Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NSPCC Campaign on facebook : to stop violence against children Watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm Bambi

ReputationRep:
    SO much fail in this thread. It's to raise awareness.

Why should it have to be official? The charity is grateful for our efforts too.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a nice idea to be honest. Most people who've been online today (out of my friends) have all changed their profile picture. Plus it does raise awareness, makes you think hey we've had it good, maybe we should make it good for others. Infact I went onto the NSPCC and donated a pound (as I only have £4 in my account atm).

When I was little, I absolutely adored dexter's lab, especially where his hair is on fire and he ran around going "my hair is on fire", which is funny because he's ginger. And I also wanted to be dee dee, because I liked her dress and the way she spoke.

ReputationRep:
    Bandwagon

ReputationRep:
    Ariel from the little mermaid
    Decided to watch the film again too, whilst I was at it

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently Angelica the Rugrat

ReputationRep:
    I only changed my picture in conjunction with a small donation. If I'd simply changed my picture I'd have felt as though I was doing nothing to help to be honest...

edit: and I'm Belle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guvnor)
    It's still raising awareness and shows that someone cares ?
    Gosh, how caring for you to go out of your way by clicking a few buttons and changing your profile picture.

What utter self-serving tosh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guvnor)
    Change your Facebook profile picture to a character from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same, for the NSPCC. Until Monday (December 6), there should be no human faces on Facebook, but an invasion of memories. This is a campaign to stop violence against children.

You probably have come across the above message now with everyone posting it as their status.

This campaign is getting pretty big now on facebook, with everyone changing their profile pics to pics of their favourite characters, anybody else taking part ?

I changed mine for this campaign to a pic of Simba from lion king

What about you ?
    cyanide and happiness

ReputationRep:
    Mine is Pingu!!
    I think it's a good idea. No it doesn't change much but it raises awareness of the charity. I haven't heard anything about the NSPCC recently but it has put it into people's minds again, so it has to be a good thing...

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was just an ordinary change your profile to x thing :mmm: like last week I was an evil Kadabra :proud:
    this time my pic is of the teenage mutant ninja turtles :yep: not entirely sure how this is meant to help the nspcc:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Mines been Oscar the Grouch for a while.

ReputationRep:
    oh god, some people are dim..

the point is to raise awareness

Mine is pinguuuuu

(Original post by doodle7)
    Mine is Pingu!!
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    I put mulan :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova92)
    oh god, some people are dim..

the point is to raise awareness

Mine is pinguuuuu

:hifive:
    Is that middle-class-speak for 'look charitable and caring whilst actually having to contribute neither time nor money'?

ReputationRep:
    Sonic the hedgehog :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Is that middle-class-speak for 'look charitable and caring whilst actually having to contribute neither time nor money'?
    no?

such a bad generalisation...

It's called a campaign for a reason, and you need some sort of advertisement to raise awareness. THEN as more people know about it/ hear about it... more can be done to help whatever the cause is. Be that through volunteering, donations etc.

Just because you don't want to take part, doesn't make it pointless...

ReputationRep:
    Baby i'm bambi <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theths)
    if you have been so beautifully aware that people hit their kids, have you been remembering to donate money?
    when was the last time you did donate money?
    When was the last time 95% of people posting these pictures donated money? LOL.

And no, I haven't been "remembering" to donate because I do not donate to the NSPCC. Some kids trying to make themselves feel good about themselves isn't going to make me suddenly "remember" to do it.

I'm sorry, I'm obviously ruining the whole point of it for you (feeling good about yourself) but the fact is that it's a crock of ****.

Edit:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    This.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Woodstock from Snoopy. I think it is important - raising awareness does do good and correlate to more donations, honestly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.