Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are the lower classes poorer, less intelligent, uglier and fatter? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    The lower classes tend to be less attractive in all countries. The real question is why are the upper classes so horsey faced? At times I struggle to distinguish between them and their ponies.
    So by process of elimination, the middle-classes are the most aesthetically pleasing

OP, what kind of television do you watch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    So by process of elimination, the middle-classes are the most aesthetically pleasing

OP, what kind of television do you watch?
    Mainly BBC 4, I also really enjoy high brow documentaries, the sopranos, the wire, and Mad Men. The Red Riding trilogy was also quite good.

Yeah the middle classes are awesome. But not the ones who read the Daily Mail. I like the organic food eating, latte slurping, guardian reading type who buy Apple products and claim to have a conscience. I feel I fit well into this category even though I am a preposterous snob. That aside I think they have the coziest lifestyle and a smug sense of social superiority that is based on values and lifestyle rather than material wealth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poem boy)
    Mainly BBC 4, I also really enjoy high brow documentaries, the sopranos, the wire, and Mad Men. The Red Riding trilogy was also quite good.

Yeah the middle classes are awesome. But not the ones who read the Daily Mail. I like the organic food eating, latte slurping, guardian reading type who buy Apple products and claim to have a conscience. I feel I fit well into this category even though I am a preposterous snob. That aside I think they have the coziest lifestyle and a smug sense of social superiority that is based on values and lifestyle rather than material wealth.
    I'm trying to figure out which way your rep will go first, your posts seem to vary in calibre.

ReputationRep:
    I understand you are quite obviously a troll, but i feel that i must highlight some shortcomings of your thread.

Why are the lower classes poorer, less intelligent, uglier and fatter?
    You haven't stated what you mean by "lower"
    - in relation to what? Perhaps "working class" might have been a more appropriate and all-round less ignorant term.

Seriously what's up with them.
    I think we all know you should have used a question mark here. Just press shift + the squiggly button.

No on likes chavs and they are out breeding the middle and upper classes who what make Britain a semi worthwhile country.
    Oh god, now this is simply a minefield of grammatical and spelling mistakes. May i point out the correct spelling of "no one". Additionally, your lack of hyphens in the term "out-breeding" (if this is even a term to be taken seriously) means it appears as if you think "chavs" are out, and between them, somehow breeding a generation of home-bred "middle and upper(-)*classes". Perhaps "out" in the countryside? Also: "upper classes who what make Britain a semi worthwhile country" your pluralisation of 'classes' creates an idea of multiple classes. Oops, you missed another hyphen, and "who what make" is simply a disaster of a phrase.

If it keeps on going on at this rate 90% of the nation will watch I'm a celebrity and X factor.
    FASCINATING statistic - is this based on real trend increase and mathematical prediction?
    By the way by lower class, I do not mean working class. I am talking about the people who go on Jeremy Kyle and live off benefits, end up in prison and the chavs who menace people in town centres.
    I understand this is a feeble attempt at a sort of disclaimer, to somehow dilute your ignorance - however, as with the rest of your ramblings, it has failed miserably. Not are we talking two discreet categories here? Either: Jeremy-kyle fans who for one reason or another claim benefits OR "chavs" who menace the town centres? How about a jeremy Kyle fan who DOESN'T live off benefits yet chooses to menace the occupants of town centres? And is it JUST town centres they must menace - how about train stations or bus shelters?

Really, i find your theory really rather inconsistent.

(Oh, and you didn't mention your reasoning for the "fat" and "ugly" label - care to elaborate?)

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks grammar Nazi, I wrote it on my iPhone while walking to the Grand Place in the middle of Brussels on my lunch break. I can't believe you were sad enough to actually go through the whole post to point out the grammatical errors. You are worse than my Grandfather who was an English Literature professor.

(Original post by knockknockscratch)
    I understand you are quite obviously a troll, but i feel that i must highlight some shortcomings of your thread.

You haven't stated what you mean by "lower"
    - in relation to what? Perhaps "working class" might have been a more appropriate and all-round less ignorant term.

I think we all know you should have used a question mark here. Just press shift + the squiggly button.

Oh god, now this is simply a minefield of grammatical and spelling mistakes. May i point out the correct spelling of "no one". Additionally, your lack of hyphens in the term "out-breeding" (if this is even a term to be taken seriously) means it appears as if you think "chavs" are out, and between them, somehow breeding a generation of home-bred "middle and upper(-)*classes". Perhaps "out" in the countryside? Also: "upper classes who what make Britain a semi worthwhile country" your pluralisation of 'classes' creates an idea of multiple classes. Oops, you missed another hyphen, and "who what make" is simply a disaster of a phrase.

FASCINATING statistic - is this based on real trend increase and mathematical prediction?

I understand this is a feeble attempt at a sort of disclaimer, to somehow dilute your ignorance - however, as with the rest of your ramblings, it has failed miserably. Not are we talking two discreet categories here? Either: Jeremy-kyle fans who for one reason or another claim benefits OR "chavs" who menace the town centres? How about a jeremy Kyle fan who DOESN'T live off benefits yet chooses to menace the occupants of town centres? And is it JUST town centres they must menace - how about train stations or bus shelters?

Really, i find your theory really rather inconsistent.

(Oh, and you didn't mention your reasoning for the "fat" and "ugly" label - care to elaborate?)

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously what's up with them. They are a total embarrassment to this country. No on likes chavs and they are out breeding the middle and upper classes who what make Britain a semi worthwhile country.

If it keeps on going on at this rate 90% of the nation will watch I'm a celebrity and X factor.

By the way by lower class, I do not mean working class. I am talking about the people who go on Jeremy Kyle and live off benefits, end up in prison and the chavs who menace people in town centres.
    A thousand years of serfdom does that to people. Check out african-american stats in america. They had it for about 400 years. Poor people in britain were essentially slaves until about the 16th century.

Go figure.

ReputationRep:
    Oi, Dip****. [OP]

A good friend of mine has a Dad who is going through surgery because of a brain tumor and a mum who works as a dinner lady. They receive substantial amounts of benefits?
    You would think their offspring would be ugly, less intelligent and fat yes?

Right, so explain to me how he is a World champion Diver, brought home two gold medals from this years commonwealth games in Delhi despite having only just recovered from an injury? No? Perhaps 8 A*s will change your mind instead?

All able bodied people are well within their means to improve themselves and I hate the people who do not try to improve themselves. But I equally hate people who try to belittle those below them, as it only makes their situation seem more hopeless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocassus)
    Oi, Dip****. [OP]

A good friend of mine has a Dad who is going through surgery because of a brain tumor and a mum who works as a dinner lady. They receive substantial amounts of benefits?
    You would their offspring would be ugly, less intelligent and fat yes?

Right, so explain to me how he is a World champion Diver, brought home two gold medals from this years commonwealth games in Delhi despite having only just recovered from an injury? No? Perhaps 8 A*s will change your mind instead?

All able bodied people are well within their means to improve themselves and I hate the people who do not try to improve themselves. But I equally hate people who try to belittle those, as it only makes their situation seem more hopeless.
    Correct.

ReputationRep:
    You obviously havnt understood my point one bit. I'm talking about broken families and feral youth. Sounds like the father has a good reason to be on benefits.

(Original post by Ocassus)
    Oi, Dip****. [OP]

You would their offspring would be ugly, less intelligent and fat yes?

All able bodied people are well within their means to improve themselves and I hate the people who do not try to improve themselves. But I equally hate people who try to belittle those below them, as it only makes their situation seem more hopeless.

ReputationRep:
    You obviously havnt understood my point one bit. I'm talking about broken families and feral youth. Sounds like the father has a good reason to be on benefits.
    Define Broken families? Because that just seems like a spin word. You are not helping the issue by talking down to people...

ReputationRep:
    your obviously not as intelligent as you seem to think you are or you wouldn't make such a huge generalization.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieNIN)
    your obviously not as intelligent as you seem to think you are or you wouldn't make such a huge generalization.
    I have an IQ of 102

ReputationRep:
    I have an IQ of 102
    How high is Hawking's IQ? The physicist replied that he didn't know. "People who boast about their IQ are losers," he said.

ReputationRep:
    you know poor people know there are more important things than clothes and make up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwihoney)
    you know poor people know there are more important things than clothes and make up...
    Like going to the bookies and off license.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously what's up with them. They are a total embarrassment to this country. No on likes chavs and they are out breeding the middle and upper classes who what make Britain a semi worthwhile country.

You are posting unintelligent content, so that must mean you are ugly, poor, and fat.
    According to your theory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    How high is Hawking's IQ? The physicist replied that he didn't know. "People who boast about their IQ are losers," he said.
    lol 102 is the lower end of average.

not that iq means much beyond how well you fit shapes together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    The real question is why are the upper classes so horsey faced? At times I struggle to distinguish between them and their ponies.
    umm inverse snobbery much? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miu-Miu)
    umm inverse snobbery much? :rolleyes:
    Neigh, you misunderstand me.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't take away from the fact that more lower class people commits more crimes in the UK.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.