Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Game of the Year 2010 - Vote now! Watch

• View Poll Results: Game of the Year 2010 ...
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    8.02%
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    4.58%
    BioShock 2
    2.29%
    Call of Duty: Black Ops
    8.40%
    F1 2010
    3.05%
    Fallout: New Vegas
    6.49%
    Fifa 11
    7.25%
    Final Fantasy 13
    2.67%
    God of War 3
    2.29%
    Gran Turismo 5
    6.11%
    Halo: Reach
    6.11%
    Mass Effect 2
    13.74%
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    0.76%
    Red Dead Redemption
    17.56%
    StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty
    3.44%
    Other - I will post my nomination.
    7.25%

ReputationRep:
    new vegas, definitely a grower but after a few hours I was as hooked as I was in 3, and even more overwhelmed

(Original post by marcusmerehay)

EDIT: 8000th post :party:
    :emo:
    :king1:

(Original post by TheBlindestPilot)
    new vegas, definitely a grower but after a few hours I was as hooked as I was in 3, and even more overwhelmed
    Side quests better than 3?

ReputationRep:
    SC2

ReputationRep:
    WoW:Cataclysm.

Even if it is buggy and they still have not given us a Feat of Strength for Keymaster.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
      Can we get in any more votes before 2011? :holmes:
      Nah, it's pretty obvious who won. :p:

ReputationRep:
      Borderlands

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
      Side quests better than 3?
      From what I've seen from browsing around online, New Vegas has a lot of good stuff going for it, like new weapons, the minor tweaks (repairing similar items, as one example), hardcore mode, more advanced and plot influencing side quests, factions/reputation, and probably a whole lot more off the top of my head.

Down sides? Apparently there's like a million more more bugs than F3. I'm playing F3 atm on PS3 and it hasn't once crashed, people have never randomly attacked me, and nothing out of the ordinary has happened, so I'm sceptical about all these comments.

ReputationRep:
      Deadly Premonition for me, it's a fantastic achievement, despite it's flaws

ReputationRep:
      Red Dead Redemption higher than Mass Effect 2?...come on lads!

ReputationRep:
      Final Fantasy XIII is the only game I've BOUGHT this year, I think... Well, other than recent Steam purchases, but they're in the sale and I'm pretty sure they're not this year's things (Civ IV so far... about to buy some of today's sale items).

But yeah... only thing I've bought...

ReputationRep:
      Mass Effect 2. Here's a question - is there anybody who has played Mass Effect 2 who hasn't voted for it? Somehow I doubt it...

ReputationRep:
      Mass Effect 2'll have to settle for second then

(Original post by ak9779)
        Mass Effect 2. Here's a question - is there anybody who has played Mass Effect 2 who hasn't voted for it? Somehow I doubt it...
        I have and I loved it. I decided to vote for RDR instead because it had everything - story, gameplay, game environment. Mass Effect 2 had a lot of excellent things like updated graphics, slicker combat, but the story was weaker and story is a big thing for me in games. If RDR wasn't released this year, Mass Effect 2 would've definitely had gained my vote.

Kinda hard to see that Bad Company 2 was trumped by Black Ops even though Bad Company 2 was definitely the best FPS shooter of the year.

ReputationRep:
        Brotherhood is being robbed of a podium finish.
        • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Phalanges)
        Brotherhood is being robbed of a podium finish.
        Seeing as I've not (yet) got either RDR or Mass Effect 2 (both to be corrected shortly :p:), I've helped it on its way a little!

ReputationRep:
        Fallout: New Vegas

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Illusionary)
        Seeing as I've not (yet) got either RDR or Mass Effect 2 (both to be corrected shortly :p:), I've helped it on its way a little!
        You can pick up ME2 on X360 for a fiver brand new in Game now. Exclusives suck, I probably won't get around to playing it for a year.

ReputationRep:
        Red Dead Redemption is the one I've spent the most time playing.

Though I don't have Mass Effect 2, might have to buy it.
        • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Phalanges)
        You can pick up ME2 on X360 for a fiver brand new in Game now. Exclusives suck, I probably won't get around to playing it for a year.
        :nah: I'm waiting for the PS3 version - not long now!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.