UEA
    UCL
    York
    Aberdeen
    Edinburgh
    Nottingham
    Loughbrough
    LSE

You're probably wondering why Cambridge isn't there.
    Cambridge is 12th. TVU is 11th.

What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    :blah: Insane ramblings
    You do really need to realise that Abderdeen isn't the best university in Scotland. I, and most sane, rational people would definitely rate Edinburgh and St Andrews high above Aberdeen, and Glasgow possibly slightly lower than those two, but still above Aberdeen. For Business/Accountsy type courses, Strathclyde whoops Aberdeen's ass, although Aberdeen is probably the better university.

Look, don't get me wrong, Aberdeen is a good university, it's a good Scottish ancient, but to say it's on par with places like Edinburgh, St Andrews, Imperial, UCL, and even Oxford as I think you tried to say earlier by posting pics of them side by side is just ludicrous. You need to get your head checked, Aberdeen's good, and you did well to get there, but it's not great, and I think it's about time you came to realise that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)

What?
    What's wrong with it? Seems pretty standard really. I mean, I guess you could replace LSE with KCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)
    in general - reputation - employability ..
    Depends on the course, but generally (which to me doesn't make any point) it would be as follows:

* Cambridge
    * Oxford
    * UCL
    * Imperial
    * St Andrews
    * Bristol
    * LSE
    * Durham
    * Bath
    * Warwick

ReputationRep:
    Queens University Belfast is very nice in terms of aesthetics, that should definitely be up there.

:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    What's wrong with it? Seems pretty standard really. I mean, I guess you could replace LSE with KCL.
    Why with KCL ? Lol.

UEA, Aberdeen, Loughborough... right

All have their positives but those positives do not give them a place in the top 10, imo.

ReputationRep:
    UCL
    Cambridge
    Oxgord
    Imperial
    LSE
    Manchester
    Warwick
    Bristol
    Kings College London
    Durham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Why with KCL ? Lol.

UEA, Aberdeen, Loughborough... right

All have their positives but those positives do not give them a place in the top 10, imo.
    You're from KCL, I had assumed you were so angry with my inclusion of your rival UCL, that my failure to include you was an oversight too far, and rather than remove any of the others, I took out the weakest one, LSE.

UEA's graduate prospects are amongst the best overall.
    Aberdeen is in Scotland.
    Loughborough... I know a girl who goes there, she likes it.

Enough positives for you?

ReputationRep:
    Oxford/ Cambridge
    LSE
    Imperial
    UCL
    Warwick
    St. Andrews
    Durham
    Edinburgh
    York

Not in my opinion, that is fact.

Just realised I managed to apply to all the top non- Russell Group unis lol; how did that happen?

ReputationRep:
    LSE is great for the courses they offer, but I wouldn't rank it in top ten overall.

ReputationRep:

Code:
    (9998)(9999)                                  TVU                                                        United Kingdom
    (9999)(9998)                                  Oxford                                                    United Kingdom
    I think you'll find this is somewhat more accurate.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Depends, Southampton usually isn't in the top 10, but it's the third best in the country for Modern Foreign Languages so it can depend by department too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)

Code:
    (9998)(9999)                                  TVU                                                        United Kingdom
    (9999)(9998)                                  Oxford                                                    United Kingdom
    That ranking is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)
    Depends on the course, but generally (which to me doesn't make any point) it would be as follows:

* Cambridge
    * Oxford
    * UCL
    * Imperial
    * St Andrews
    * Bristol
    * LSE
    * Durham
    * Bath
    * Warwick
    How can you place UCL, St Andrews, Bristol and Bath over LSE and Warwick?

KCL over LSE? :eek:

Honestly, TSR kids' view is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    That ranking is a joke.
    That's rather the point.

ReputationRep:
    You're from KCL, I had assumed you were so angry with my inclusion of your rival UCL, that my failure to include you was an oversight too far, and rather than remove any of the others, I took out the weakest one, LSE.

UEA's graduate prospects are amongst the best overall.
    Aberdeen is in Scotland.
    Loughborough... I know a girl who goes there, she likes it.

Enough positives for you?
    I didn't ask for positives. What I meant was that the fact that a university may have a strength in one particular area does not automatically give it a place in the top 10. A person liking the fact that they go to a university is certainly not a criteria by which to place a university up there - yes the top 10 is subjective in many ways but that's just a load of ****. I know someone who enjoys studying at Huddersfield University - so that means Huddersfield should be in the top 10, right?

And tbh, I'm not bothered about the rivalry between KCL and UCL - both have their strengths in certain subjects and both are overall good. UCL is better, I'm not gonna deny, but frankly I don't really give a **** if KCL isn't in your top 10, considering how jumbled up your top 10 is anyway :teehee:

ReputationRep:

Code:
    Rofl!
    See, I knew I liked you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LutherVan)

Sorry, forgot to mention: It is in no particular order. Just the top 10.

ReputationRep:
    That's rather the point.
    I apologise then. I thought it was someone just citing yet another ranking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LutherVan)

And yet, I'm an adult.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.