Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2011 film thread - What are you hyped for? Hotly anticipate films? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Tekken comes out on DVD some point this month at my mates shop, as does Machete. I'd quite like to see both of those.

ReputationRep:
    I will break the chain and I will say...

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS, PART 2.

Oh yeah!

When will the trailer be out?

ReputationRep:
    Super 8. Looking forward to what Abrams has in mind here.

Other than that:

Hangover 2, Contagion and Harry Potter part 2.

Dark Knight Rises will be epic too. 2012 is so far away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sangha236)
    Super 8. Looking forward to what Abrams has in mind here.

Other than that:

Hangover 2, Contagion and Harry Potter part 2.

Dark Knight Rises will be epic too. 2012 is so far away.
    I've heard about Super 8, will it be a Cloverfied Dawn of the Dead of something like that? You never know with JJ, I still haven't quite grasped Lost!

(Original post by Xristina)

Oh yeah!

It'll probs be out in May sometimes, when people start to gear up for the summer blockbusters! Makes sense really!

(Original post by yokabasha)
    Oooh there's so many but the Dark Knight Rises, Tintin: secret of the Unicorn and of course this bad boy Monsters Inc 2!!
    Monsters Inc. 2 will be immense! I miss those little alien creature type things!

ReputationRep:
    The Hobbit
    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    Hangover 2
    Moneyball
    The Dark Knight Rises
    Tintin

• PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2...

Did that question really need to be asked?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the next Harry Potter, Rio, Pirates of the Caribbean 4, Cars 2 & maybe Kung Fu Panda 2 xD Btw, Monsters Inc 2 isn't out until 2012

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter
    Monsters Inc. 2

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part II
    Winnie the Pooh (if it's out, I haven't seen it.)
    and a bunch of others I can't remember.

ReputationRep:
    The Great Gatsby

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xristina)

Oh yeah!

They finished filming it not long ago. Special Effects to add + edit and then we'll be on our way!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzo)
    Definitely the next Harry Potter, Rio, Pirates of the Caribbean 4, Cars 2 & maybe Kung Fu Panda 2 xD Btw, Monsters Inc 2 isn't out until 2012
    I can see the Pirates of Caribbean being a disaster :no:

ReputationRep:
    It seems Harry Potter is a winner here.... Anybody for some other films they are looking forward to?

ReputationRep:
    Thor looks kinda crappy, in my opinion... Anyways, my two (or ten) cents:

Michael Fassbender is really churning 'em out... He's so gorgeous and talented, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing him in X-Men: First Class, Jane Eyre and A Dangerous Method (Fassbender + Viggo Mortensen + Keira Knightley = c'est parfait).

Also, Hanna with Saoirse Ronan looks intriguing. & Dark Knight (loove Joseph Gordon-Levitt :blush:) and the next Star Trek installment should be epic. Also looking forward to Superman and Spiderman (lots of superhero stuff..! ) I think Superman is especially worth checking out because it's got a handsome leading man (nothing unexpected there :rolleyes: and Amy Adams, who was wonderful in Enchanted). And that spoof medieval movie with Natalie Portman and James Franco looks like a romp

Another film which is hardly showing now but relatively new is Brighton Rock, and I really want to watch that, but will probs have to rent. I've just 'discovered' Andrea Riseborough recently though after watching her in The Devil's Whore and she is absolutely faultless as an actress; so definitely looking forward to seeing her as Wallis Simpson in W - directed by Madonna(!)

Yup it's shaping up to be a pretty hot film season!

edit: How could I ever forget HP?!?!? And I have to add Twilight #4 to my list as well... only watching it for the lulz, mind

edit 2: How could I forget The Hobbit!?? And Tintin eh. I enjoyed the books, but can't see how it can translate well to the big screen. Ah well, guess when the trailer comes out I will enlightened

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmon93)
    The Great Gatsby
    Exciting times; I forgot about this! I loved the book though :blushing: Who's in this film, do you know?

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter Part 2
    Ahhh soo excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    The Hobbit
    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    Hangover 2
    Moneyball
    The Dark Knight Rises
    Tintin

I suspect the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" American style will not have the inherent darkness of the Swedish version.

I am similarly awaiting next year's "Tinker, Tailor" but I am unsure if the original TV series can be surpassed and suspect I will end up disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II (2011)
    Johnny English Reborn (2011) –at least I thought the first one was funny
    The Three Musketeers (2011) –not sure how it will be, but will definitely see it
    The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
    The Bourne Legacy (2012)
    The Hobbit I/II (2012)

ReputationRep:
    The Hobbit easily

bloody hell 2011 will be a **** year for films

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJKL)
    I suspect the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" American style will not have the inherent darkness of the Swedish version.

I am similarly awaiting next year's "Tinker, Tailor" but I am unsure if the original TV series can be surpassed and suspect I will end up disappointed.
    With Fincher directing it, I have high expectations for it. However, I also have the view that no director could create a film that would be better than the brilliant book. :yes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.