Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

IMAX tomorrow is going to be :coma::coma:

(Original post by Reelo)
        Oh really? I don't think that I particulartly gave anything away. It's evident from most trailers that there are various lightbike scenes and also the fact that daft punk take part in the movie. I may have stated that Tron makes an appearance also, but I haven't stated his role, purpose etc. in the movie.
        True, I may have exaggerated. No matter, mods added a spoiler tag to the thread title so we should, now, be free to discuss spoilers.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
        True, I may have exaggerated. No matter, mods added a spoiler tag to the thread title so we should, now, be free to discuss spoilers.
        Oh, fair do's You've seen the movie too, right? So how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
        I saw it first in here so far :woo:

(Original post by Reelo)
          Oh, fair do's You've seen the movie too, right? So how did you find it?
          At the moment, I'm unable to construct my thoughts into any words about good or bad points but on a ratings system:

Narrative/Story - 5
          Acting - 7
          Character development - 5
          Visuals - 10
          Soundtrack - 10

Overall - 7/10

What would you give it? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
          At the moment, I'm unable to construct my thoughts into any words about good or bad points but on a ratings system:

Narrative/Story - 5
          Acting - 7
          Visuals - 10
          Soundtrack - 10

Overall - 7/10

Overall - 7.4/10 :fyi:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:

Narrative/Story - 5
          Acting - 7
          Visuals - 10
          Soundtrack - 10

Overall - 7/10

Hmm...well, let's see;

Narrative/Story - 6/10 (actually, the story was pretty average, but I LOVED the parts about Tron, and it was fun to see how they incorporated concepts from the first film)

Acting - 5/10 (No one gave a 'wow' performance really =/)

Character development - 5/10 (Again, the only character I actually felt attached to was Tron...I see a pattern forming here :P)

Visuals - 10/10 (Lightbike Scene. Need I say more?)

Soundtrack - 10/10 (serious kudos for Daft Punk)

Average - 7.2/10

Well, I guess we have around about the same opinion
          • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
          The story was incredibly flimsy but the visuals and soundtrack were amazingly gorgeous. I would seriously watch it again just to see those visuals. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
          i loved it!

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by win2kpro)
          Overall - 7.4/10 :fyi:

:getmecoat:
          Only if you assume that those five factors are all that matters for an overall experience, and that they are weighted equally.

ReputationRep:
          I was slightly underwhelmed by Tron: Legacy. It wasn't a bad film, and I would happily watch it again but it could have been so much better!

ReputationRep:
          It was immense :coma:

New sig :sexface:

ReputationRep:
          Saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Most of the people I saw it with either hadn't seen the original, or couldn't remember it. I had a bit of trouble remembering the original so have "acquired" it to watch again.

But yeah, pretty great movie. I want to watch it gain as we were in row C of the IMAX and so the 3D didn't seem to work for me and I couldn't get a full picture
          • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by R-KAM)
          It was immense :coma:

New sig :sexface:
          :sogood:

ReputationRep:
          just saw this film.

was good. storyline was a bit boring but graphics n soundtrack were pretty good!

7/10

ReputationRep:
          saw the film...INCREDIBLE. very good effects, soundtrack(DAFT PUNK!!!) and storyline. Best MOVIE OF 2010.
          10/10. so called "criticics" rating it bad are just completley deluded. then agian i dont go and see a film based on reviews etc i see it because it interests ME.

ReputationRep:
          Would everyone just shut up about this movie!

I don't get all the fuss about it! It looks like one of the worst films ever, soooo boring and completely for the nerds with no real life outside of video-games. It doesn't have any real characters or storylines that you can relate to. Awful, over-hyped nonsense for spotty people who wish they could live in a virtual world. Go watch something more interesting like Hazza Potter.

Based on the trailer: not worth seeing. 2/10.

ReputationRep:
          Tight film, saw it on Wednesday

amazing visuals, perhaps the 3D wasn't entirely necessary to really enjoy the film (for me anyway) but it did add depth and an extra visual aspect

Was quite long and drawn out, I liked the story quite a bit though, really liked how the followed up from the original Tron like that - quite imaginative and progressive

Acting was ok, Jeff Bridges was awesome as was Olivia Wilde and (the main character dunno his name) - Michael Sheen was a sight for sore eyes haha, he really does do that loony man in power role well

People have complained about the ending - saying it was a bit of an anti-climax and stuff and that there was a lack of action but mehh I thought it was ok

7.5/10 overall, the film seemed a tad rushed towards the end tbh, the action scenes could have been a bit more flashy and physical too

(Original post by HEDM22)
            Would everyone just shut up about this movie!
            Then why are you posting in a thread called Tron: Legacy? :erm:

I don't get all the fuss about it! It looks like one of the worst films ever
            Based on the trailer: not worth seeing. 2/10.
            So you haven't actually seen the film but you feel compelled to give the film itself a rating. That's like calling a book a crap piece of literature or reviewing it having just read the blurb.

soooo boring and completely for the nerds with no real life outside of video-games. It doesn't have any real characters or storylines that you can relate to. Awful, over-hyped nonsense for spotty people who wish they could live in a virtual world. Go watch something more interesting like Hazza Potter.
            I commend you on your generalisation which does nothing but show that you have no idea what you're talking about. Bravo. :yy:

ReputationRep:
            I commend you on your generalisation which does nothing but show that you have no idea what you're talking about. Bravo. :yy:
            I've seen clips of it and it doesn't look like my sort of movie. Everyone's talking about it like it's the film of the year though! I might go and see it, but it just looks rubbish if I'm honest. Most remakes are and a lot of my friends who went and watched it with their boyfriends said it was awful and aimed primarily at a geeky audience. Glad you enjoyed it though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          What newspaper do you read/prefer?
          Useful resources
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.