Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

most annoying things on public transport to you. Watch

ReputationRep:
    When the tube is so crammed that you have to wait for the next one. And the next one...

When the tube is so crammed that you can't get on but there is plenty of room in the middle of the carriage but no, stupid people have to stand around the doors.

'Regulating the service'. Just drive ffs! I can understand if it's a bus or train that comes twice an hour otherwise, nuh uh.

Stopping in tunnels for ages.

Trains/buses randomly disappearing ie. the screen says there is one in 2 minutes... 5 minutes later - 2 ins... 2 minutes later, 5 mins arghhhh!

ReputationRep:
    - Screaming babies on the bus/tube/you name it.
    - Loud tourists on the tube who scream everytime it throws them off balance
    - Seeing people eat food that smells really good, especially if you're really hungry.
    - Loud people in general. Mostly that one.

ReputationRep:
    Having to use public buses in itself is extremely annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Girls screaming when a driver brakes suddenly (I think I'd be more concerned if he wasn't braking suddenly despite a dangerous situation ahead!)

Idiots who open bus windows no matter how cold or wet it is outdoors (MUCH more a problem on school buses I find)

ReputationRep:
    The public.

ReputationRep:
    when random people decide to rub up on you when there is space elsewhere... and when people jump onto trains and almost rape you whiles your reading

who ever neg repd me is a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justbuildingmydam)
    I find it a bit unpleasant when somebody sits very close behind me and I can feel their breath on my neck, I'm just like why do you breathe so much
    To stay alive perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    When, on the trains, the driver will announce: "Unfortunately, today we are experiencing unusually high numbers of passengers. For this reason __ station, ___ station, ___ station and ___ station are closed, due to overcrowding."

The next day:

Driver: Unfortunately, today we are experiencing unusually high numbers of passengers...

So it's NOT UNUSUAL, IS IT? Every day my travelling is a damn nightmare, and it would only be unusual if the train f****** stopped at each station, allowed a reasonable number of passengers on, and reached its destinations on time!

ReputationRep:
    There were far to many to mention in my town, luckily for me I now have a car.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    small children kicking the back of my seat but the parent thinks its 'cute'. its not. shall i sit behind you kicking your seat and see if you think im cute too???

ReputationRep:
    I get the train every day. Nothing irritates me more than people listening to music ridiculously loud through their iPod or whatever. Don't get me wrong, i listen to music all the time too, however on a train that is ridiculously quiet there is NO need to have the volume at 100%. RAGE.

ReputationRep:
    The one can that always decides to roll around [B]ALL[B] of the journey :cool: not amusing ...

ReputationRep:
    This bus is being held here to help regulate the service( and my ema, which i really need as my parents rarely have cash to spare!)
    When bus drivers deliberately go slowly and wait for traffic lights to switch to red.
    People not moving down inside the bus
    Not in service buses
    Buses with barely any people just zooming past you
    When you miss 2 or 3 buses and have to wait half an hour for the next one( seems to happen to me a lot)
    The smell
    People who leave food on the bus
    When your trying to think and all you can hear is the stupid ***** next to you on the phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesBlood)
    I tried to pay for a ticket on a bus with a £5 note last night. The driver looked at me as though I'd unzipped my trousers and flopped Junior James right into his hand.

I'd like to stress that I haven't done that for months.
    You ****ing legend!! I pissed myself at that positive rep but i've run out:/ so maybe tomorrow :P

ReputationRep:
    Bad smells

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone's mentioned teenaged couples snogging all the way on the journey

terrible english but yeah

ReputationRep:
    Buses - The drivers, they are imbeciles and like to overuse the brakes. Then there's the bums.

Tube - The people that like to pretend they read a book while standing up being thrown about like a paper bag.

Train - The toilets are always ****e.

Plane - All the idiots that decide to get on the plane with me with their over excessive baggage.

Oh I relish the day when I can buy my own leerjet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeographyEllie)
    I don't think anyone's mentioned teenaged couples snogging all the way on the journey

terrible english but yeah
    What's wrong with that? Gives me a semi.

ReputationRep:
    People eating fast food, and chicken & chips etc.

Chavs

Young Mums & their arrogance with buggies.

People who smell

Excess Noise

I generally hate anyone, I make exceptions for polite people and cute children, the rest of you can **** off.

ReputationRep:
    Chavs smoking weed on the bus, spitting pieces of paper at other people through a straw, playing niche music loud on their phone, asking other people on the bus for items such as beer or food ... and yes, this really did happen last Friday on the way home from work.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.