JB + SN, 04/07/10, I love you always
    24.53%
    Other - please state
    62.26%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    "iPods... Do we need 'em?"

http://www.freewebs.com/the_k_man/111112.jpg
    In light of this post, I'm thinking engrave it with a Karl Pilkington quote. Who doesn't love a bit of Karl?

"I could eat a knob at night." might be a nice one.

ReputationRep:
    Don't sounds like a **** present.

ReputationRep:
    Engrave your mothers name, she'll absolutely adore it.

ReputationRep:
    This is your Christmas present after like 6 months together? I got my boyfriend an ipod for his birthday when he turned 21 and we'd been together for over a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've got an iPod for my girlfriend this Christmas and was just looking for some ideas for an engraving. I don't really want it to be really soppy, just something sweet. I didn't get it from Apple so I couldn't get it engraved when I ordered it ;/

Please vote for your favourite or feel free to make up your own suggestions!

If anyone has any suggestions of where to engrave the iPod, that would be helpful too as I've heard getting an iPod engraved with a machine from a regular place can mess the iPod up.

PS, JB and SN are our initials..
    ou haven't been going out with her for long to be honest, it might scare her away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tericon)
    That is soppy and you haven't been going out that long. Way too full on. An in-joke would be nice, something fairly casual, something that if you ever do break up, yet remain friends, she will look at and still be happy with.
    The trueness of this post is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but *puke*!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Don't engrave it with something that means she can't continue using it when you break up.
    An eternal optimist I see!

Engraving is a bit tacky but if you're going to then maybe if she has a fave song and a lyric from that?

ReputationRep:
    I hope you're trolling
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Engraving is generally crappy and the only reason Apple push it so much (and do it for free) is because they know it is virtually impossible to sell an iPad with engraving on eBay, etc.

Just don't. Buy her a card and put soppy messages inside that.

ReputationRep:
    "Anal?"

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend got me an iPod last year for Christmas and had one of my favourite quotes written on it - it doesn't mention him at all but I didn't need it to, it will always remind me of him without it explicitly mentioning him. Has she got Facebook? If so, see if she's written any nice quotes in the quote bit on her profile page. If not, try Wikiquotes for some good ones. Do the two of you have a favourite film/a pet name for each other? Be a bit more original instead of just writing your names and the date the two of you got together...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amitai)
    HA! 'Speak low, if you speak love' uh???? AWESOME *_*

though I have to say that Troilus and Cressida and Richard III........oh and of course Midsummer (I know, so obvious )

long live the Bard
    Beatrice's witty word play just makes me split my sides laughing

Midsummer is probably my 3rd fav (my brother did it for his year 6 play in primary school, he was oberon, it was AWESOME)

I'm just off to study some sonnets now...finally revision for uni exams that I enjoy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Beatrice's witty word play just makes me split my sides laughing

Midsummer is probably my 3rd fav (my brother did it for his year 6 play in primary school, he was oberon, it was AWESOME)

I'm just off to study some sonnets now...finally revision for uni exams that I enjoy...
    HA!Oberon!!!!! must have been amazing

exam? well, good luck with your study then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasicMinds)
    An eternal optimist I see!

Engraving is a bit tacky but if you're going to then maybe if she has a fave song and a lyric from that?
    Well, they will eventually, even if it's only when one of them dies.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for something to like:

"If music be the food of love, play on"

Not too soppy, still shows love, but if break up she can just see it as nice quote
    WTF?

OP DO NOT PUT THAT ON THERE, who the hek would engrave something like that? Just don't engrave it, put like her favourite songs on it...

"Roses are red,
      Violets are blue,
      I'm going to **** you with a rake"

I'm an old school romantic. Bear in mind there's a character limit, and that she'll be lumped with a permanent reminder in the form of a piece of expensive technology if you two break up.

ReputationRep:
      Just "I love you" would be the best thing, it'd make her smile every time she looked at it.
      • PS Helper
      • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
      WTF?

OP DO NOT PUT THAT ON THERE, who the hek would engrave something like that? Just don't engrave it, put like her favourite songs on it...
      Not a Shakespeare fan?

ReputationRep:
      Not a Shakespeare fan?
      No I'm not, and even if I was I still wouldn't. It's highly cringeworthy and soo cheesy.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.