Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i so am. i would never want to live in the usa

ReputationRep:
    Yeah!

ReputationRep:
    To these people who are proud of being britsh;
    What if you were born in America, born in Rwanda or maybe even bjorn in sweden you would be proud this woud'nt you, is national pride not a joke?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, some parts of our society make me despair, but deep down I love Britain.

ReputationRep:
    woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo ooooo british powerrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

i'm proud

ReputationRep:
    I'm proud to be half English and half Irish. Not so much British.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PendulumBoB)
    To these people who are proud of being britsh;
    What if you were born in America, born in Rwanda or maybe even bjorn in sweden you would be proud this woud'nt you, is national pride not a joke?
    National pride is a form of social solidarity. Social solidarity is important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightstar-27)
    National pride is a form of social solidarity. Social solidarity is important.
    You're joking right.
    Not everyone wants to fall in line and march in step whilst singing the national anthem.

ReputationRep:
    Am I proud to be British? To an extent, but I would not seek to demean the achievements of other nations and peoples. Britain as a society has accomplished a lot, but it's not, and never has been, a shining beacon of virtue, justice and freedom - it has had it's dark moments. I would also not let my vague pride in British accomplishments throughout the ages get in the way of my approval for a European or World government if I felt it was a positive attempt at making such an entity. I am a human before I am a Brit.

ReputationRep:
    i really am proud to be british because we have fought off being conquered so many times. we have fought to keep our culture and heritage alive, thats what makes me proud

ReputationRep:
    I'm proud to be British

ReputationRep:
    I am British and, if I am truly honest, not proud of being so. We have the shame of inventing the first ever concentration camp (Lord Kitchener) and starting the African slave trade (John Hawkins). However, I do not think any Brit can fully renounce their admiration of this country's previously rich culture and power.

ReputationRep:
    I'm proud!!!!
    think how small we are, yet have so much about us!!

and the americans are all jealous of our style

ReputationRep:
    I'm proud to be Scottish... And yeah, in a way I'm proud to be British.

ReputationRep:
    dumny z bycia Brytyjczykiem!!!!!!!

I'm not actually Polish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PendulumBoB)
    You're joking right.
    Not everyone wants to fall in line and march in step whilst singing the national anthem.
    No but there's nothing wrong with people liking the culture or country they're from.

ReputationRep:
    Not proud, but very content.

ReputationRep:
    I was not born in the UK but the British people have embraced me. I am proud to live here. British culture and history is so rich and fascinating. I love the Queen and Royal Family.
    Everytime I hear Obama slight Britain I want to punch the ungrateful douche in the face. France is America's greatest ally is it? When we sent 45,000 troops to back you up invading Iraq, how many did France send?
    So we beat up your father, maybe he shouldn't have been a thief, get over it.
    It kills me when people don't appreciate our contributions and only focus on the bad things we did.

ReputationRep:
    I am a PC

Britain = load of council houses and a lot of JSA claimants.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not proud, but I'm not ashamed either, just indifferent...

Why be proud of something I've played no part in creating nor shaping? I reserve pride for personal accomplishment and I don't classify dropping out of my mother's crotch in a particular geographical location an accomplishment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.