Cambridge GEP Offer

ReputationRep:
    Another long-time-lurker here.

I've applied to:

Warwick (4) - Unsuccessful
    Leicester (4)
    Leeds (5)
    Keele (5)

I'm a tad worried now that I've not received any form acknowlegdement via UCAS from my three remaining choices...could anybody shed some light on the issue?

Congratulations to those who've been invited to interview already.

ReputationRep:
    I'm loving this thread!!! I found it after starting my own thread tho woooops :-S
    Im planning to apply for 2012 entry. It seems really hard for us graduates.. I'm a dentist who graduated in july, but want to do Maxfacs so need to do medicine.. any general advice guys????
    Good luck to all those applying for this year :-D

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited to finally find a thread like this!

I've applied to:

Birmingham (4 year) - interview 17th January
    Leicester (4 year) - acknowledged and asked for a full work CV and a reference from my current employer
    Liverpool (4 year) - acknowledged and asked for a copy of my degree certificate and all my transcript marks
    Southampton (4 year) - acknowledged

Has anyone else heard from any of these?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_bull)
    Leicester (4 year) - acknowledged and asked for a full work CV and a reference from my current employer
    Oooh, what's that all about then? What's your job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_bull)

I've applied to:

Birmingham (4 year) - interview 17th January
    Liverpool (4 year) - acknowledged and asked for a copy of my degree certificate and all my transcript marks
    Southampton (4 year) - acknowledged

Has anyone else heard from any of these?
    Sounds promising! When did you hear from Leicester?? Being slightly nervous here as haven't heard anything yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DexterM)
    Oooh, what's that all about then? What's your job?
    Leicester require applicants to have worked full time for a year plus in a health related position so one assumes they're asking the op for the proof of this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apotoftea)
    Leicester require applicants to have worked full time for a year plus in a health related position so one assumes they're asking the op for the proof of this
    I've been to my Leicester 4 year interview already and they didn't ask me for proof. What is your job op?

ReputationRep:
    Aye, I've applied for Leicester 4 year too, just wondering why they're asking for more info from the poster. I haven't been asked for anything yet I wondered if perhaps the poster had an unusual job role and they needed more clarification.

Cheers though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strodders)
    I've been to my Leicester 4 year interview already
    Oh crap. I didn't know they'd already given out GEP interviews. I feel a bit sick.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, I've applied for Leicester 4 year too, just wondering why they're asking for more info from the poster. I haven't been asked for anything yet I wondered if perhaps the poster had an unusual job role and they needed more clarification.

Cheers though
    Ooo didn't know you'd applied to Leicester? Have you been doing anything exciting? Keep the faith though!

ReputationRep:
    Ooo didn't know you'd applied to Leicester? Have you been doing anything exciting? Keep the faith though!
    I only have a year and a half of full time health care assistant type stuff, not particularly exciting! It's hard to keep the faith today for some reason. Maybe I should get off medicine forums for a bit, lol.

ReputationRep:
    If I dont hear from Kings within the next week for an MMI..lets just say disappointed will be an understatement

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Is there anyone here that has an interview for Oxford GEM?

ReputationRep:
    Oh crap. I didn't know they'd already given out GEP interviews. I feel a bit sick.
    We were the first group, and I was told by one of the current GEP students that they wouldn't be interviewing anyone else til after Christmas, though I dunno how reliable this is? In any case I wouldn't worry.

In terms of your year and a half HCA type stuff, I'd have thought you'd be fine. Although there were trained nurses, physios, pharmacists and radiographers there, there were also others who'd been HCAs for six months or so.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I think my interview went terribly, so that'll work in your favour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strodders)
    We were the first group, and I was told by one of the current GEP students that they wouldn't be interviewing anyone else til after Christmas, though I dunno how reliable this is? In any case I wouldn't worry.

In terms of your year and a half HCA type stuff, I'd have thought you'd be fine. Although there were trained nurses, physios, pharmacists and radiographers there, there were also others who'd been HCAs for six months or so.
    Thankyou for the reply I'm sure your interview wasn't that bad. We are all very critical of ourselves, and tend to focus on the small mistakes while ignoring the positives. Try not to worry too much, I reckon you did much better than you think.

ReputationRep:
    Hello. My first post. Here goes:

Imperial (GEM): interview 30/11/10
    Oxford (GEM): rejection
    King's (GEM 4 year): Acknowledgment
    Bart's (GEM): Acknowledgement

UKCAT: 757 average
    degree: Natural Sciences, Cambridge (2.1)

Going mad waiting for King's and Bart's. Any offers/ rejections for anyone yet? Getting mixed messages from King's really. On the phone they said I'd hear before xmas, but the same day (10th dec) got a letter saying "please don't worry if you don't hear from us, some people don't get interviewed til april"- I presume april is for 5 year consideration. Which also makes me think they're not considering me for 4 year, as otherwise why would they bother wasting paper with that letter?

I asked Barts when we would hear about interviews. Annoyingly, their email said "we can't discuss interviews with any applicants".

Anyone else had an interview at Imperial yet- how was it? i fear mine was, erm, rubbish, really.

ReputationRep:
    I think Barts/Warwick will hear by the end of January.

ETA: I wish Imperial would just reject me. I'm obviously not getting in so why don't they just put me out of my misery..

ReputationRep:
    hey gus am new to this

umm could the people who has applied tell me what degrees they have before applying to medicine. OH and is it possible to borrow a loan to pay for the tuition fess also how do you apply for the BMAT test and do you need to get references from the university you went to.

Thank youuuuuu.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.