Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else scared of the transport links in Russia? Planes are old as and the distances between cities are massive. Im afraid that it'll be a disaster tbf, any of the other three would have been a much better choice.

ReputationRep:
    We go to two twenty two? What year's that Sepp Blatter?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    It will be a ****ing disaster in Russia!
    Racist fans, empty stadiums, ridiculous travel costs, gangs killing people, frozen pitches or even worse, artificla pitches.
    Just a joke all round tbh.

Qatar would be interesting but I just couldn't see it being a success beyond pretty stadiums.
    The games are in summer, it'll be boiling hot compared to england.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else scared of the transport links in Russia? Planes are old as and the distances between cities are massive. Im afraid that it'll be a disaster tbf.
    St. Petersburg to Kazan is 25 hours by train.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain92)
    So this is how Eurovision would feel if I cared about it...
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously not cool. Qatar 2022.

ReputationRep:
    Qatar!!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    An qatar gets 2022

ReputationRep:
    Complete joke. I don't really see how the fact that Russia has no infrastructure in place to host a World Cup makes it a more appealing choice. It just means that they're going to have to rush to build several giant stadiums, that won't be used at all once the tournament is over.

ReputationRep:
    And now, for 2022, a desert 5/6ths the size of Scotland with unduly restrictive alcohol laws...

ReputationRep:
    Qatar?!

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I can see it turning into another Delhi 2010 - everything being cobbled together at the last minute.

And now Qatar in 2022 :facepalm2: Their motto, based on other ME sporting events, should have been 'It'll be flashy and soulless!'

ReputationRep:
    I guess Iran now have a date for when to unleash their ballistic missiles.

ReputationRep:
    Had a feeling it was going to be Russia, I was just hoping that the whole fuss about the new stadium in Bristol wasn't going to be for nothing.

Oh well. Qatar for 2022!!! I will actually get on the first plane to Qatar if they actually win

EDIT: Qatar won!!:woo:

Qatar!

ReputationRep:
      As usual, FIFA went for whoever sucked blatters **** the longest, and this time it was Russian money.

Same reason Qatar will win.

I was rooting for Spain&Portugal for obvious reasons, but I think all the candidates had strong proposals with a footballing culture and real passion for the game, not just the media attention it generates.

Oh right, except Russia. They have to build about 12 of the 15 stadiums anyway, and we all know how the 2004 Olympics turned out :/

ReputationRep:
      :rofl:
      This is such a farce. If anyone's to blame it's the British media. This Qatar guy who's talking now is pretty hot in a weird way :coma:

ReputationRep:
      **** FIFA
      Bunch of corrupt ********s

ReputationRep:
      England captain Rio Ferdinand on Twitter: "Wow Russia will host the world cup 2018....soooo gutted. What more could we have done? What did we do wrong?" - The answer my dear friend is MAFIA MONEY....

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.