Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been in the relationship?
    - 2 years and 5 months

How old are you?

Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'?
    - I guess so...

Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc?
    - I'm not sure. I think we may want different things...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    You will have one. It won't break you up and you'll then be in a normal, serious relationship.
    I know we will have an argument at some point, but I thought the sign of a strong relationship was that it doesn't change it rather than morph in a "normal" relationship?

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been in the relationship? 1 year 3 months
    How old are you? both 17
    Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'? Yes
    Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc? No

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been in the relationship? 1 year and 11 months (2 years december 15th)
    How old are you? We're both 17
    Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'? Yea
    Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family? Yes as I really can't see me without him

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been in this relationship?: 2 years
    How old are you? I'm 21, he's 26
    Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious' Yes
    A family? Neither of us want children. But we have talked about adopting one day in the very future.
    Do I see myself staying with him forever? Life doesn't come with any guarantees so I don't want to take us staying together for granted or for sure. But we were close friends for years before we got together and we didn't take getting together lightly. So far we've managed to get through a lot of difficult issues/times because both of us are willing to work very hard at our relationship, it means a lot to us. Hopefully this will continue to be the case in the future, but I'm well aware that, you know, things change, **** happens and life doesn't always work out the way you planned. As scary as that is.

ReputationRep:
    Bit over year and a half.
    I'm 20, he's 21 (nearly our birthdays though).
    Yes, serious, we live together in term time.
    He was going to propose in the summer so I think so! But I told him I at least want to finish uni and be together a bit longer before getting engaged. But we do want to be together Sure we have our arguments, but we definitely know how to deal with them, like any mature couple.
    • TSR Support Team

How long have you been in the relationship? 4 months
    How old are you? 28
    Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'? yep
    Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc? hopefully staying with her for a while, way too early to be thinking of a family, we want a life first i.e go travelling etc.

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been in the relationship? 2 years one month
    How old are you? Im 16 shes 16 (shes 6 months older for those who havent seen girls with younger men )
    Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'? yes
    Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc? I see no reason to end it at the moment, there are still many barriers along the way (Uni and then living together), we are both too young to know exactly what we want and whether we are compatible in our ambtions.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    since feb on and off (distance created drama so weve broken up twice now and were back together)
    so yeh i would consider it serious after everything weve been through
    were both 19 so in no position to start making plans but i hope it works. we have talked about what we both want in life and we match really well (married, kids, pets, and all that)
    what are all these questions for???

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been in the relationship? 4yrs on and off.
    How old are you? 18
    Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'? yes, quite
    Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc? Well, I think I'm a bit to young to think about that!

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been in the relationship?
    1 year, 4 months

How old are you?
    I'm 20, he's 26

Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'?
    Yeah I suppose so

It's funny, because I don't. He doesn't want children, and I really really do, so it will be a bit of a dealbreaker at some point unless he changes his mind..

ReputationRep:
    together: 11 months
    ages: 18 and hes 21
    serious: i guess
    future: not a clue, i like to think so
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roses)
    1 year 1 month.
    I'm 18 he's 22.
    Yes it is serious.
    We have to an extent -- we've agreed that we'd be ****ing idiots to ever split up as we're so great together (never had an argument the whole time we've been together), so therefore in theory we should last forever :p: we both want to get married and have kids, but I'd say the only thing we've seriously agreed on is that we'd move in together when I finish uni.
    so then what happens when you do have an arguement??

ReputationRep:
    We've been together for a little over two years (and yet I suppose my signature gave that away anyhow). I'm 19 and he's 21. We're engaged, so I'd say we're pretty serious about one another - yes and, in a perfect world, of course I hope that we'll be together forever and have a family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roses)
    I know we will have an argument at some point, but I thought the sign of a strong relationship was that it doesn't change it rather than morph in a "normal" relationship?
    A relationship that nothing changes at all doesn't exist, btw.

ReputationRep:
    2 years
    19 + 21
    Yes
    Hmm maybe someday

ReputationRep:
    About 16/ 17 months
    I'm 20, he's 24
    Yes, I think so.
    Well... I don't know, and I guess we're kind of on the rocks at the minute because LDR is causing problems- but I would like it if we did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    so then what happens when you do have an arguement?? :s
    I haven't a clue haha. I'd like to think, knowing how we are now and what our personalities are like, that if we did argue it would be sorted quickly and then we'd look back and laugh at how daft we were for falling out.

(Original post by Cicerao)
    A relationship that nothing changes at all doesn't exist, btw.
    Oh no I understand that, I just mean that a single argument shouldn't change the tone of an entire relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    You will have one. It won't break you up and you'll then be in a normal, serious relationship.
    My sister once had a relationship with a guy, they were together for a couple of years and they never argued. If you knew my sister that would come as a shock, as I've seen her argue with her bfs on so many occasions. Anyway, when they eventually had their first ever argument, they broke up. What's more it was a massive misunderstanding; the argument was about a couple from accross her street had just got married and divorced a week later, the reason being the wife had cheated with a man who had the same name as her bf. That's what she heard thinking the wife must have cheated with her bf so she confronted him. He stormed off and didn't come back. She found out later that the woman accross the street cheated with some guy from work who simply had the same name as my sister's bf.

He was being honest, she had misunderstood, they were having a dream of a relationship, but after that it just didn't work out :/

(Original post by Pyrrho)
    My sister once had a relationship with a guy, they were together for a couple of years and they never argued. If you knew my sister that would come as a shock, as I've seen her argue with her bfs on so many occasions. Anyway, when they eventually had their first ever argument, they broke up. What's more it was a massive misunderstanding; the argument was about a couple from accross her street had just got married and divorced a week later, the reason being the wife had cheated with a man who had the same name as her bf. That's what she heard thinking the wife must have cheated with her bf so she confronted him. He stormed off and didn't come back. She found out later that the woman accross the street cheated with some guy from work who simply had the same name as my sister's bf.

He was being honest, she had misunderstood, they were having a dream of a relationship, but after that it just didn't work out :/
    WOW that is brutal :eek:

Me and the ex never argued in about 4 years, but it got to the point where we forgot why we got together in the first place after moving long distance. You can get on so so well with someone and have something take a nice big **** on the relationship

nothings ever for sure, thats the only sure thing i know

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.