a year and sending his kids to private school, it's so different from my upbringing/life goals that I just didn't think we would ever 'click' like that. I'd far rather date someone who was skint, cuz even though being taken care of can be nice, I need to feel on a level with someone.
Reply 87
well personality, looks, morals etc are still important to me. But yes rich guys are more attractive to me, not just because they have more money but it says something about them. Not stereotyping here but wealthy guys are generally more responsible (can keep control of their money), ambitious, and can look after their girls.
So bottom line its not that the guy has money its often a specific type of guy that has money and yeah im attracted to that :biggrin:
Reply 88
Original post by NicoleG13
well personality, looks, morals etc are still important to me. But yes rich guys are more attractive to me, not just because they have more money but it says something about them. Not stereotyping here but wealthy guys are generally more responsible (can keep control of their money), ambitious, and can look after their girls.
So bottom line its not that the guy has money its often a specific type of guy that has money and yeah im attracted to that :biggrin:

What if it is his parents that has money and gives him loads in allowances? Would you still find him "attractive" ?
I personally couldn't care less :smile:
Reply 90
Of course it makes a man more attractive. I don't see why that is surprising, particularly as I imagine that most women would like to be stay-at-home mothers. A wealthy man means this is possible and comfortable.

BUT I don't think it makes the difference that many men think it does. I don't really know any girls who are specifically looking for a rich man; they want to find someone with whom they are compatible and can be happy. Money is a small part of a large package (no innuendo intended). Personally, it doesn't make a huge difference to me as I'm not at all maternal and I am hopefully set to make a pretty good salary in the future. The job the man has does tie in a bit with other things I look for, though, such as ambition, talent and intelligence.
Reply 91
Original post by Shippy
Of course not, but it is nice when boys treat you to little presents here and there :smile:

Yes you are, you just admitted it, you just said that you like it when a boy can afford to presents every so often as opposed to a boy who won't be able to, therefore you will more easily be attracted to the boy who gives you presents, therefore you're attracted to money.
Reply 92
Original post by Jelkin
Of course it makes a man more attractive. I don't see why that is surprising, particularly as I imagine that most women would like to be stay-at-home mothers. A wealthy man means this is possible and comfortable.

BUT I don't think it makes the difference that many men think it does. I don't really know any girls who are specifically looking for a rich man; they want to find someone with whom they are compatible and can be happy. Money is a small part of a large package (no innuendo intended). Personally, it doesn't make a huge difference to me as I'm not at all maternal and I am hopefully set to make a pretty good salary in the future. The job the man has does tie in a bit with other things I look for, though, such as ambition, talent and intelligence.

Most? I don't think so. Of course money is attractive. Woman or man. That is hardly a surprise. Doesn't matter that much to me though. I would never like someone simply because they are 'rich'.
Reply 93
Original post by Luceria
Most? I don't think so. Of course money is attractive. Woman or man. That is hardly a surprise. Doesn't matter that much to me though. I would never like someone simply because they are 'rich'.

You don't think most women would want to stay at home to look after their kids? Hmmm. Well I do, but I don't imagine there are any numbers relating to it so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree!
Reply 94
Original post by Phobia27
Yes you are, you just admitted it, you just said that you like it when a boy can afford to presents every so often as opposed to a boy who won't be able to, therefore you will more easily be attracted to the boy who gives you presents, therefore you're attracted to money.

Yes I LIKE it, but it's not essential and it's certainly not a main factor in what I find attractive in men. I'd rather be with someone who I have real chemistry with etc. For example, if my boyfriend had no money at all and couldn't buy me things it wouldn't change my feelings for him. It's NICE to have financial security when you're thinking about serious long term relationships, but for me it's not a necessity and it's not something that attracts me to someone. In fact, I have quite a dislike to boys who have money (mostly because at my age they seem to think they can buy anyone/anything and this directly affects their personality). But then again, if I really liked someone and they were rich then that wouldn't make me any more or less attracted to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending