Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelykatana)
    Your just ****ing retarded, aren't you.
    Tell you what, how about you get the **** out of the UK, along with extremist Muslims.
    funny isn't it, how I (and anyone else) gets abused by people like you for loading a video up where the DJ simple expresses the opinions of many people, how about you stop abusing me and start abusing the extremist muslims, otherwise you (and muslims who behave like you) will continue to feed the so called 'Islamaphobia (which is based on logic by the way).

ReputationRep:
    Oh maaaan that radio DJ deserves a slap.

ReputationRep:
    the presenter is such a retard ! what is the need for him 2 talk to the guy in the way he is. esp when he said 'CON-VER-TED'

well, well done 2 the caller 4 not steeping so low like the 'DJ'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerigeeApogee)
    Don't have to. If 1 billion people claim that their lifestyles, personal beliefs, motivations and moralities come from one book, then all I have to do to get to know those people is read that book.

I've read it, and I found it distasteful, and anybody who thinks it is a good basis for a lifestyle, motivations and morality is not a person I want living in the same society that I live in.

If you CLAIM to live by the book, but you actually don't, then you can get in my good books by stop lying to yourself and lying to me. There's no point passing Islam on to your children and risking that they might take it on board a lot more seriously than you do if you have no real interest/allegiance to it yourself. You can help yourself and help the next generating by becoming an apostate, and coming into the land of the rational.
    There's lots of different ways a person can interpret the Qur'an, just like there are many ways of interpreting the Bible. The extremist Islam groups are interpreting it one way, yet a lot of Muslims interpret it in a way that doesn't condone violence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxas13)
    He said that Islam not condoning any of the crimes was horsec***. Therefore saying that Islam condones the crimes. And many muslims are victims of people making judgements about them due to what they read in the daily mail. I get kids on my school bus shouting at random people and a group of kids chanted "Burn Muslims" at breaktime due to the Poppy Burning incident.
    A religion is made up by the people who follow it, who don't seem to be saying anything about it, do you think that people are not aware of this?

By the way (this isn't just aimed at the person I'm replying to) but I am good friends with a girl from Turkey who is what people on here would describe as a moderate muslim. When I went round her house to help her with her stats' work, we began to talk about religion. She asked if I were christian, I said no. Cut a long story short, she said that her God had told her to tell me about her religion, and if I don't believe her then I will burn in hell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Unless you have something valid to add to this discussion rather than picking out mistakes in my grammar (which I do it on purpose), then please do. If not, stop trolling and move on.

Besides, not capitalising islam doesn't really matter because at the end of the day the word is the same, and therefore has the same meaning. The statements "islam is a race" and "islam is a belief system" have two completely different meanings.

Now you are owning yourself tbpfh.
    Haha. Sweet Jesus.

ReputationRep:
    89 posts and yet we still sit and wait for a muslim to say "yeah the things that the extremists are doing is wrong", why is that?

ReputationRep:
    the RJ is a prick but I agree with his point about Muslims only showing outrage to non-Muslims. everything else he said just had me cursing his accent.
    lol wonder why the Muslim is called "Will" anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    He didn't say that muslims are responsible for all the wrong in the world lol, just the EXAMPLES he gave. Did you not listen?

Actually, I find it interesting that you (and alot of muslims on here) are quick to give someone the victim label. You are aware that even if you decide to give the caller that label that doesn't manipulate people to suddenly think that the caller must be right, because everything the DJ said was correct.
    Well actually you brought up the whole idea of the victim position. None of it was correct. He built his whole argument on flawed point such as many cases of sweeping generalisations, whilst ignoring the fact that many people commit similiar crimes and are not Muslim. He identifies a correlation (which itself is based on exaggerations) and automatically assumes that it is the religion that causes trouble. You seem to think you know enough to make damning criticisms on a topic so let me ask you, what is your experience with the Muslim faith and have you ever read the Koran?

Also if you wernt so happy rolling around in your pig s*** pen of ignorance, arrogance and bigotry, you may realize that I am not the only person criticising the DJ and you and many of those who are criticising the DJ do not appear to be Muslim!

(Original post by Mujeriego)
      Haha. Sweet Jesus.
      http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=245 I expected a response... :wink2:

ReputationRep:
      A religion is made up by the people who follow it, who don't seem to be saying anything about it, do you think that people are not aware of this?

By the way (this isn't just aimed at the person I'm replying to) but I am good friends with a girl from Turkey who is what people on here would describe as a moderate muslim. When I went round her house to help her with her stats' work, we began to talk about religion. She asked if I were christian, I said no. Cut a long story short, she said that her God had told her to tell me about her religion, and if I don't believe her then I will burn in hell!
      I'm betting that there a lots of Muslims out there who are trying to say something about the crimes but unfortunately, these people don't make the headlines in the Daily Mail.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Soppe)
      And so should we kill all Americans/ western community due to a few KKK peoples beliefs ???
      Eek! Please don't. Lol, I'm American and I'm pretty sure the KKK doesn't like me even though.

ReputationRep:
      I don't even remember that but my apologies. I'll respond a little after Merlin.

ReputationRep:
      Oh mathperson,
      you arent the smartest, are you? Actually being islamophobic or hating any religion can be considered RACIST. Clearly you are very uneducated. I suggest you make yourself familiar with the term " cultural racism". So yes, you are a racist and you disgust me. People do not think you want to start an argument bc you uploaded a video but bc of the headline you chose. It gives away where you stand immediately. Must really suck to be as thick as you. You are an embarrassment for whatever country you come from.

That radio presenter is an idiot. First he complains that the caller hasnt called when mentioned events supposedly happened. Why should the caller have done this since he cant speak for Islam anyways as the radio host says later. Walking contradiction.

Had the radio host simply condemned muslim terrorists, that would be ok. Instead he generalises. Why should muslims should have to take a stand to every terror act comitted by a muslim terrorist act? It has nothing to do with them. Did Oskar Schindler give a public statement about what the Nazis did only because he was German too?

Mathperson, if you are british, maybe you should call up to a palestine radio station and take some blame for the role Britain played in the Middle East mess. If you are American, i suggest you call up an Iraqi radio station and since you are a man too, i think you should maybe call some victims of rape and domestic abuse and apologize what people of your kind did. You are such a hypocrite. I suggest you educate yourself and actually read the Quaran, then you would learn that Islam doesnt condone terrorism.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
      Radio presenter is spot on.
      I lol'd at the disparity between your response and the rest in the thread.

Do you mind elaborating which parts you particularly agreed with?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by adam_zed)
      Well actually you brought up the whole idea of the victim position. None of it was correct. He built his whole argument on flawed point such as many cases of sweeping generalisations, whilst ignoring the fact that many people commit similiar crimes and are not Muslim. He identifies a correlation (which itself is based on exaggerations) and automatically assumes that it is the religion that causes trouble. You seem to think you know enough to make damning criticisms on a topic so let me ask you, what is your experience with the Muslim faith and have you ever read the Koran?

Also if you wernt so happy rolling around in your pig s*** pen of ignorance, arrogance and bigotry, you may realize that I am not the only person criticising the DJ and you and many of those who are criticising the DJ do not appear to be Muslim!
      Well if you had read my posts, you would reaqlise that the first time I mentioned the word 'victim' was when I was trying to stop a number of people using the word 'victim' in order to try and manipulate people to 'feel sorry' for the caller, rather than concentrate on the truth that the DJ was speaking.

Now, I'm glad that you have started to discuss things in a manner that a member of a democratic society would, let me address them.

None of what he said was wrong. He didn't build his argument on flawed points at all, he gave many examples of things that muslims have done, and didn't say at all that every muslim has committed them, so it wasn't a generalisation.
      Now, ofcourse people who are not muslim commit crimes, but that doesn't mean that if you want to hold someone accountable for a crime they have committed, you suddenly need to list every other crime that every other person in the world has committed.
      Also, he never said that all religions cause trouble, or that every member of a religion that has got ITSELF a reputation for causing trouble does so.

No I have never read the Koran, and don't plan to. My experience of the faith? Members of my extended family are muslim, as is my auntie as she 'converted' to marry a muslim man (she doesn't take it seriously though, like wearing a head scarf or anything). Additionally I have friends who are muslim.
      Your questioning of these things leads me to believe that you were going to use the argument of 'generalising' and 'stereotypes' again, which I have already demonstrated above is illogical because nowhere have I, or anyone else in this thread, said that ALL muslims are to blame for bad things that happen.

OK, if you were not rolling around in your "pig pen of s***" as you say, then you would realise that I never said that you are the only one who is criticing the DJ, and my posts indicate this. Additionally, your use of the word 'bigotry' is not used in the correct manner, so please find a dictionary.

What I will say also is this however, if you provide me with proof that what the DJ says is incorrect then I will stop criticising Islam, but I'm not going to accept illogical statements etc as proof, as I've tried to be fed previously.

ReputationRep:
      What is stupid is that you don't seem to know the difference between race and religion. Anyway, the truth is the truth, and will not be covered up by trying to keep people quiet by branding them a racist.
      Racism, bigotry.. it's all the same in the end, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by n1r4v)
      I lol'd at the disparity between your response and the rest in the thread.

Do you mind elaborating which parts you particularly agreed with?
      haha, yeh it's quite amusing. I like this new rep system.

Where he says muzzies go ape **** over trivialities like cartoons and teddy bears but don't seem to say much about the much worse **** being done to them by other muzzies.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Roxas13)
      I thought TSR was free of stupid racists.
      Clearly Islam isn't a race.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Leonie01)
      Oh mathperson,
      you arent the smartest, are you? Actually being islamophobic or hating any religion can be considered RACIST. Clearly you are very uneducated. I suggest you make yourself familiar with the term " cultural racism". So yes, you are a racist and you disgust me. People do not think you want to start an argument bc you uploaded a video but bc of the headline you chose. It gives away where you stand immediately. Must really suck to be as thick as you. You are an embarrassment for whatever country you come from.

That radio presenter is an idiot. First he complains that the caller hasnt called when mentioned events supposedly happened. Why should the caller have done this since he cant speak for Islam anyways as the radio host says later. Walking contradiction.

Had the radio host simply condemned muslim terrorists, that would be ok. Instead he generalises. Why should muslims should have to take a stand to every terror act comitted by a muslim terrorist act? It has nothing to do with them. Did Oskar Schindler give a public statement about what the Nazis did only because he was German too?

Mathperson, if you are british, maybe you should call up to a palestine radio station and take some blame for the role Britain played in the Middle East mess. If you are American, i suggest you call up an Iraqi radio station and since you are a man too, i think you should maybe call some victims of rape and domestic abuse and apologize what people of your kind did. You are such a hypocrite. I suggest you educate yourself and actually read the Quaran, then you would learn that Islam doesnt condone terrorism.
      calling someone uneducated is a classic tactic I see time and time again to try and get people to shut up, but I'm afraid that whilst you were busy writing this post about me, I notice you didn't write a post regarding the point of this thread...the video. I am still waiting for a muslim to say that the extremists are bad by the way. OK, you know what I will not be manipulated by the word racist. Firstly Islam isn't a race, secondly that word will not be used against me to stop me telling the truth and standing up for what is right.

He didn't generalise at all, he never said "ALL muslims...", what he said was that the caller did not condone any of the examples he gave, only after he gave them.

bold: The caller can call and say he does not support Islamic extremism, why would he not be able to do that?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.