Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Looks vs height vs build vs confidence in a club (for a guy) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    Women are always saying to me " Oh your so tall!"(6'2) It's a great compliment for something that took so many years to achieve.
    The sad thing is that women really are that stupid that they believe it's an achievement or something really special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INTJ)
    Height seems to always be the deal breaker. I know a LOT of women, and height is the only 'requirement' that ALWAYS comes up.
    Exactly. Yet women still have the nerve to say that men are shallower than women. It should be pretty clear to everyone that women are without a doubt a lot more shallow than men are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Nobody is denying that women love men taller than themselves. But how on earth can happiness be determined exclusively by your height!

I am also quite short (5 ft 9) like you and no woman has ever fancied me or ever asked me out and I have never ever had a girlfriend or had a kiss or a snog or sex, since most women are taller than me - but this doesn't mean that I cannot be happy.

For example, I have a really good stimulating job now which pays really well and I am able to afford a nice house in London or a fast car on just my salary. Also I can play sports like footy and cricket and snooker and pool with my male friends and read some really interesting literature and play really enthralling computer games you can really get into - like strategy games such as Empire Total War, Napoleon Total War, Medieval 2 Total War, Rome Total War and also racing games like Gran Turismo, Need 4 Speed, Nascar etc.

There is so much more to life than women. Surely you must have a hobby that you are really passionate about. Like, during university I got into trading stocks and shares and currencies and also snooker and because I worked most evenings I didn't even need to bother socializing with women at all! If you get a good circle of male friends you can simply just ignore women and pretend they don't exist. They will eventually just become colleagues and sometimes friends. I also did lots of exercise and made sure I excelled at study and building my career (but it can be anything you wish) and so removed the need for any women in my life. On Friday and Saturday evenings you can organize big gaming sessions or go motorcycling or have a massive Wii session or PS3 multi-tap with strictly no girls allowed!

Meanwhile women can continue to do their hobbies which often involve dressing skimpily and clubbing and because you are so absorted with your hobbies you won't even care what they are doing. Many women will continue to do this during their 20s and early 30s as they search for a hot, naughty and sexy male partner on their clubbing circuits to have dirty sex with and maybe to marry but many will fail. In their 20s many women are most concerned with a man's height and also with things like whether or not he has a nice hairstyle, his dress sense, his facial hair style and also things like whether he likes similar drinks and also whether he has a good **** for shagging in lots of positions.

But in their 30s many women will become very maternal and start trying more desperately to 'bag themselves a man'. Also there is a saying by that stage that "all the good men are taken". Now if you have played your cards right, by this stage you will have developed a really good career for yourself, be very financially secure and also highly knowledgeable. Many women's radars will go 'beep beep - get that one!!!' when they look at you - and you can even be ostentatious - but then you can just reject them for similarly superficial reasons (by saying they are say, not intelligent enough, not cultured enough, not short enough, or that they do not share the same motivations etc.) and whilst they will snort and growl to their friends about how 'shallow' you are you can sleep well knowing that you are only doing to them what they probably did in their 20s. There will be no way they can force you into going out with them as every day their boobies droop southwards a little bit more.

And by that stage, surely you will be happy. Don't you think?
    Really good post.

About the part in bold: Men really need to become more shallow. We are simply letting women off too easily. They need to have the same amount of pressure put on them as they put on us.
    Most women obviously can't understand logic or rational arguments, which they've proven over and over again, so we have to fight fire with fire - i.e. become more shallow and put more emphasis on their looks and career.
    I know that there are going to be a lot of women interested in me when I reach my 30's, solely because of my wealth and status, and I'm definitely going to reject them and treat them like crap - just as they're doing now to (short) men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bakerzoid)
    Good post, sorry I can't give a more comprehensive reply but I do like the Total War series too . This is what I'm doing with my life at the moment too, just trying to forget about women and pursue other interests. Though a few of the guys I know (straight guys btw lol) have asked me if I'm gay and complain when I don't want to go out to clubs with them every week.

Also, most women are taller than you at 5'9''?
    Many young men place far too much emphasis on women. If a woman who is say 5 ft 3 wears 6 inch heels then she would be the same height - so any woman above 5 ft 3 wearing 6 inch heels would be taller.

Do you really like going 'clubbing', and do you think your male friends really enjoy it? Remember that the music is often very loud in clubs such that it is very difficult to communicate with people. You can get remixes on Youtube playlists and stereos in your home quite easily for house parties and most people (both men and especially women, though many will refuse to admit it) go to clubs for the purpose of seeking attention. This is made especially obvious by the fact that women wear clothing that they would not tend to wear at any other time of the week. Surely you guys have other common interests outside 'clubbing - be it a sport, films, computer games, videogames, gym, etc. You could always try a bar too - it's far easier to communicate in one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    You're right mate, 5"9 isn't freakishly small by any means. You should just go for a smaller girl and it won''t be a problem. I think most men are disappointed going clubbing and looking for women as it doesnt happen. I think when women get maturer they look for well rounded men, i.e good personality, ok looking, intelligent so don't even worry. I know a lot of friends who are tall an dont get much play, all to do with confidence
    I don't go clubbing, but often many smaller girls (say below 5 ft 4) may still have height requirements in prospective male partners say, 6-8 inches in excess of their own. Obviously this is their prerogative, but it is also the prerogative of any male to discriminate on similar traits which the girl cannot change - and also those which they can (i.e. earning potential, hobbies, stage they are at in their career), if they so wish.

ReputationRep:
    None of the above. My main criterion is that the guy is not in a club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Nobody is denying that women love men taller than themselves. But how on earth can happiness be determined exclusively by your height!

I am also quite short (5 ft 9) like you and no woman has ever fancied me or ever asked me out and I have never ever had a girlfriend or had a kiss or a snog or sex, since most women are taller than me - but this doesn't mean that I cannot be happy.

For example, I have a really good stimulating job now which pays really well and I am able to afford a nice house in London or a fast car on just my salary. Also I can play sports like footy and cricket and snooker and pool with my male friends and read some really interesting literature and play really enthralling computer games you can really get into - like strategy games such as Empire Total War, Napoleon Total War, Medieval 2 Total War, Rome Total War and also racing games like Gran Turismo, Need 4 Speed, Nascar etc.

There is so much more to life than women. Surely you must have a hobby that you are really passionate about. Like, during university I got into trading stocks and shares and currencies and also snooker and because I worked most evenings I didn't even need to bother socializing with women at all! If you get a good circle of male friends you can simply just ignore women and pretend they don't exist. They will eventually just become colleagues and sometimes friends. I also did lots of exercise and made sure I excelled at study and building my career (but it can be anything you wish) and so removed the need for any women in my life. On Friday and Saturday evenings you can organize big gaming sessions or go motorcycling or have a massive Wii session or PS3 multi-tap with strictly no girls allowed!

Meanwhile women can continue to do their hobbies which often involve dressing skimpily and clubbing and because you are so absorted with your hobbies you won't even care what they are doing. Many women will continue to do this during their 20s and early 30s as they search for a hot, naughty and sexy male partner on their clubbing circuits to have dirty sex with and maybe to marry but many will fail. In their 20s many women are most concerned with a man's height and also with things like whether or not he has a nice hairstyle, his dress sense, his facial hair style and also things like whether he likes similar drinks and also whether he has a good **** for shagging in lots of positions.

But in their 30s many women will become very maternal and start trying more desperately to 'bag themselves a man'. Also there is a saying by that stage that "all the good men are taken". Now if you have played your cards right, by this stage you will have developed a really good career for yourself, be very financially secure and also highly knowledgeable. Many women's radars will go 'beep beep - get that one!!!' when they look at you - and you can even be ostentatious - but then you can just reject them for similarly superficial reasons (by saying they are say, not intelligent enough, not cultured enough, not short enough, or that they do not share the same motivations etc.) and whilst they will snort and growl to their friends about how 'shallow' you are you can sleep well knowing that you are only doing to them what they probably did in their 20s. There will be no way they can force you into going out with them as every day their boobies droop southwards a little bit more.

And by that stage, surely you will be happy. Don't you think?
    Haha. This guy :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plok)
    Exactly. Yet women still have the nerve to say that men are shallower than women. It should be pretty clear to everyone that women are without a doubt a lot more shallow than men are.
    Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with that. Based on mine, my friends' and others' experiences, there is no comparison; women are usually much more shallow.

ReputationRep:
    All about confidence tbh. Then looks

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I agree that clubs are where the losers go to find sex. Ya can't tell me people enjoy bopping in a crowd to Bob the Builder like they were in Oceana...!?

Go to a Hotel Bar or a nice Bar that isn't crammed with Students or something.

ReputationRep:
    It amuses me that it's mostly men discussing this.

Anyways, if I was looking to pull in a club (which I'm not) I'd say height > looks > build > confidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    You must have a really boring life.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm, butthurt short guy tears, so delicious. Even sweeter than Nice Guy tears :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)

Anyways, if I was looking to pull in a club (which I'm not) I'd say height > looks > build > confidence
    I agree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    zyzz has all 4 :awesome:
    Hate to break it to ya brah, but news has it that he's a Kurd :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bakerzoid)
    I don't think you have really provided an alternative for the men on here. Why go to a club/bar anyway, the chances of pulling anyone for these men are 0 to 1.
    Hotel Bars are ace, not packed and full of hot business Women craving young meat while they are working from Home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinywings)
    Mmm, butthurt short guy tears, so delicious. Even sweeter than Nice Guy tears :coma:
    Lollol - did you read my post? - it's the opposite of 'butthurt'. I'm also trying to convince anyone who even considered being 'butthurt' not to be. I don't think any of the guys on this thread have been tearful at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plok)
    You must have a really boring life.
    On the contrary, the fact that I'm so easily amused makes me find life quite delightful :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.