Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you guys manage to keep your gf happy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i can't afford to buy anything atm. i'm doing it by not getting paraletic when she's not here, giving her lots of attention, making her food and showing gratitude... and regular sex.

ReputationRep:
    In my experience it is important to buy stuff for girls. Not because they are materialistic. It is just that spontaneous things can really make life between you better.

I look at things a little odd, but in my home town that I left (7 years ago) there were so many men to women that life was a little difficult. Because it was so easy to compare the market, I always felt like I had to win their love back every day. I suppose a little paranoid, but you do have to make sure as a man you are offering what your partner wants. We cannot coast any more. There are millions of men who will merrily take your place.

I am sure that this contribution has not helped, but my advice would be to keep on buying, because if you do not, someone else will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonKev)
    In my experience it is important to buy stuff for girls. Not because they are materialistic. It is just that spontaneous things can really make life between you better.

I look at things a little odd, but in my home town that I left (7 years ago) there were so many men to women that life was a little difficult. Because it was so easy to compare the market, I always felt like I had to win their love back every day. I suppose a little paranoid, but you do have to make sure as a man you are offering what your partner wants. We cannot coast any more. There are millions of men who will merrily take your place.

I am sure that this contribution has not helped, but my advice would be to keep on buying, because if you do not, someone else will.
    Haha, this is why i'm glad to be indian. No-one buys anything. Ever!

(Disclaimer: This excludes Bacardi and samosa ingredients, ofc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSingh23)
    Haha, this is why i'm glad to be indian. No-one buys anything. Ever!

(Disclaimer: This excludes Bacardi and samosa ingredients, ofc)
    I went out with an Indian girl incidentally. Beautiful girl, smart, her family owned a reasonably large company, coming from a council house in North Yorkshire, you can imagine it was a bit fraught sometimes.

You just want to do those spontaneous things that make folk happy. It just becomes more difficult when they went on three holidays in the year. It isn't misogyny, more people pleasing.

ReputationRep:
    Can I suggest just lots and lots of attention? And affection? And cuddles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    In this current economic climate we live in where it's hard to meet your own day to day needs, how do you manage to keep your gf happy? The cost of meeting up, cost of taking her out, cost of gifts etc?
    I make sure that the weed keeps on comin'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)

And there's also a problem with the fact that girls often don't notice when the guy they like is a **** (insert whatever derogatory word you like there!) when it might be more obvious to a guy who can see through what the girl likes about him, so guys (and, yes, girls as well but for different reasons) often see when girls are getting together with ****s and can't help but know they saw it coming when the girl finally realises actually he wasn't a nice guy in the first place! A surprising amount of guys are ****s, I've discovered - I find it comforting that I'm a straight guy so don't have to try to find a guy who's not lol.

Sorry for the essay
    Yes, I completely agree with you. The problem with females that are attracted to ********s, is that they see other women going for them and they attract themselves to them because there must be something in him that she likes him. I have read somewhere that if a guy likes a girl, he should play it out a little bit for that purpose. It is indeed sad that they think there's something about the bad boys.

I actually felt sorry for the guy in the sig because, most of the times, it's the truth. Yes, he is not her type but it still hurts...

That's just how life goes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahnaf.c)
    Its no assumption biatch, its coz you study psychology lol
    haha what does that even mean? quite ambiguous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balface)
    Can I suggest just lots and lots of attention? And affection? And cuddles?
    this is the best way to keep me happy :-) i always pay my own way and im happy, but when i do get treated once in a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Amour Toujours)
    You shouldn't have to spend money in order to keep a girlfriend happy, because she's probably not worth it if she expects stuff like that from you. Speaking just for myself here, my boyfriend keeps me happy by: tickling my back whilst we're snuggled up watching a DVD and playing WoW / console games with me. Amongst other things, of course...

I'm slowly converting my girlfriend into a gamer chick. Sad thing is, she beats me most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    I'm slowly converting my girlfriend into a gamer chick. Sad thing is, she beats me most of the time.
    +Rep to you sir for recruiting more female gamers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayB124)
    Oral.
    This. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    oh and my boyfriend made me happy by sucking at every xbox game I owned and losing
    he then made me unhappy by ignoring me for the rest of the day to play on it and get better because he was determined next time it wouldn't happen

ReputationRep:
    I pity you if you spend more money on your girlfriend than she spends on you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alt__x)
    Awww, I wish more guys were like you. I really don't get why you dont have a girlfriend
    Because it's easy to tell from the content of that post that he's probably reeeaally creepy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Digit_Five)
    Because it's easy to tell from the content of that post that he's probably reeeaally creepy?
    Wow hahaha, harsh, dude what exactly makes me sound creepy from that? :s all of those things were suggested for him to do for his girlfriend, obviously if they were done for anyone who the individual wasn't in a relationship with, of course it may be slightly weird.

ReputationRep:
    I am most happiest with my bf, just spending time with him. In no way does this involve spending money. Just spending the entire day cuddled up in bed, playing on the laptop (in bed), talking and only getting out to pee. Or going for a walk, or a snowball fight. We cook for each other, and eat out not so often. It is nice to sit down and have a nice meal with wine together, but this can be done just as well at home :yep:, and it's just as special, if not more so, because they are putting in effort for you :yep:. If a girl is only happy when she's spending your money, then she's not that interested in you that much anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.