Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliakhtar)
    Some of you are crazy. Islam is not trying to dominate anything, it just invites people to join the religion if they find it acceptable. Why are mosques regarded as a sign of dominance when churches aren't? No-one is forcing you to join the religion. There are extremists on both sides and they will always exist. You can't call all Muslims terrorists or all White people racist. Wake up and learn to co-exist.
    This is true, but racism does not just come from white people, infact some of the worst racist attacks took place recently against white farmers in Africa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajtiesto)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11911441

Women and children could of been in that building.

Hope they get what they deserve, scumbags!
    Same thing happened in America recently: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n7096810.shtml you might want to add this to your OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    Not surprised you are so pissed off!!You live in Bradford?
    It's not even the rapid spread of (any) religion that bothers me the most it's the type of ultra liberal self hating ***** who rebuke anything negative said towards religion/immigration with "lol racist xenophobe".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    This is true, but racism does not just come from white people, infact some of the worst racist attacks took place recently against white farmers in Africa.
    Racism exists everywhere. Yes some Muslims do burn Churches down and of course the same will be done to them. People need to realize that Islam is not trying to take over the world. How can it be dominating when most new Muslims convert because they want to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisnew)
    It's not even the rapid spread of (any) religion that bothers me the most it's the type of ultra liberal self hating ***** who rebuke anything negative said towards religion/immigration with "lol racist xenophobe".
    These negative things being said about religion and other stuff is what leads to attacks being done on them in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Ahh, but the British people in general can decide. Our cultural preservation comes before the freedom of other religions.
    Minarets do subdue the locals. Especially in a region where several major churches around the city centre have fallen into disrepair.
    I don't think this city is quite so vulnerable to indigenous conversion to Islam, but there have been some. And the South Asian Muslim birth rate is through the roof. They will outbreed Brits in a few generations. When minorities become local majorities, things get bad.
    the state of the churches across britain is down to the christians and the CoE (perhaps the vatican???). Poor funding and lack of people turning up and not filling the coffers). Some churches get converted into mosques, flash apartments etc.... can't blame the muslims for tht one.... need to look closer to home there!

It's not just the south asian muslim birth rate..... the general immigrant community tend to have more kids than their white british counterpart.... (perhaps something to do with cultural differences and the role of mother/father, working mums etc). The pope even pleaded with christian women to start reproducing to counter the growth of islam; such is the problem!

You are right that when the local identity changes, tensions arise and perhaps this is what is now happening in stoke. Violence seems the only resort to some people, but from past experiences they should see that it won't get them what they want.

ReputationRep:
    Racism exists everywhere. Yes some Muslims do burn Churches down and of course the same will be done to them. People need to realize that Islam is not trying to take over the world. How can it be dominating when most new Muslims convert because they want to?
    I don't know if most people who are muslim are so because they want to, certinally it would seem that there are alot of young people who are kept in by their families.
    Anyway lets assume that being a muslim is done by choice in every case (which it isn't), what is the penalty for apostasy (I already know the answer).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    Same thing happened in America recently: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n7096810.shtml you might want to add this to your OP.
    He should add these as well you know so it appears that he's against hatred towards any religion and just not Islam.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...ord-allah.html

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/793...istian-village

http://www.worthynews.com/7324-islam...lgerian-church

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    the honest truth is that the "democratic" option will never be there the right-wing white nationalists in our society. The BNP are too stupid and any sensible alternative will never be enough for right-wing white natinalists because it doesn't go far enough to suppress the spread of muslim identity across britain.

We will continue to see the usual suspects rioting in asian populated cities and the usual police response. The best we will get is a cap on immigration and such measures on visas etc. This will not solve the problem of the spreading of the muslims identity across britain. To do stop this, laws will have to be put into place which prevent muslims freedoms given to other members of society (and the only party who can do this are the bnp).

Seems violence is the only resort. Best to get down to the pub for some dutch courage and march onto the local convenience store/taxi rank to liberate the country!
    No, the honest truth is that many indigenous Brits are concerned about this, and they want a sensible movement similar to the Freedom party to raise their concerns about Islam and Third World Immigration in particular, without being violent. Unfortunately, this always brings up allegations that people are racist- the ultimate evil these days. We need to accept that we're all a little bit racist, and protect British indigenous culture without going to violent extremes. There wouldn't be this problem if people took things into perspective.

*Gets banned for thoughtcrime*

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if most people who are muslim are so because they want to, certinally it would seem that there are alot of young people who are kept in by their families.
    Anyway lets assume that being a muslim is done by choice in every case (which it isn't), what is the penalty for apostasy (I already know the answer).
    You get killed according to popular belief.

Nothing will happened, no one will get killed. But if you really believe in Islam it is not recommended to move again because God dislikes it. Except if you're making fun of the religion, someone might overreact and really do something. (e.g: after you leave Islam, you make fun of the prophet or the Quran, but that's also happen if you hurt someone's feeling, so it's not unusual).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisnew)
    perhaps not the rapid spread of a religion but what is associated with that; asians and the asian culture. Something which is not hard to miss in a place like bradford!
    Most tensions in such areas in bradford don't arise from religion, but rather racial tensions, between certain groups from both communities (be they youngsters, local cabbies, local businesses etc). The issue in the end comes down to race.....

ReputationRep:
    You get killed according to popular belief.

Nothing will happened, no one will get killed. But if you really believe in Islam it is not recommended to move again because God dislikes it. Except if you're making fun of the religion, someone might overreact and really do something. (e.g: after you leave Islam, you make fun of the prophet or the Quran, but that's also happen if you hurt someone's feeling, so it's not unusual).
    apostacy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQzuFrMRA3M

Halal:
    http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...%3DHQOKQ__3vQw

13. Does HMC accept and certify stunned meat or poultry?
    No. Part of our criteria is that animals are not stunned. For further details please refer to the Issues of Stunning section.

Therefore because of all the negative aspects of stunning, the Halal Monitoring Committee has set a blanket ruling disallowing stunning in any form.

http://www.halalmc.net/resources/issue_stunning.html

A so called 'moderate muslim':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMQ7xJAGfks

ReputationRep:
    Not to mention the rape of White South Africans . :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerigeeApogee)
    So what?

I'm not saying that most Muslim aren't asian - they quite clearly are.

But if I went out on the town and ended up battering a Muslim, I can assure you that it would be nothing to do with his race, and more to do with his primitive belief system. So the idea that I would automatically be branded a racist and charged with a hate crime is ridiculous.

The fact that the police do it, and the government do it, has influenced how people think about it, and now whenever anybody has a legitimate complaint about the RELIGION of Islam, they are branded a racist.

It unjustly belittles the idea that a person can have a legitimate complaint about the religion, and gives free licence to Muslims to play the race card to get away with any deficiencies they have resulting from their religion.

When teenage/early 20s Norwegian anti-religionists burn Church, everybody knows their intention is against the religion. Why is it so impossible that the people who carried out this attempted arson have similar convictions against Islam, and are not just mindless racists?

I'm not saying that they ARE - they might well be just mindless racists. But making the assumption before the facts come in isn't helping anyone.
    no doubt there will be countless opposing whites pulling out their hair at the profiling of this arson attack. The fact remains is that the law enforcement lot have decades of experience and expertise in solving crimes and they use this when profiling such attacks.

as for your example of you attacking someone, I'm sure the police would question you and do their relevant checks and assess the evidence before laying a charge.

Although many opposing whites would deny this, islam is used as a smokescreen for their opposition to asians in britian. Before islam became big news in the british media, attacks were carried out, but after 9/11 it gave feul to carrry out further attacks on the same disliked group.

I'm not one for violent disorder. I would advise anyone who doesn't like current laws/legislation to follow the democratic process and elect a party who best represents their views. If there is not party as such, then rather then taking violence as a last resort, move to another country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    a) 'minorities' are police officers too. don't be so racist as to assume all police officers are white and therefore make racist judgements on other races because they are white. you ****ing racist scum. white people are not racist and it's people like you who are racist for thinking this and who are the ones trying to kick white people out their own country. it's disgusting.

b) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...imination.html women and ethnic minorities are now able to be hired over equally qualified white male candidates. tell me i am wrong now? this country is disgraceful.
    jesus christ

ReputationRep:
    No, the honest truth is that many indigenous Brits are concerned about this, and they want a sensible movement similar to the Freedom party to raise their concerns about Islam and Third World Immigration in particular, without being violent. Unfortunately, this always brings up allegations that people are racist- the ultimate evil these days. We need to accept that we're all a little bit racist, and protect British indigenous culture without going to violent extremes. There wouldn't be this problem if people took things into perspective.

*Gets banned for thoughtcrime*
    I don't believe there will ever be such a party in britain. The best we will get will be a slightly right wing gov, who will adress the issue of mass immigration, fradulant immigrants, visas etc, but they won't go far enough to address the issue of the spread of the musilm identity across britain. For this to be done, the majority of indigenous brits need to admit that we are all a bit racist (like you say) and then cultivate a culture where it is acceptable to be "a bit rascist" (you'd have to change certain laws before this can happen). Only then can the spread of the muslim identity be stopped and perhaps reversed a small extent.

Muslims have their foot in british society.I believe It will be very hard and almost impossible to stop the spread of the muslim identity across britain. Perhaps it could have been done 15-20 years ago. The labour policy will leave a lasting impact on britain forever (may seem bleak and I guess the opposing whites can only hope and resort to looking to groups like edl as leaders for thier cause)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joebro)
    jesus christ
    i am christian and find that offensive. please don't be so intolerant of my beliefs and respect that i do not wish the lord's name to be taken in vain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    And who exactly decides what is undeserving and not?:cool:
    i do, which coincidentally is the same as all white people are deserving (more so males than females) while everyone else is undeserving.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, but the British people in general can decide. Our cultural preservation comes before the freedom of other religions.
    As long as you're a law-abiding citizen, then you can practice your democratic right to be religious. If a mosque is being constructed, I don't understand how that disrupts your right to engage in your culture?

Minarets do subdue the locals. Especially in a region where several major churches around the city centre have fallen into disrepair.
    If some of the locals are concerned about the disrepair, fix it. I don't understand the relevance of churches going into disrepair to minarets. A minaret is a tower, pillar, or other vertical element in or near a mosque which serves as the place from which the call to prayer is made. It represents the religion of Islam. If some locals are 'subdued' over a minaret, they don't recognise other British citizens' democratic right to practise their faith.

I don't think this city is quite so vulnerable to indigenous conversion to Islam, but there have been some. And the South Asian Muslim birth rate is through the roof. They will outbreed Brits in a few generations. When minorities become local majorities, things get bad.
    Relevance of birth rates in terms of construction of a mosque and minarets? Does that prevent democracy from being practiced?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    i am christian and find that offensive. please don't be so intolerant of my beliefs and respect that i do not wish the lord's name to be taken in vain.
    I thought you were Jewish, you made a thread where you spelt God as G-d.

I must be confused. :confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.