Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ideal Height In A Guy Watch

ReputationRep:
    So the girls head is level with the groin area so in my personal opinion about 6 4

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, everyone wants 5ft 10 inch+

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, being 5'5 I'm somewhat screwed with regards to height. Well at least I make up for it in other ways

ReputationRep:
    I would prefer someone taller than my 5ft 6+a half height.

(the half counts)!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just shy of 5ft 6. And I'm not really going to grow any higher.
    Forever alone, I guess.

The world's smallest violin -> .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    As a 5'10 guy, may I just say I hate 6' guys
    Do you also hate 6'1" guys?

:smug:

ReputationRep:
    A comfortably taller height than myself ideally. Around 6', slightly less I guess. My ex was just a couple of inches taller than me (I'm 5'7'') and was so self conscious about his height that it gave ME a height complex and I've only just started being able to wear heels!

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends on the size of the girl, Im 5'8 so they'd have to be taller than that!

ReputationRep:
    i'm about 5'9. looks like i'm screwed!

ReputationRep:
    Anything more than about an inch to 2 inches taller than me is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graffic)
    Thats pretty reasonable. It sucks hearing "at least 6"" or "6"2 when you are small - medium height. I mean, if I said for a girl "she must have X breast size" I would be pilloried as a sexist ********, because I guess you can't help your breast size. And you can't change your height.

In fact, from a male perspective I can say breasts do not make a woman. Cleavage is obviously attractive, but its just a bonus. It does not hold any sway on how attractive a girl is
    Well girls say that, and that'd be an ideal but the reality is that no gilr is actually going to reject a guy that she otherwise finds really attractive and really likes just because he isn't 6 foot.

The fact is, that being tall is generally considered something that is attractive on guys, so girls will like it, but it's not exactly going to be a deal breaker and being short doesn't make anyone less attractive really.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6'2, and prefer girls around 5'10

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'2" my current bf is 5'9" ish my exes have been 5'6" and 5'8" I have no desire to wear heels so even short guys are taller than me.
    I would probably date a guy shorter than me but I've not met many lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'6/7 so I dont minds as long as they're taller
    x

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me sad.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'2'' ^^

As long as I can kiss him without having to stand on a stool; not fussed.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that there are many men out there with dwarfism and by promoting this attitude you are promoting discrimination. You're also saying that the majority of them are unattractive, horrible people.

And that is abhorrent.
    She didn't say they were horrible people, merely less attractive. I think that's relatively reasonable, though unfortunate.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'2", so anything from 5'5"/5'6" upwards would be fine, since if I wear heels i'm still not taller than them (I very rarely wear very high heels as I can't walk in them )

ReputationRep:
    Sadly you're not alone in you're condescending attitude towards short Men. We get it, ladies love tall men. Were inferior. Great, now **** off and take your prejudices with you
    I'm a short man. Well, relatively short. We're not inferior, at least not in a general sense. I don't think it's reasonable when women stipulate that they'd 'never go for anyone below this height' or 'above that height', but I think expressing a preference is perfectly fine.

ReputationRep:
    tall guys, but if they're too tall it freaks me out. as in, 6' or 6'1 ish would probably be my limit. I'm only 5'3 myself....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.