Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to run my own engineering firm, developing new methods and improving renewable energy soultions.

ReputationRep:
    Who the hell knows!? My career plans change quite often. My immediate plans are to graduate this year, go back to work full-time (in a call centre), save some money then go travelling. I will think about settling down in a career after that!

I also want to get married, and have kids. No idea when - this also changes often! I would prefer to be a younger mum but I want to travel and get settled first so I probably won't have kids until I'm about 30.

Other than that I just want to be happy with my job and family, and see as much of the world as possible.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to graduate with a 1st then do a masters in Medieval History. After that depending on how I liked the masters I'll either become a teacher or study further to be a lecturer. Hopefully I'd do well in either career and I'd like to inspire someone to take History further. In an ideal world I'd become a well respected academic but just being one of those lecturers/teachers people remember is the main ambition.

Outside of a career I'd like to live up in the north east for a bit, just because my family is from around there and it'd be nice to try it. I want a cat for certain as my family have always had a cat and it would be strange to be without one. As for relationships I'd like to just be in love once and be loved in return. Whether it lasts or not doesn't really bother me but just to have experienced that would be nice anything else is just a bonus. I'm ambivolent on the institution of marriage and as for kids it'd be nice to have a couple but I'm not the kind who could put her whole life on hold for them, I'd go back to work within a year, probably within 6 months. I was in nursery from 3 months old and I admire my mum for continuing her career. Even if by most standards she isn't anything particularly highflying she's doing a job she loves and that's what I'd like to have.

I'd also like to maintain friendships longterm, I've always admired people who have been friends for 30-40 years and I'd like that kind of friendship.

ReputationRep:
    Go to uni, study medicine. Meet my partner. Maybe (probably) move abroad, not necessarily to a rich country like USA but somewhere my skills are needed. I have always wanted to work for a charity, so maybe MSF. Come back to UK after a few years.

Not sure about kids. I want to keep my friends- my mum is still in touch with her friend from secondary school, and I admire that. And I want a dog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilylikeeee)
    Wow, that is very well planned out Good luck, be prepared for life to throw some s*** in your way though, it has a habit of doing this!
    I know what you mean!
    I've had a couple this year already, a good friend of mine died of pnuemonia and my gdad has cancer, thanks though i'll be prepared!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    I would put out the burning coal with my pee
    I would rape the dragon
    and who the F*** Gaston?
    Moving down the list, each one of those answers puts me off you more.
    We're finished! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Moving down the list, each one of those answers puts me off you more.
    We're finished! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I would love to be a councillor/ MP representing the area I grew up in.

ReputationRep:
    Earn my degree in animal management.
    Join a three year research project (probably in Borneo) on primate behaviour.
    Marry and have loads of kids and live on a farm!
    Be able to wake up every morning and gets the kids welly boots on and go and feed the pigs and goats and chickens and all the other amazing little creatures we're going to have!

ReputationRep:
    To not be sad and instead think how well I did in enjoying life, when I reach the moment when you realize you are old. One of my worst fears for the future, that is.

To meet a woman who will always be honest with me and tell me if I am ever in danger of not fulfilling that.

To generally "go for it" in everything I do in order to not become old and sad.

The idea of children doesn't appeal to me now but I don't feel like I can completely rule it out. I definately wouldn't have a big family though. I don't really mind when I have children, if the time's right when I am 20, I'll have them then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    What with all the "UNEMPLOYMENT RISING" and "NO JOBS ANYWHERE" and "NOT ENOUGH UNIVERSITY PLACES" etc. etc. I thought it might be nice to make a topic about what you want to do in life, all of these issues aside, as a sort of something to work toward to. Keeping it realistic, of course - no space cowboys or anything - but just what would be an ideal life for you, if none of these things were a problem. Where would you live? Anything particular you'd like to do? Career? University? Marriage? Kids?

My future is a huge question mark at the moment, but I imagine "attending a good university" and "travel" would be a part of it. Career will probably be law or language-based, and I thnk I'd like to move to the States. No kids - marriage, I don't know.
    This changes several times a week, though.

Tell me about your plans!
    I would like to get married to a man who worships me, have 2 babies, raise them well and do a job that will not be too stressful so that I will have some energy left for my family.
    That's it. I'm not too ambitious, just want to have an amazing husband and well-mannered; smart and beautiful children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    Is that a picture of you?

ReputationRep:
    Is that a picture of you?
    if you wanna see my picture, all you have to do is ask :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    if you wanna see my picture, all you have to do is ask :sexface:
    does not sound suggestive at all

ReputationRep:
    I want to do art history at university and work in museums.

I want to live in France.

I don't know if I'll have kids, but at the moment I can't see why I wouldn't want to in the future.

I want to travel. I want to have good stories to tell everbody when I'm a crazy old lady with 20 or so cats.

Oh I want a pet cat and a Newfoundland dog

I want to live in South America, Scotland and Russia.

I want to be healthy too, if that's not asking for too much

And I'd like everybody else to be happy too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeographyEllie)
    does not sound suggestive at all
    Hello

ReputationRep:
    Finish gap year, go to uni, get in a ridiculous cross-country romance on the year abroad, graduate, work a snow season (or two) for a ski company whilst making use of my languages, learn german, spend time project managing for Raleigh Int. or a similar charity in a French/Spanish speaking country, write for a magazine of some sort, marry someone who can cook, have kids, retire, open a hotel/restaurant in a foreign country where I'm in charge of hospitality and my husband is head chef, write a novel about the experience/my life.

It worries me how specific this is.

ReputationRep:
    I want to work in Paris, doing fashion journalism.
    If not, radio broadcasting. Both highly ambitious and unlikely.

Other than that, and most importantly, I want to meet a man to spend the rest of my life with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    Hello
    Hey how are you? :P

ReputationRep:
    Career-wise I have no idea. I keep changing my mind. But I'd like to do something interesting like maybe Teaching or get into the Gaming Industry...or maybe Police...really not sure.

Marriage/Kids: Yes i'd like both.

Other than that, I'd like to make a bit of money from writing, and generally just be happy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.