Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

D-Day - 9th December, London - This is the LAST MARCH before voting! MAKE IT BIG!!!!! watch

Thousands of protesters vs police
    !!! PWND !!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh why the hell is the bbc interviewing protester. Or rather why are they interviewing idiot protester, half of these interviewees have no idea what they are talking about and are just there for the fun of it. There making us look bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Descending into mindles violence an charges now.... don't see the point

It's sick that police have been indiscriminately attacking, beating people over the head, people on the floor etc with batons, disgusting. Police should DEFEND themselves, think logically and intelligently police. Randomly attacking any protestor in a crowd with a baton?

DO you want to piss them off, enrage the crowd and stir more violence? seriously
    Is that on BBC or something?

BBC sky etc their all dumbing down the real picture of the protest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Is that on BBC or something?
    Sky News live feed. They had 2 lads, Uni students that were attacked, one dude got knocked unconscious and still got beaten with batons or so they said. Police reputation getting ripped to shreds

No its a fail!

ReputationRep:
    It was really quite mental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Great Lord Xenu)
    Make sure you put the RC car as your first killstreak. If you're lucky, you'll get enough kills for an instant chopper gunner.
    Black Ops fail.

RC XD doesn't count towards your killstreak...

ReputationRep:
    You sure? Did you even read it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3Vans)
    Tbh as a student against fee rises - I have to say the last 2 marches were hardly 'big' despite all the FB/TSR hype.

As long as no **** screws it up bringing violence into it, then yeah whatever last march yahtta yahtta yahtta.

Violence is NOT the way forward. Peaceful protest makes a much better impact imo.
    It will be hard to contain the violence xD, there's always youngsters who don't care about the tuition fees and are doing it for lulz.

(Original post by Stratos)
    It will be hard to contain the violence xD, there's always youngsters who don't care about the tuition fees and are doing it for lulz.
    YH thats true and its said to continue

ReputationRep:
    I don't get everybody in this thread 'the police reputation has been ripped to shreds' etc.

What do you expect them to do? Let a load of kids run riot in London, throw **** at windows, smash their way to oxford street, disrupt tourists and shoppers, attack the royal cars...

The police are not bias either way - I bet a lot of them agree with students, so why do you fight them?
    It's disgusting the way they're seen as the enemy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AskMeAnything)
    I don't get everybody in this thread 'the police reputation has been ripped to shreds' etc.

What do you expect them to do? Let a load of kids run riot in London, throw **** at windows, smash their way to oxford street, disrupt tourists and shoppers, attack the royal cars...

The police are not bias either way - I bet a lot of them agree with students, so why do you fight them?
    It's disgusting the way they're seen as the enemy.
    you are aware a student is in hospital after having an operation on their brain due to police actions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simontinsley)

Debt is a stock, deficit is a flow. You magically reclaim that £25bn, you reduce the flow by £25bn.
    sorry but i think you are mistaken all i said was that the tax avoidance would remove the need for the government cuts which are £83bn over 4 years, which is completely true. The government is also obviously using other ways to get rid of the deficit other than these £83bn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMG89)
    sorry but i think you are mistaken all i said was that the tax avoidance would remove the need for the government cuts which are £83bn over 4 years, which is completely true. The government is also obviously using other ways to get rid of the deficit other than these £83bn.
    The cuts amount to a reduction in spending of £83bn per year by 4 years time. You are somewhat mistaken if you think that can overly optimistic figure for tax avoidance (which is perfectly legal) of £25bn will stop the need for cuts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMG89)
    you are aware a student is in hospital after having an operation on their brain due to police actions?
    You are aware that you have no idea of the situation that occurred? He was probably in a crowd of people rushing towards the police. You have no idea whether the policeman was justified to use that force. Yes, it's undeniably horrible that he's gained these injuries, but what would be better? Letting students run wild in London with no control? I think the general population support the police over this matter.

ReputationRep:
    You are aware that you have no idea of the situation that occurred? He was probably in a crowd of people rushing towards the police. You have no idea whether the policeman was justified to use that force. Yes, it's undeniably horrible that he's gained these injuries, but what would be better? Letting students run wild in London with no control? I think the general population support the police over this matter.

i don't think force that can cause bleeding on the brain is ever justified. What does hitting them on the head do?? Does he look like a violent thug????? God some peoples attitudes are depressing.

ReputationRep:
    Read his story. He was trying to escape from the kettle.

And when is striking somebody so hard on the head justified? That's not self defense

If a member of the public did the same thing, it would be grievous bodily harm

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.