Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirtyoldriver)
    :eek2: drastic! I haven't seen Durham, I know they're meant to be good for arch but I chose not to apply for reasons I can't quite remember! I have fallen in love with UCL though, the department is seriously amazing, still can't believe I actually got accepted either
    Well done! Too be honest the cost and distance put me off a bit, but the department and the variety of modules is great! Yet if I had to choose between them it'd be good old Durham XD

ReputationRep:
    Hiii

Has anyone applied for Archaeology at Aberdeen?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else going to an Arch interview tomorrow at UCL?

My major question is what will we be asked and what should we wear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HampshireDave)
    Anyone else going to an Arch interview tomorrow at UCL?

My major question is what will we be asked and what should we wear
    I had one a few weeks ago!
    Not allowed to say on here what you'll be asked :mmm: they are friendly though and it is quite conversational.
    Clothes-wise, it's casual, jeans and a shirt or whatever floats your boat

(by the way HampshireDave are you from Hampshire? I am )

ReputationRep:
    (by the way HampshireDave are you from Hampshire? I am )
    Haha I am! Come from sunny Gosport, across the water from Portsmouth

Apparently have a strong application, hopefully it goes well. I noticed UCAS said the offer would likely be AAB, but there asking for ABB?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HampshireDave)
    Haha I am! Come from sunny Gosport, across the water from Portsmouth

Apparently have a strong application, hopefully it goes well. I noticed UCAS said the offer would likely be AAB, but there asking for ABB?!
    It should be ABB, that's what I got they are generous with grades!

Ooh lavely, I'm from the Isle of Wight meself. How did your interview go??

ReputationRep:
    Hii i'm new .

Was wondering if anyone could help me decide between Bristol or Exeter for Arch and ancient history??:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tegmcflur)
    Hii i'm new .

Was wondering if anyone could help me decide between Bristol or Exeter for Arch and ancient history??:confused:
    I would actually say Exeter. I know Bristol seems like the obvious choice, but when I was searching for Archaeology, it was consistently coming very low in league tables, and whilst I know they aren't everything it did put me off a bit. They've also suffered a lot of funding cuts in their department I believe (although hasn't everyone recently). Anyway, I preferred the Exeter course both unis are top unis so I don't think prestige is an issue.

Saying all that, have you visited both? It should also be about where you feel most comfortable and where you prefer as a place

ReputationRep:
    I would actually say Exeter. I know Bristol seems like the obvious choice, but when I was searching for Archaeology, it was consistently coming very low in league tables, and whilst I know they aren't everything it did put me off a bit. They've also suffered a lot of funding cuts in their department I believe (although hasn't everyone recently). Anyway, I preferred the Exeter course both unis are top unis so I don't think prestige is an issue.

Saying all that, have you visited both? It should also be about where you feel most comfortable and where you prefer as a place
    Yeah visited both and loved both for different reasons so still stuck!! haha thanks though. lets hope i don't get durham or then i'll be in a REAL pickle!

ReputationRep:
    hi

applied to Reading, Durham, York, Lampeter (university of wales) and aberdeen!
    got offers from all.
    i think i will put Reading as my first choice and am really looking forward to it!!!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to Bristol for archaeology?? I finally got my offer last week after 4 months of waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash816)
    Hiii

Has anyone applied for Archaeology at Aberdeen?
    Hello, first post!
    I applied to Archaeology in Aberdeen and have received a conditional offer. I have also received an unconditional offer to Edinburgh University and have not heard back from Glasgow University.
    I am not sure which of these to choose so if anyone has any advice I would love to hear it!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink_butterfly)
    Is anyone going to Bristol for archaeology?? I finally got my offer last week after 4 months of waiting
    Yes! (well, ancient history and archaeology that is...)

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about applying for a BA in Archaeology at maybe Durham, Liverpool, Reading and York.. I'm volunteering for the Churches Conservation Trust in a Norman church, do in need additional more archaeology focused experience? Also, has anyone been on the Archaeology course of any of those unis? thanks

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ccasem11;29708853]
    Excavations wise, I went to Piddington, Northamptonshire for two weeks and had a great time with the Upper Nene Archaeological Society and here's a link to their website if you were interested - http://www.unas.org.uk/magazine/magv...ID=8&date=0910
    I'll be going back this year so if you wanted to come I could help/provide valuable info?
    QUOTE]

Hi I actually live in Northampton so I'd definately be i nterested in getting some experience at Piddington, what kind of things would I need to know before I went on one of their excavations?

ReputationRep:
    Have firmed a conditional from Sheffield for Archaeology and History. Love the city, love the Uni, can't wait to start!
    Think I was won over when they gave me a human skull to hold on the open day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broken_Circles)
    Have firmed a conditional from Sheffield for Archaeology and History. Love the city, love the Uni, can't wait to start!
    Think I was won over when they gave me a human skull to hold on the open day!
    Hey, in which day did you go to the Open Day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash816)
    Hey, in which day did you go to the Open Day?
    It was Wednesday 23rd March

ReputationRep:
    Firmed an offer from Sheffield for Archaeology/History last month, looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in my first year studying Ancient History and Archaeology at Manchester so if anyone needs any help/advice let me know

I live at home and I'm moving into private accommodation next year so I can't really answer any questions on accommodation apart from looking at my friends.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.