Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

DAY X: Biggest Student Protests Ever - Be There!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    they are not poorer than urbanised areas, anyhow

So we have narrowed EMA claiments down to students living in rural areas, who have no sixth form or college in their village, and whose parents, who could afford to send them to highschool, have recently lost their jobs, rendering them inable to give students the 10 pound a month for a bus pass
    No we have not. And bus passes cost waaaaay more than a tenner a month.
    And every case is unique....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    I am honestly baffled as to how somebody with your IQ managed to master the complexities of the keyboard.

- So he's smashed in the abdomen with a baton, MINUTES later he dies of internal bleeding localised, where else but, THE ABDOMEN. The whole thing is caught in clear as day video footage and you're seriously suggesting that because he has previously consumed alcohol, the violent impact between a baton and his midriff is merely coincidental.

You are literally the most preposterous little cretin I've ever come across on TSR, and that's saying something.
    :facepalm2: I just give up. You can barely read it seems or understand a basic argument.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebos)
    Dr Nathaniel Cary:

"Cary is often described as the UK's top pathologist, and is known for his work on high-profile cases, including the 2002 Soham murders, the 2007 assassination of Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto, and the 2008 conviction of serial killer Steve Wright."

Cary found that Tomlinson had died because of internal bleeding from blunt force trauma to the abdomen, in association with cirrhosis of the liver. He concluded that Tomlinson had fallen on his elbow, which he said "impacted in the area of his liver causing an internal bleed which led to his death a few minutes later."

Source: Wikipedia

Please do some research before littering TSR with your ironic ramblings about others' alleged ignorance. You're embarrassing yourself and annoying others by hijacking threads with personal arguments.

Ergh god you people are morons. As I said in my other post the fact he was a heavy drinker was the main reason that he died. A blow like that would not have killed a healthy person. Im hardly denying the fact that a cop hit him. Im just saying its hardly deliberate murder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebos)
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20101201/...d-dba1618.html

Thursday 9th December. The day MPs vote on the proposed trebling of university fees. 200,000 students are expected to march through London towards parliament to make their voices heard.

Let's make the 9th the day politicians begin to listen to the people they are meant to represent.
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=136567579732280

Please add this link to your first post, so that people can join!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Ergh god you people are morons. As I said in my other post the fact he was a heavy drinker was the main reason that he died. A blow like that would not have killed a healthy person.
    If I smacked an old person with a baton and they fell and broke their brittle little bones and died I'd still be guilty of their murder regardless of their pre-existing condition, the same as if I zapped someone with a heart condition. The fact that it's self inflicted by alcohol abuse changes nothing, but to be honest I don't think you needed that explained to you since you're clearly just arguing for the sake of it now.
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Im hardly denying the fact that a cop hit him. Im just saying its hardly deliberate murder.
    That would probably be why he said:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    the perpetrator would be found guilty of manslaughter at the very least.

ReputationRep:
    God speed gentlemen(and women). When a party vows to be left and goes to the right it's our right to put up the fight.

ReputationRep:
    The violence at the protests is ridiculous, damaging property and injuring policeman. Where does the money for the repairs come from? should come straight out of the budget for university fee's. You create anger among taxpayers, why do we owe all of you a future? There's no money in the pot. The previous government allowed the spending and the grants, all borrowed coin. What about the armed forces members losing their jobs? or worse not even getting issued the correct equipment because their units can't afford it? university was never easy to attend before labour. The argument agaisn't trident is ridiculous, where will your degree get you when some loosecannon middle eastern country decides its nuke time, we'd have no means of detterent or defence. Peacefully protest and people may or not listen, but causing violence tars you all with the same brush. I personally hope a police snatch squad rips some of these cocky yobs behind the guarded line and gives them some kinetic coaching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_13th)
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=136567579732280

Please add this link to your first post, so that people can join!
    Added.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Ergh god you people are morons. As I said in my other post the fact he was a heavy drinker was the main reason that he died. A blow like that would not have killed a healthy person. Im hardly denying the fact that a cop hit him. Im just saying its hardly deliberate murder.
    How exactly have you arrived at the conclusion that his heavy drinking was the main reason for his death? I have provided you with an extract of the respected pathologist's testimony, who carried out the autopsy. Contrary to your statement, he concluded that the main cause of death was internal bleeding caused by a 'blunt force trauma' to the abdomen, with the contributory factor of cirrhosis of the liver. If you have conducted your own autopsy and reached a different conclusion, by all means, please share with us your findings.

In all seriousness, I'm sorry, but if you honestly think somebody who physically assaulted another person, and thereby played a direct and substantial role in causing their death shouldn't be charged with manslaughter, if not murder, based purely on the fact that the victim had a preexisting medical condition, then it is you, I'm afraid, who is a moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    :facepalm2: I just give up. You can barely read it seems or understand a basic argument.
    Oh I understand your argument perfectly, which is why I can identify it's almost child like deep-rooted flaws. Applying your logic to a hypothetical scenario in which an individual with cystic fibrosis is suffocated with a plastic bag, the perpetrator cannot be tried for murder on the basis the victim already had lung damage. It is absolutely absurd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Maybe of these students wanted to make a real point they would donate money for the policing cost and clean up cost?

That would only be an intelligent comment if it actually would be constructive for us to do that, which it wouldn't.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    That would only be an intelligent comment if it actually would be constructive for us to do that, which it wouldn't.
    Actually it might get the students more public and political support something they are very much lacking in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Actually it might get the students more public and political support something they are very much lacking in

Well no, seeing as we are protesting against paying more, it'd hardly be constructive to go around spending money would it?

And before you say "taxpayers pay for student destruction, blah, blah" - Millbank would (or should at least) be covered by insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carra23gold)
    The argument agaisn't trident is ridiculous, where will your degree get you when some loosecannon middle eastern country decides its nuke time, we'd have no means of detterent or defence. Peacefully protest and people may or not listen, but causing violence tars you all with the same brush. I personally hope a police snatch squad rips some of these cocky yobs behind the guarded line and gives them some kinetic coaching.
    Do you honestly think we'd get a chance to launch a missile if we got nuked. Modern nuclear weapon could be easily big enough to destroy this country. Every country with access to atomic weapons are the ones who we get oil and other energy from. Rule one of business is don't kill your biggest customers.
    The biggest threat to your safety is the nutters in charge of this country.

ReputationRep:
    that is what trident is for you reject. there is always a trident submarine lurking beneath the water somewhere in the world and only a select few people will know where it is. so no matter what damage is caused to the uk it can retaliate. And regards your argument about bite the hand what feeds you? what about iran? they have trade restrictions placed on them anyway, so they cannot trade with alot of the west so would they be particulary intereseted? were talking about a country that is designing suicide bombing attack boats....

ReputationRep:
    If I lived near London...

ReputationRep:
    Nah, instead i'll rely on other people to go to the effort of ensuring that my fees aren't too much when i go to Uni and i'll just stay at home all day, drinking and eating while the poor *******s risk a few punches to the skull.

Tell you what I'm going to do, guys!

Nothing. Because I don't care. Why are you forcing your cause on people who aren't affected in the slightest?
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Nikonfan)
      Do you honestly think we'd get a chance to launch a missile if we got nuked. Modern nuclear weapon could be easily big enough to destroy this country. Every country with access to atomic weapons are the ones who we get oil and other energy from. Rule one of business is don't kill your biggest customers.
      The biggest threat to your safety is the nutters in charge of this country.
      Missile will take at least 15 minutes. Plenty of time for the Prime Minister to send the order to a trident sub in an undisclosed to launch 20 missiles that each split into 3 missiles to wipe out the enemey country.

ReputationRep:
      I reckon we enlist Chuck Norris for the march. Why the **** not.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.