Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

are you happy with your body? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Happy enough. I don't really care enough to think about it.

ReputationRep:
    height: 5ft 5
    weight: oh god i cant remember
    dress size: 8
    favourite part(s): My legs, stomach and boobs. I'm slim but toned, and curvy in the right places
    anything you would change?: Would like to have a bit more muscle, and maybe a bit of a tan (im rather pale)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Naturally muscular? Pics or you're lying
    Guess I'm lying then; I'm not so desperate to prove myself, nor inclined to post topless pics to another lad.

ReputationRep:
    erm no.. (im a girl)
    I have broad shoulders, the top half of my body is not proportional to my legs, hate my skin, want to be taller, don’t like my hands.. I swear they look like old women hands :P and want to lose some weight.. Im not really fat just not toned anywhere at all!! gymm erghhhhh. The only thing I really like about myself is my face shape and hair.

ReputationRep:
    height - I'm pretty average so it doesn't bother me
    weight - would love to be about 2 stone lighter!
    dress size - not happy
    favourite part(s) - my boobies, that's about it
    anything you would change? - Everything except the above!

ReputationRep:
    I'm perfectly happy with my body =) I enjoy being a short-arse and I'm currently happy with my weight and dress size. I think I'm quite attractive. If I could change anything I'd loose a wee bit more weight, but not too much. Enough for a flat tummy, maybe. But I will get there soon anyway.

ReputationRep:
    height: 5'9 or thereabouts
    weight: 9 stone 7
    dress size: 10
    favourite part(s): I like my wrists. Is that weird?
    [b]anything you would change?

I'd LIKE to be taller (I'm sort of the tall side of average, but in my family I'm known as 'the midget') and have a smaller nose and jaw.

But as these are things I can't do anything about, I refuse to waste time worrying about them.

I'd also like less wobbly legs, but that's my own fault for not dragging my sorry ass down the gym more often, and I'd like to have semi-decent skin, but I've given up trying to fix that because nothing makes any difference.

So all in all, eh. I certainly wouldn't class myself as attractive by general standards, and I doubt others would either - but there's naff-all I can do about it, so what's the point in moping? Feeling bad about it isn't going to change how I look, so I might as well be cheerful.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting there I recently lost a stone and dropped a dress size (:eek:) one. . . maybe two more dress sizes and I'll be happy

I'm 5'6 3/4" :sexface: and I think that is a perfect height. i feel an extra 1/4 would ruin it

I love my skin, I so rarely get spots and have a perfect complexion so don't need foundation etc. I count myself very lucky

ReputationRep:
    height: 5ft midget, so not really because I'm in a house of tall people and can never reach anything!
    weight: I could lose some weight..
    dress size: somewhere between 10-12, though it changes in different shops. I think on average it's a 12 Not good for my height!
    favourite part(s): I don't think I have any.
    Anything you would change: As you can tell, quite a lot.

However, it's not the most important thing in the world. I don't spend every day going "omg, I hate my body :eek:!" If I'm going to stress over anything, it's going to be important!

ReputationRep:
    No. Not at all. Don't think I ever have been.

height 5' 6"
    weight too much
    dress size too big
    favourite part(s) My shoulder. Thats it. Sexy.
    anything you would change? Almost everything.

ReputationRep:
    Height - 5'7
    Weight - 64kg
    Dress size - 10
    Favourite part(s) - boobs, face
    Anything you would change? - get rid of anything that wobbles :o:

I'm not happy with my body at all. I have days where I think I look okay, and days where I just feel really really big. It doesn't help that the people I'm living with are/feel really skinny compared to me. Feeling like you're the fattest out of your friends is never a nice thing.

Also, I have these weird 'dints' on either side, just lower down than my hips. So it goes:
    • Waist (which I like)
    • Hips (which are okay)
    • Weird dints (that I loathe! )

ReputationRep:
    height: YES :yep: would love to be taller though but I'm satisified.
    weight: yes
    dress size: NO
    favourite part(s): my long arms.
    anything you would change? Dress size

ReputationRep:
    yup but hate my thighs, oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c0nfus3d)
    height: YES :yep: would love to be taller though but I'm satisified.
    weight: yes
    dress size: NO
    favourite part(s): my long arms.
    anything you would change? Dress size
    what size are you?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, and for good reason; skinny plus mild-moderate pectus excavatum really doesnt look that great.
    Still, just going to the gym makes me feel a helluva lot better about it.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I am very surprised to see so many girls liking their breasts. Every girl I was ever with seriously disliked hers, even if they were great.
    Also surprised to see so many British girls being happy with their face in general. I mean, the whole world knows Britain has the highest percentage of ugly girls, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aws)
    what size are you?

Does it matter?

ReputationRep:
    height 6ft 3
    weight 11st 9
    dress size 12
    favourite part(s) Eyes
    anything you would change? Nose

I'm perfectly happy with my weight, I'm only 3 lbs over the minimum weight for my height, and I'm happy with my dress size too. For someone of my height, a size 12 is about right, any smaller and (as I've said many times before) I look ill!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.