Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Mastercard is down, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srxjer)
    Mastercard is down, lol.
    Just desserts :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I suppose the nature of the allegations may seem dubious in light of his role in WikiLeaks, and for the fact he was only taken back to court because a right wing politican in Sweden asked for it. Yet, I suppose it's hard to have sufficient evidence for a rape case. Maybe he is guilty. WikiLeaks will still carry on even if he was to be arrested, and his arrest may sweeten things between the nations involved in all this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Just desserts :cool:
    Free speech: priceless. For everything else, there's Mastercard.

ReputationRep:
    I can see this being a smear against him, but an assassination would be SO obvious, and with him being such a well known figure in the media now it would be extremely difficult to explain away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    The prosecutors have just released a statement saying his arrest has nothing at all to do with the diplomatic cables. I dont think anyones buying that.
    Total BS!
    We all know the US were just looking for an excuse to arrest him. Sweden, for reasons unknown to me, are colluding with the US. Hmmph. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    'PayPal admits US State Department pressure over WikiLeaks'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/

****STORM IMMINENT.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    But similarly, neither does shutting the site down stop more things from being leaked. All the info on the US cables is already out there and more people will leak more things in future through other methods.

Yet this is not stopping some senator in the US saying the US 'use all legal means necessary to shut down Wikileaks before it can do more damage by releasing additional cables'.

Basically, there is nothing that can be done to stop the leaking of information. So what do those who don't want it released have left to do? They can discredit those who are responsible for the leaked information and also scare other people so they dare not do the same thing.

Some might argue that we are seeing both these things in the way the the founder and the website itself are being treated...

But this is hardly discrediting him. No one seems to believe that he could be guilty of this crime.

What makes more sense a strange man sexually assaulted a women or a man is being targeted by the US in an attempt to smear him by putting him on trial in a country with a free judiciary in the hopes they some how find him guilty, which without good evidence they will not.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.