Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hello sexxxiii wanna hook up 2nite??? ;) - the demise of gentlemen Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    folk

im appalled at the lack of gentlemenliness in todays society.

well if this is true it is because women are no longer ladies. men do what we do to get women. women can therefore set the rules. if they are easy why would we try. i personally have tried to be gentlemanly and it doesn't work anyway. you are treated like a stuck up fool or ignored.

politeness itself has gone. 9/10 will ignore you when you say hello of good morning to them when you pass them in the street. it's a sad state of affairs, but with the internet social skills are on the decline and only likely to decline further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been a gentleman for as long as I can remember. Where's that got me with women?

****ing nowhere.
    i absolutely agree with this person, but then again i haven't been "tryin' 2 get it on wit a' chick"

I'm sorry, i can't type nor speak this slanguage street talk to save my life

ReputationRep:
    Love how you kept reiterating that you're classy, OP.

ReputationRep:
    well im certainly NOT 'sexxii', 'fooiinne', 'hawt' or 'bangin' and no dude is gonna get fresh with me, thinkin he can buy his way into my pants with a pizza hut buffet

ReputationRep:
    Yes, maybe, but the problem is that girls tend to go for such crass, classless morons that being a "gentleman" or a "nice guy" gets you nowhere. All the **** that you would think would get you somewhere gets you a lifetime pass to the friend zone...

ReputationRep:
    because they think it will get them laid and/or it has got them laid in the past.

Being a Gentleman just isn't sexy. Simple as.

ReputationRep:
    well im certainly NOT 'sexxii', 'fooiinne', 'hawt' or 'bangin' and no dude is gonna get fresh with me, thinkin he can buy his way into my pants with a pizza hut buffet
    Please stop being such a snob and stop constantly reiterating that you're classy. We get it. If you stopped saying it for one minute you'd hear the deafening sound of noone caring.

I find it impossible to believe that one minute you're talking to a guy who you think is of a reasonable intellect; a day later, or a few hours later, he is an inarticulate moron. It just doesn't work like that. And the stereotype of a "pizza hut buffet" is insulting and boring. If girl actually acted like they wanted to be courted, be treated well (and by that I mean more than just being bought ****) and liked a guy opening a conversation, engaging in a dialogue, showing some-what's the word?-respect, I guess, or perhaps a lack of instantaneous intimacy, they may just get "gentlemanly" behaviour....

ReputationRep:
    I have "gentlemenliness"

:hat2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    Love how you kept reiterating that you're classy, OP.
    This. "Methinks the lady doth protest too much."

ReputationRep:
    But are you classy, OP?

ReputationRep:
    my court ship routine is as follows:

whip out the 3310 and text "yo b, mannz got a free yard still". where I live, oxford, everyone talks like that.

ReputationRep:
    Only hot sophisticated girls receive that sort of A-Class game.

Those sort of girls are too busy to make threads like these.

cheers, now I know how to text women becasue the alternative has got me nowhere

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Lol, maybe its the type of guy you meet?. I never text anyone in the way you mention. But then again, i'm always single, women prefer the ones who send texts on the lines of:

sexxiii whatcha doin??wanna hang tom nite lolzz? meet 4 dinna yea?? ;-)) xox'

Any whats with the use of the word dude ???. Do classy ladies call men dudes ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    They obviously all think you look like a whore.
    Par

ReputationRep:
    The reason you don't get asked out by gentlemen, is because we are often ignored so much by women/considered as nothing more than friends, that we aren't secure enough to simply walk up to a someone on the street and ask for their number.

ReputationRep:
    Lol

You're meeting the wrong people.

Even if sexy was spelt right... its still cringeworthy to text 'hi sexy..............'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NothingCrushesUs)
    The reason you don't get asked out by gentlemen, is because we are often ignored so much by women/considered as nothing more than friends, that we aren't secure enough to simply walk up to a someone on the street and ask for their number.

(Original post by Lionslayer)
    i absolutely agree with this person, but then again i haven't been "tryin' 2 get it on wit a' chick"

I'm sorry, i can't type nor speak this slanguage street talk to save my life

(Original post by KingMessi)
    Yes, maybe, but the problem is that girls tend to go for such crass, classless morons that being a "gentleman" or a "nice guy" gets you nowhere. All the **** that you would think would get you somewhere gets you a lifetime pass to the friend zone...

(Original post by Rob1000)
    because they think it will get them laid and/or it has got them laid in the past.

Being a Gentleman just isn't sexy. Simple as.
    I would absolutely love to be with a gentleman. In fact, i'm holding out for a gentleman. I don't care if i spend years alone before i meet one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoshniDiya)
    I would absolutely love to be with a gentleman. In fact, i'm holding out for a gentleman. I don't care if i spend years alone before i meet one!
    Good on you, or do you read too much Jane Austen?

ReputationRep:
    what self respecting woman owuld allow themself to be texted in that way??
    The same self respecting woman that gave her number out in the first place.

But yes, there are still gentlemen about in the world. It's just that society no longer has need for them.

I'm out of a bloody job, I tell you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.