Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if you met a burglar in your house? Watch

• View Poll Results: What would you do if you met a burglar in your house?
    Give in to the demands of the burglar to keep yourself (and possibly others) safe.
    14.93%
    Physically attack the burglar and then call the police.
    60.70%
    Run as fast as you can and call the police.
    11.94%
    Scream loudly to alert people of the situation.
    9.95%
    Faint.
    2.49%

ReputationRep:
    What people think they would do or would want to do under such circumstances is not necessarily what the would actually do if put in that situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    Attack the burglar utilising the baseball bat I keep at the side of my bed for such eventualities.
    Ditto. Except I've got a thick wooden hockey stick (despite never playing the game) instead of a baseball bat.

ReputationRep:
    In all honestly it would depend.

If he/they had a weapon then I will probably comply while privetly thinking of what to do in my head.

If he/they had no weapon I gaurantee no matter how big the mother****er is, **** will be going down.(especially if my mum was around)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Ditto. Except I've got a thick wooden hockey stick (despite never playing the game) instead of a baseball bat.
    Mine's a metal curtain rail with a glass ball on the end. (smashy, smashy :spank:)

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, my life and the lives of my family is worth a lot more than whatever they are trying to steal, therefore I wouldn't confront them physically unless they attacked first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamijack)
    Mine's a metal curtain rail with a glass ball on the end. (smashy, smashy :spank:)
    Ahh, I used to have a metal pole somewhere but it disappeared and I never saw it again :rip:

ReputationRep:
    I have a fake gun that looks very realistic that I keep next to my bed. If anyone came in and I was alone I'd stay sat in my room holding the gun, if my mum was at home I'd go and confront the burglar, if they have no weapons, I would hold the fake gun up and say "sit down until the police get here or I'll shoot you" if they had weapons either let them take what they want or somehow try and get a knife from my kitchen and see if I'm lucky. Although, if my daddy was at home, he'd kill the burglar :P

ReputationRep:
    Ask him if he needed a hand of if I could get him a cup of tea.

ReputationRep:
    Throw my office chair down the stairs at him.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally, I'd kick their arse brutally, and **** the consequences. I'm WILLING to go to prison for killing an intruder. Of course, one would rather avoid it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death.)
    Hello mortals.

Recenly my friend was walking home, and while he was just outside of his house he heard the sound of smashing glass. He walked out of his driveway and saw two burglars run away from his house as fast as they could.

They had nearly gained entry to his house with a hammer by smashing a window. They left when they heard him coming and thankfully there was no confrontation.

This left me wondering however, imagine if a burglar confronted/threatened/ or tried to hit you, what would you do?

Would you physically attack him? Comply with all his demands? Just scream?

I would opt for phyiscally attacking him however this would probably have many legal repercussions...

What do you think?
    if da burglar was a woman den standard id let them burgle my supposed virginity. but dem if it was a guy rite i wudl BUST HIM UP DIRTY, man not comming down into my yard yea and givn me grief, man givn me respect, i burgle him back otherwise da toothfairy gunna be doing nightshifts you get me. dunno.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottomchops)
    i would probably find the whole experience enormously arousing and attempt to have sexual intercourse with it.
    high five!

ReputationRep:
    attack making sure suitable injury has occured then wait few minutes maybe have a cuppa then phone the police while waitin make another cuppa and pull up a chair and use him as a foot rest till the police have arrived, maybe plant a weapon on the person

ReputationRep:
    I will faint as I have an experience in such situations, once I opened the door of my room realizing that there were one standing behind of the door then I saw a head coming out of the room:eek: I screamed that my voice does not longer exists for may be 1 hour also heard my heart beats on that day.Later, I found that she was my aunt sleeping on the floor behind the door.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Stab him.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on if they're armed or their build.

If they're a big guy with a gun I'd definetly try stay out of the way and call the police, if it was a smaller guy unarmed (or possibly with a knife) I'd try to grab something heavy (lamps, large pieces of wood and a crowbar currently sit in my room at home and would be suitable) and I'd come up behind him and go straight for the back of the head, once he's down depending on how he went down I would hit him once or twice more to make sure he stays down (but not dead or seriously injured I hope) and call the police, disarming him and locking him into the toilet with the key so he's trapped.

Well thats the theory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Exactly this.
    DUDE

SIG IS GENIUS, i just spent about 15 secs working it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomInce6666)
    DUDE

SIG IS GENIUS, i just spent about 15 secs working it out
    Haha, i do like it

ReputationRep:
    im black so they wouldnt even dare, they wouldnt want to mess with my mums slipper and my brothers shank :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    I and people who are not red diper doper babies believe if someone breaks into your house you should be allowed to do anything you want with them. Shoot them,stab them , me I'd sell them. It would be especially lucrative if one of the burglars was a female. Even if she was a druggie, someone would still buy her I reckon.

I read about this case where this burglar stupidly broke into this drug dealers house, the dealer and his mates kept him for a week, he was beaten, tortured , and was ass raped with a toilet plunger. Personally while I believe we should deal with drug dealers like the chinese do, I wouldn't have punished the dealer or his mates at all for that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.