Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff :yy:

Kettlebells are awesome, are you still training DC ?

(Original post by Guvnor)
    Good stuff :yy:

Kettlebells are awesome, are you still training DC ?

Aye they are well worth the money, very versatile can do anything with them.

Yes but I'm not fully into it yet because I keep getting distractions! As I said above going to hit the gym and food hard for the next few months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commandant)
    Aye they are well worth the money, very versatile can do anything with them.

Yes but I'm not fully into it yet because I keep getting distractions! As I said above going to hit the gym and food hard for the next few months
    Aye, good luck mate, will be following.

:yy:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Nice vid. The introduction of deodorant at about 5 mins is inspirational. :yy:

(Original post by RNBen)
    Nice vid. The introduction of deodorant at about 5 mins is inspirational. :yy:
    lol I was sweating like jacko in a nursey

ReputationRep:
    haha, what are your goals now? Competing any time soon? I'm still torn between programmes - Sunday when I defo start and stick to one 8 weeks min.

(Original post by redbuthotter)
    haha, what are your goals now? Competing any time soon? I'm still torn between programmes - Sunday when I defo start and stick to one 8 weeks min.
    nah mate not for a while I don't think. Goals at the moment are to get a cracking body for holiday in June

fcuked. Did some cardio on empty stomach.

60sec intervals with 20kg kettlebell, as many reps as possible

Front squat
    Clean and press
    Between legs
    High pulls
    Snatches
    Swings

Swings at the end really finish you off, I'm very unfit lol.

Hopefully doing high intensity stuff like this most mornings will really boost my metabolism and ill be eating even more, plus burning some quality fat

ReputationRep:
    High intensity stuff in the mornings on a empty stomach is a killer, played football the other day with a few younger ones on empty stomach and afterwards I felt like I had a 6 pack :lol: Good stuff though nonetheless.

(Original post by Guvnor)
    High intensity stuff in the mornings on a empty stomach is a killer, played football the other day with a few younger ones on empty stomach and afterwards I felt like I had a 6 pack :lol: Good stuff though nonetheless.
    I've been so hungry today, even after massive meals. Easily get more food down me. Works a treat

Okay first session back in over a week, going to be very dedicated for the next few months with both training and diet

Today was Upper

Some of the exercises I have already done in the past few weeks, so I have to beat the damn log book!!

Incline Dumbbell Press

35kg dumbells

13/4/3

I wasn't planning on doing dumbbells, but I haven't got a spotter most of the time, so I think ill replace the incline bench with incline dumbbells instead.

Was okay, up the weight next time

Tate Press

25kg dumbbells

6/2/2

Last record in log book was 22.5kg for 10/4/3. In hindsight I should have kept on the 22.5s and gone for at least 12 reps. Oh well

Some Tricep Pulldowns

....just for good measure

Military Press

52.5kg

11/2/2

I'm **** at pressing, enough said

Lat Pull Down Cable Machine

70kg

13/5/3

Will up the weight next time on these

Kroc Row

50kg

Right Arm: 15/5/2
    Left Arm: 15/3/5

Last record was 13 each arm so had that. I would say up the weight next time but I cant, so Ill go for 17 instead.

On the second mini set for the left arm I only got 3 when I should have matched the right arm, I was pis5ed and somehow (god knows how) managed to get 5 on the last. Battle between left and right...

Think that's it. Some stretching in there too

Just some quick ab exercises

Crunches
    +9kg x 10
    +4.5kg x 10
    +0 x 10

Lying Leg Raises
    +4.5kg x 10
    +0 x 10

Side bends
    for right, then left:
    +32kg x 10
    +20kg x 10
    +9kg x 10
    +4.5kg x 10
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hey man, first of all, good to see you're fit and well again. What do Tate Presses work? From the movement it looks as if they work both forearm and tris?

(Original post by RNBen)
    Hey man, first of all, good to see you're fit and well again. What do Tate Presses work? From the movement it looks as if they work both forearm and tris?
    Thanks and not really the forearms, it's a great tricep exercise

edit: though many people don't do them as they complain of pain in the elbows, I don't get that though

Supposed to squat, but back gone again. Physio will be booked for next week

Seated Hammer Strength Hammie Curl

50kg

15/4/3

Leg Press

Worked up to

7 25 plates a side for 8 reps

Alternating seated dumbbell curl

20kg dumbbells

16/8/6

Barbell Curl

13/6/4

Lying Ham Curl

40kg x 20

50 x 10

Leg Extension

50kg x 20

Calve Machine

Few things

ReputationRep:
    Whats the x/y/z notation mean? I just woke up/too lazy to read through and find the answer.

(Original post by redbuthotter)
    Whats the x/y/z notation mean? I just woke up/too lazy to read through and find the answer.

first set, 10 secs break, 2nd, 10 seconds break, 3rd

all failure

My girlfriend couldn't make the gym so I didn't have a decent spot, so had to change up the exercises a bit.

Smith incline

Last log - 90 for 10 / 3 / 2 1/2

Today: 92.5 for 10/2/2

Nice improvement, up the weight again next time to 95

Rack Chins

Last log - +10kg for 10/6/1

Today: - +15kg for 10 / 3 / 1

Up the weight again next time

Push Press

First time doing these

60kg for 8 / 3 / 2

Probably stay on this again next time and get 10-12 reps

V -Bar Pulldown

Last log: 70kg for 15/5/3

Today: 75kg for 15/7/3

Again another nice improvement, up the weight again next week

Chest Stretch

20kg for 50ish seconds

Incline Smith CGBP

First time

80kg 8 / 4 / 3

Going to go freeweight next time, prefer it

Tricep Stretch

8kg for 1 min each

All in all a nice session, improvements on all the exercises I had logs for so that's good. Pumped to **** and had a vest on, every ****er staring so that's a good thing

Sorted my diet too, keeping it at a clean 4000 calories every day, apart from weekends where I go back home to work and time is generally jumbled so I can't really stick to a diet then. 500 calories above my TDEE so should lean bulk nicely

physio booked for Friday, lets hope she works wonders

(Original post by commandant)
      physio booked for Friday, lets hope she works wonders
      How do you weighted rack chins? Do you basically just put the plate on your legs?

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2012
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.