Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hughton sacked at Newcastle Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V1NY)
    I feel as if I'm in a never ending nightmare
    Agreed. I'm just lost for words. My anger at this is something i have grew used to. Ashley does it again. I can't last for much longer with him at the club. I've already swapped a season ticket at Newcastle for one at Blyth Spartans. I just would like to be in a room with that prick for 10 minutes. I'd easily do time for forcing him out of the club.

He's an absolute disgrace to football. I have nothing against Alan Pardew as a manager or person. But i do not want him. I want Chris Hughton. Alan Pardew is a side-step at best.

ReputationRep:
    I think this is a move by Ashley to sidestep from spending money should Newcastle qualify for Europe. Now, its more likely that they will finish worse off.

ReputationRep:
    he brings them straight back up in flying colours, had so far put newcastle comfortably in mid-table, and now they've decided to sack him? interesting logic.. the newcastle board are asking for too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cataclysmic)
    he brings them straight back up in flying colours, had so far put newcastle comfortably in mid-table, and now they've decided to sack him? interesting logic.. the newcastle board are asking for too much.
    Pardew has been lined up for months. Hughton just got some cracking results (mackems, chelsea x 2, Arsenal) he couldn't sack him then. Now he had an oppertunity.

Pardew is mates with Ashley. So Pardew will do what Ashley says. It wouldn't suprise me if Ashley was picking the team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    Pardew has been lined up for months. Hughton just got some cracking results (mackems, chelsea x 2, Arsenal) he couldn't sack him then. Now he had an oppertunity.

Pardew is mates with Ashley. So Pardew will do what Ashley says. It wouldn't suprise me if Ashley was picking the team.

then again, newcastle did get absolutely thrashed by bolton. *evil grin*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cataclysmic)
    then again, newcastle did get absolutely thrashed by bolton. *evil grin*
    Yeah. We've had some bad results. But its been a rollercoster. We've just came up. We are exceeding expectations. I'll take a couple of diasterous results (5-1 to bolton and West Brom) when we got results like beating the scum 5-1. Beating Villa 6-0, Beating Chelsea in the cup. Along with Victory at the Emirates.

I questioned Hughtons decisions sometimes. But he's just starting as a manager. and i was willing to let him grow as a manager. I have no doubt he would have became brilliant for Newcastle.

We would have easily stayed up this season. But now i question our survival hopes.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. I'm just lost for words. My anger at this is something i have grew used to. Ashley does it again. I can't last for much longer with him at the club. I've already swapped a season ticket at Newcastle for one at Blyth Spartans. I just would like to be in a room with that prick for 10 minutes. I'd easily do time for forcing him out of the club.
    Oh, local club then? :p:

I thought Mike Ashley might, just might, have been on the phone pleading with Keegan. If he wants a manager with experience, especially one so passiionate about Newcastle, there's no one better.

But that was naive. I also realised I just couldn't take the coverage of such a decision both at a national and regional level. Then the coverage when Keegan walks out (again).

We would have easily stayed up this season. But now i question our survival hopes.
    I think they'll be safe this year, just about, but next year...

Press conference at 2PM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)

Press conference at 2PM.
    Alan Pardew. 5 and a half year contract. Total joke.

ReputationRep:
    Alan Pardew. 5 and a half year contract. Total joke.
    Obviously don't know his wages, but that makes him untouchable for a couple of years surely? Wouldn't like to pay compensation on a contract with four years left to run...

ReputationRep:

Ashley's interview notes :lol:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)

Ashley's interview notes :lol:
    That is genuinely brilliant. :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

What the **** 5 and a half years, Ashley clearly wants the club relegated, unlike him I would like to be going back to St. James Park next season with the Villa, saying that the way we are going it will be use who go down, or even both of us going down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.